+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Afghanistan application priority

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Situation will not change unless they leave Afghanistan, ive seen people come to Pakistan and get medical and etc. they have to leave Afg
Quite a lot of people stuck in Pakistan waiting for processing. Many who were evacuated remain in Canada in limbo which also isn’t ideal either but it is pretty unheard of to be allowed to enter Canada without approval first. This is a pretty rare situation where you have complex files, many who don’t speak English/French, minimal resources in Afghanistan, difficult to process background checks, many incomplete files, large number of files, many hadn’t done their medicals, etc. so it will take some time to get processed. Add covid on top of everything. The government seems to have brought most to Toronto who are waiting in hotels provided by the taxpayers. GTA is too expensive to resettle everyone and it would be too taxing on the settlement agency to resettle thousands of people in one area so once processed I assume the refugees will be redistributed throughout Canada.

Nas1820

Star Member
Dec 12, 2019
Quite a lot of people stuck in Pakistan waiting for processing. Many who were evacuated remain in Canada in limbo which also isn’t ideal either but it is pretty unheard of to be allowed to enter Canada without approval first. This is a pretty rare situation where you have complex files, many who don’t speak English/French, minimal resources in Afghanistan, difficult to process background checks, many incomplete files, large number of files, many hadn’t done their medicals, etc. so it will take some time to get processed. Add covid on top of everything. The government seems to have brought most to Toronto who are waiting in hotels provided by the taxpayers. GTA is too expensive to resettle everyone and it would be too taxing on the settlement agency to resettle thousands of people in one area so once processed I assume the refugees will be redistributed throughout Canada.
How about privately sponsored afghan refugees,? No update after 6 months of medical

Ex ツ

May 24, 2020
Will i understand what you say, but its also a little cruel on the applicants when IRCC says they will issue visas in a few days once the applicant leaves afghanistan, but in fact nobody received anything. They told us to go to a third country we will issue you canadian visas in few days but its been 50 days since we are stranded in Pakistan, with our visas being on the brink of expiration. I wouldve loved to be told the truth rather than comfort me with a lie.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Will i understand what you say, but its also a little cruel on the applicants when IRCC says they will issue visas in a few days once the applicant leaves afghanistan, but in fact nobody received anything. They told us to go to a third country we will issue you canadian visas in few days but its been 50 days since we are stranded in Pakistan, with our visas being on the brink of expiration. I wouldve loved to be told the truth rather than comfort me with a lie.
What IRCC wanted to accomplish and what was realistic and what happened is often different. Many of these promises were made in a very chaotic emergency situation where obstacles may have not been apparent until they started processing applications. The goal was likely to get people out of Afghanistan whenever possible knowing that at least people would be in less danger and in a place where flights were accessible once someone got approval. Assume there have been many obstacles that hadn’t been considered. Many of the cases are complex. In some cases additional family members are being added to applications, many have incomplete applications and documents may not be accessible because of Taliban control and how quickly things happened, there is limited western governments presence in Afghanistan and minimal cooperation from the Taliban so things like background checks are significantly more difficult, etc. These delays are not limited to Canada. I just saw some reporting about a large number of Afghan citizens stuck in Albania waiting for their paperwork to be processed from the US. I can only imagine the fear and frustration that people are going through but processing times of a few months would still be extremely fast processing times and rarely seen. A lot of effort is going in to try to process applications as soon as possible but there are many moving parts to this process. Currently there are a large number of Afghan citizens that did make it to Canada but without status in Canada. Arriving without status and without background checks, medicals, etc. is pretty unheard of. Most are stuck in hotels and settlement agencies were not prepared for this volume of arrivals at one time and so quickly. They also don’t have enough staff trained in the various languages used in Afghanistan. Bringing even more people to Canada, with or without status, without somewhat settling the first group of people adds to an already difficult situation. It does seem like the government is trying to move the initial arrivals and take over a whole hotel so that they can create a self-contained settlement hotel where numerous services are available. That will create room for new arrivals. This is also an expensive undertaking. Since many don’t have status they don’t have the ability to apply for a WP, social assistance, etc. The hotel stays are free and residents are provides all services and 3 meals a day. It sounds like by taking over the whole hotel the settlement agencies will be able to set up offices in the hotel, medical clinics, language classes, etc. I believe many charities are supporting people stuck in Afghanistan or Pakistan. The situation in Afghanistan evolved so quickly that it is taking longer than expected to process applications. Covid adds to already difficult situation There are other files, including refugees in other parts of the world, who also must be processed so IRCC can only dedicate so much of the staff to the Afghanistan files. Hopefully you will hear about your application soon.

hassan905

May 7, 2014
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31st July 2014
Nomination.....
25th Nov 2014(PER)
Med's Request
5th Feb 2015
Med's Done....
18th Feb 2015
Interview........
Waived alhamdullilah
Passport Req..
6th March 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Inshallah soon
has anyone had experience where they (Principal applicant i.e Protected person in Canada) recives PR email but no mention of depandants overseas, I mean what happens next for depandants in Afghanistan ?

Ex ツ

May 24, 2020
has anyone had experience where they (Principal applicant i.e Protected person in Canada) recives PR email but no mention of depandants overseas, I mean what happens next for depandants in Afghanistan ?
you will receive an email dont worry…!! Or call the situation Afghanistan

hassan905

May 7, 2014
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31st July 2014
Nomination.....
25th Nov 2014(PER)
Med's Request
5th Feb 2015
Med's Done....
18th Feb 2015
Interview........
Waived alhamdullilah
Passport Req..
6th March 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Inshallah soon
you will receive an email dont worry…!! Or call the situation Afghanistan
thank you for giving hope appreciated , did u have similar situation as well?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Dependents overseas are processed after the primary applicant.