+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Affidavits - Too many, good or bad

akprasad1

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
Friends,

Due to document related gaps and information mismatch in my profile, I am having to prepare 'few' affidavits to support these areas. Please let me know if so many affidavits are required or will it backfire by causing issues during review by CIC.

Affidavits to Prepared:
Self :
1) Affidavit to declare that different versions of the names between Passport and other certificates (Education, Work etc) are of the same person.
2) Affidavit to declare that previous employer being closed in 2009, so job duty letter will not be available.
OR
Affidavit of declaration from a colleage from same company, stating I worked with him for the duration and the company ceased all operations in 2009.

Spouse
1) Affidavit for running of self owned business from 2013-2015, so job duty letter will come from self.
2) Translation to English from regional language of Registration Certificate of the business she was running.
3) Affidavit to declare that previous employer (same as mine) being closed in 2009, so job duty letter will not be available
OR
Affidavit of declaration from a colleage from same company, stating she worked with him for the duration and the company ceased all operations in 2009.

Could someone please share their opinion and help me make the decision to send so many affidavits or not?

Thank you!

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
akprasad1 said:
Friends,

Due to document related gaps and information mismatch in my profile, I am having to prepare 'few' affidavits to support these areas. Please let me know if so many affidavits are required or will it backfire by causing issues during review by CIC.

Affidavits to Prepared:
Self :
1) Affidavit to declare that different versions of the names between Passport and other certificates (Education, Work etc) are of the same person.
2) Affidavit to declare that previous employer being closed in 2009, so job duty letter will not be available.
OR
Affidavit of declaration from a colleage from same company, stating I worked with him for the duration and the company ceased all operations in 2009.

Spouse
1) Affidavit for running of self owned business from 2013-2015, so job duty letter will come from self.
2) Translation to English from regional language of Registration Certificate of the business she was running.
3) Affidavit to declare that previous employer (same as mine) being closed in 2009, so job duty letter will not be available
OR
Affidavit of declaration from a colleage from same company, stating she worked with him for the duration and the company ceased all operations in 2009.

Could someone please share their opinion and help me make the decision to send so many affidavits or not?

Thank you!
It's okay, don't worry about sending too many affidavits. Sending more documentation is never a cause for worry or refusal- sending too little, on the other hand, definitely is.
Just send as many documents as you think are necessary to ensure your application is airtight.
Good luck.

akprasad1

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
Thanks Aragorn165 for the quick response. As I was advised by few folks that sending too many affidavits, in lack of the official documents, can raise a suspicion of fraud. Hence the concern..

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
akprasad1 said:
Thanks Aragorn165 for the quick response. As I was advised by few folks that sending too many affidavits, in lack of the official documents, can raise a suspicion of fraud. Hence the concern..
Ordinarily, yes- but an affidavit is needed to establish identity in case of discrepancy in names used, so there is nothing you can do there. For the other cases, here are my suggestions:

a) Get an affidavit from your colleague who worked at the same company; it does not have to be an affidavit, it can be a simple letter of reference. You can also attach your salary slips, tax return filings, and employment letters to validate your claim of employment. Doing all this negates having to use an affidavit.
b) The translation does not need an affidavit. Instead, you need an official translation of the documents from a recognized translator. Check CIC's website for more details.
c) For your wife's employment case- again, a letter from colleague, plus salary slips, tax filings, bank statements, and employment letters are enough to establish legitimacy.

For any affidavits you do have made, remember to have them notarized, so they have legal backing.

akprasad1

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
Thanks again, Aragorn165. This is helpful and I feel more confident about the documents I need to prepare.

Take care

akprasad1

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
Aragorn165 - Lastly wanted to check with you if you have a format in mind, for the letter that the colleague can send confirming that I had worked with him in the same company?

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
akprasad1 said:
Aragorn165 - Lastly wanted to check with you if you have a format in mind, for the letter that the colleague can send confirming that I had worked with him in the same company?
It can be similar to a reference letter from the employer. Something like

I, _______, hereby confirm that <akprasad1> worked at <company name> from <date started> to <date ended>, and was my colleague there. <akprasad1> worked as <position name here>, working for <hours worked per week>. His duties included:

<list of duties in bullet point format>

Because the company has now ceased operations, I further confirm that it is impossible for <akprasad1> to procure any official documentation that would confirm his employment. Please accept my declaration in its stead.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me,

Regards
<signature>

<name>
<phone number>
<email>

Attach your employment letter/salary slips, and this should (hopefully) be sufficient.