+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ADVISE PLS is this COPR!?

canadiangirl88

Star Member
May 2, 2020
Hello!
I’m just a little confused on where we’re at, and if anyone could provide some help that would be great!
we have both sponsor/ PA as “decision made” on ECAS.
Sponsor application has been approved.
We have not received any update on the principal applicant even though ECAS states decision made.

today we received an email with instructions on how to make an account for the “PR CONFIRMATION PORTAL” however in this email there is nothing that states the application has been approved, just that “we are at the end of the process for your application”.

there is still no update on whether or not the application was approved in GCKey, it just says in process.

I thought maybe this was the COPR email? Idk. Because I thought that comes after approval, and we haven’t been approved or denied yet. Idk, it’s so confusing!!! Anyone have an idea?

thanks!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
This is the current equivalent of passport request for those already in Canada. After they do this portal-confirmation magic, you'll apparently get COPR and some sort of message saying 'now a PR.'

(This is a bit new so when you finish, share with others how it worked)

canadiangirl88

Star Member
May 2, 2020
I’ll absolutely update! Thanks for your reply! I’m just a little confused because I thought my application would be approved before they would send that email. And from what I’ve been reading on these forums, people have had their apps approved before receiving this PDF with the instructions??

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I’ll absolutely update! Thanks for your reply! I’m just a little confused because I thought my application would be approved before they would send that email. And from what I’ve been reading on these forums, people have had their apps approved before receiving this PDF with the instructions??
When you say approved, what do you mean?

I mean, this is it, really. Gckey won't show anything yet.

canadiangirl88

Star Member
May 2, 2020
For example, in ECAS it says both sponsor application and primary applicant have a “decision made”. When I click onto decision made, there has been no updates for primary application. Also no updates in GCKey, GCKey just says still processing

I am the sponsor, and I received an email stating that my application has been approved. However my partner has not received any such email about his application being approved.

i was under the impression that we would see whether his PR application was approved (like the email I received for my sponsorship approval) before we received any additional steps. I guess I am confused why we haven’t heard anything about whether the PR application is approved or not.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Gckey does not show any update until copr issued,except for correspondence.

If you got the invitation to the confirmation portal,I think that's it - or it will come in the PR confirmation portal (after whatever confirmation they do in that), with a line saying now a PR.

I think. In other words, I think the rest is administrative, and it's approved.

Again, I think.

travelingrabbit

Star Member
Jul 24, 2020
For example, in ECAS it says both sponsor application and primary applicant have a “decision made”. When I click onto decision made, there has been no updates for primary application. Also no updates in GCKey, GCKey just says still processing

I am the sponsor, and I received an email stating that my application has been approved. However my partner has not received any such email about his application being approved.

i was under the impression that we would see whether his PR application was approved (like the email I received for my sponsorship approval) before we received any additional steps. I guess I am confused why we haven’t heard anything about whether the PR application is approved or not.
This just happened to one of the July 2020 applicants, they got decision made after the PR confirmation portal. I wouldn't worry about it too much, just follow the portal instructions and you'll be all set.

Congrats!

Reactions: armoured

bpcsekhar

Star Member
Mar 15, 2016
Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
NewDelhi
Hello!
I’m just a little confused on where we’re at, and if anyone could provide some help that would be great!
We have not received any update on the principal applicant even though ECAS states decision made.

today we received an email with instructions on how to make an account for the “PR CONFIRMATION PORTAL” however in this email there is nothing that states the application has been approved, just that “we are at the end of the process for your application”.

there is still no update on whether or not the application was approved in GCKey, it just says in process.

I thought maybe this was the COPR email? Idk. Because I thought that comes after approval, and we haven’t been approved or denied yet. Idk, it’s so confusing!!! Anyone have an idea?

thanks!
You may please refer this thread...
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/new-pr-confirmation-portal.713006/page-316

louand

Mar 16, 2018
Hello!

thanks!
Hi! You just need to email them back with the information they asking for like name, UCI, email, original and last date of entry and port of entry. Once you have replied to that, you will get another email with your log in credentials to the portal. Once you have submitted/done the 3 steps being asked, then next email is "Congratulations! You are now a PR of Canada".

jurio0317

Star Member
Aug 9, 2023
Hi! You just need to email them back with the information they asking for like name, UCI, email, original and last date of entry and port of entry. Once you have replied to that, you will get another email with your log in credentials to the portal. Once you have submitted/done the 3 steps being asked, then next email is "Congratulations! You are now a PR of Canada".
hi this is same as mine.. got pr confirmation portal email but application is not approved yet and credentials not received yet..