+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

After 36 months: I go for Mandamus! Who else here has hired a lawyer?

J.M.

Star Member
Jan 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
daktrader said:
No Lawyer is going to Gurantee an Approval/Grant for Citizenship...
If you know of any lawyer who gurantees approval from your "research" please do share...
Thanks
The person you quoted never said anything about a guarantee, just that a lot of people on here seem willing to take the same lawyer even though the original case has not reached conclusion. Basically, if all of these people hire the same lawyer, and the original case is unsuccessful, the rest of the cases might be unsuccessful too, and a waste of their time/money. There isn't a proven track record yet.

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
daktrader said:
No Lawyer is going to Gurantee an Approval/Grant for Citizenship...
If you know of any lawyer who gurantees approval from your "research" please do share...
Thanks
wth are you even talking about? I didn't say anything about any lawyer guarantee. I simply stated that everyone here is looking for the number/name of Waitlysts' lawyer. Far as I can see, his lawyer hasn't yet proven his ability one way or the other, however there are many folks here looking for his number/name for them to also file Mandamus.

Akroom

Feb 14, 2014
Hello guys,

I think the lawyer had succeeded in a way the applicant went for JH which means his file moved from the dust and with out WOM nothing would be moved
Yes it is not solved totally yet, but they still have 10 days or so for the 2 month to reply on the applicant.

Xenophon2010

Jun 3, 2013
I agree with Akroom.

For those from Toronto, there is a similar hunt for lawyers on the forum.

It would be great if anyone who has actually done this advise us of his experience, name of lawyer, and cost.

daktrader

Apr 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Alurra71 said:
wth are you even talking about? I didn't say anything about any lawyer guarantee. I simply stated that everyone here is looking for the number/name of Waitlysts' lawyer. Far as I can see, his lawyer hasn't yet proven his ability one way or the other, however there are many folks here looking for his number/name for them to also file Mandamus.
Im not imposing any blame on you...
Im just saying if you have any other lawyers with a reasonably good track record, please do share...
Everyone including you and me are very curious to find the outcome of Waitlysts case...
Good Luck

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
Akroom said:
Hello guys,

I think the lawyer had succeeded in a way the applicant went for JH which means his file moved from the dust and with out WOM nothing would be moved
Yes it is not solved totally yet, but they still have 10 days or so for the 2 month to reply on the applicant.
That's right. Filing a motion for mandamus immediately produced movement on the file. Its not clear to me though if there was ever a mandamus hearing or not in court--or if the OP and counsel decided to drop it as there was movement? It would probably be cheaper for the applicant not to pay the lawyer to go to the hearing.

mtl2014

Star Member
Mar 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
if i decide to go to mandamus i will not hire a lawyer because it will cost thousands bucks ,but i will do it lonely.maybe it will cost 250$.

CIC1973

Star Member
Apr 10, 2014
I think paying the $----- is worth it rather than wait 2 or 3 years wondering where is the application

daktrader

Apr 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mtl2014 said:
if i decide to go to mandamus i will not hire a lawyer because it will cost thousands bucks ,but i will do it lonely.maybe it will cost 250$.

What is the procedure of applying on your own ?
Please share
Thanks

mtl2014

Star Member
Mar 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i heard that anyone can apply at the court of justice and deposit his case without lawyer and it cost 250 or 300 bucks.
if i decide i will go to the justice court office and ask for how to do it.

mtl2014

Star Member
Mar 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
it's the same things as immigration application.you can deposit your application by your own and pay only the application fees ,or you can hire a lawyer or consultant and pay 4000 bucks for nothing.
;D

Akroom

Feb 14, 2014
Yes i heard anyone can do such thing but the problem is that you need someone who knows how to present it.what is acceptable and what is not.the way to be written.
I DONT DISCOURAGE others to go through it.

mtl2014

Star Member
Mar 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Akroom said:
Yes i heard anyone can do such thing but the problem is that you need someone who knows how to present it.what is acceptable and what is not.the way to be written.
I DONT DISCOURAGE others to go through it.
for whom who wants the advice of a lawyer you can find on kijiji many lawyers who offers a service on demand with very low rates to prepare you to present the application and the way to be written

walitys

Star Member
May 19, 2013
Akroom said:
Hello guys,

Hi Everybody,

a small update. A week before the end of 60 days-period (within which the CJ had to make a decision on my application) I contacted my lawyer suggesting either to request a mandamus court hearing on the 60th day of waiting, or to contact CJ to find out, what is going on.

My lawyer said that not CJ, but Dept of Justice's lawyer (representing CIC) has to be contacted. On the same day, the Dept of Justice's lawyer answered, that my application was approved 2 weeks ago! (No changes in eCAS, no written communication so far. Only phone communication between lawyers).

Dept of Justice's lawyer advised "to wait for a few more weeks" for an oath invitation. Hmmmm.... We'll see.

Those, who asked me for my lawyer details, it looks, like you need to wait "for a few more weeks", after which I'll share with you more details.

Cheers,

walitys

(I am in Toronto, St Clair's office, applied in Nov. 2010. - Test and RQ in Dec. 2011 - CJ Hearing in Feb. 2014)

eileenf

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
An early congratulations to you (though I'm sure you'll feel more like celebrating after the Oath actually hapens!), Walitys. Thank you kindly for the updates.