+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Affidavit of Support

maruti81

Mar 13, 2009
Hi,

I am planning to prepare "Affidavit of Support" to support my my dad's visiting visa.

Can anyone tell me where I can download this "Affidavit of Support" form? Is this a letter that I need to sign in presence of attorney in Canada? I do not seem to find any form for this. Please guide me where I can find the form or a sample letter, and instructions on how to have this completed.

Thank you all in advance for your helpful replies. I have pretty much everything in place except this one.

cocomtl

Star Member
Oct 19, 2010
kingston, Jamaica
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This might help you out, you should have the letter notarized as well.

cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/index.asp

maruti81

Mar 13, 2009
cocomtl said:
This might help you out, you should have the letter notarized as well.

cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/index.asp
Thank you for trying to help. But I am not able to find exactly where is the required form. I found the below link. Do you think that copying the form on word document and modifying it (for ex: using I instead of We etc) can help?

http://www.philcongen-toronto.com/consular/docs/AffidavitOfSupport_we.pdf

cocomtl

Star Member
Oct 19, 2010
kingston, Jamaica
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes you can use that as a template, but really you just need a letter written from the sponsor. So have a letter written out stating the purpose of the trip, length of your stay and how the sponsor will be supporting you, have it notarized and provide T4's or source of income.

maruti81

Mar 13, 2009
cocomtl said:
Yes you can use that as a template, but really you just need a letter written from the sponsor. So have a letter written out stating the purpose of the trip, length of your stay and how the sponsor will be supporting you, have it notarized and provide T4's or source of income.
Thank you. I am the sponsor and I have a letter written to the CIC office telling that I will make sure that my dad will not be a public charge and will leave before the visa expiration.

It looks like all I need to do for "affidavit of support" is get this letter notarized from a Candian notary. If anyone thinks otherwise, please let me know.

Thanks.

rakommineni

Star Member
Oct 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo----CPP-Ottawa--Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2011
Doc's Request.
16-07-2013 medicals with spouse's dob and pcc
AOR Received.
1st:26-06-2011, 2nd:24-04-2012
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
15-04-2013-Mexico
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
24-07-2013
Passport Req..
12-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
22-11-2013
LANDED..........
07-12-2013
Maruthi,

You can get from Lawyer,they have a template.If you give full of your info to them, they will customize and give you.For me they charged $40 including template(Letter).Where do you live? Toronto?

maruti81

Mar 13, 2009
rakommineni said:
Maruthi,

You can get from Lawyer,they have a template.If you give full of your info to them, they will customize and give you.For me they charged $40 including template(Letter).Where do you live? Toronto?
Thank you for your response.
No, I live and work near Detroit, and plan to get the notary done in Windsor.

Popeye100

Apr 1, 2014
rakommineni said:
Maruthi,

Does anyone know about affidavit sample or some lawyer in scarborough?

silentThunder

Dec 2, 2012
rakommineni said:
Maruthi,

Hi,

Please can you advice the Lawyer you used for this service...I urgently need help...Thanks.

YogMys

Feb 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2nd April 2013
AOR Received.
19th April 2013
File Transfer...
24th April 2013
Med's Done....
25th Feb 2013
Passport Req..
21st May 2013
VISA ISSUED...
25th Oct 2013 (in-process since 4th Oct n Decision made on 28th Oct)
LANDED..........
12th Nov 2013
Hi

quick question

What is the affidavit of support? What is the use of it?

I am planning to apply for my in-laws and have many question unanswered.

Let me know whoever is aware of TRV, i can send personalized message n get answer to all my questions

Appreciate you advice and reply

bye :)