+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ADVISA NEEDED - RESIGNING and CAREER SWITCHING

Ascent

May 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear All,
I need an advice for making a decision, as I am sitting on the fence and undecided what to do. This move will have a great impact on my future career and my long term life goals.

I am an Assistant Professor (in department of Business Administration) with 6 year and and 10.5 months of total experience in Academia. Out of which I worked for teaching assistant for 1.5 year, then as Lecturer for 3.5 years and now currently I am serving as Assistant professor since MARCH 2014.

I will be completing 7 years of service in total this November, rather more specifically on 8th November 2015. I want to resign from my job as I am planning about a career switching in Software consultancy/Business analyst (have bachelors in Computer Science). For this reason I need to resign and take some courses. My current NOC code (4011) will be different from the NOC code (2171) of my future job.

My question is How will this situation impact my application as I will be out of job.

Please advise should I resign or should I stick to the job until I get ITA, my score is 428. I will be reappearing for IELTS next month. Cannot apply for Ontario PNP as no ties with the province, It is like a catch 22 for me. :-\

If I stick to the current job career switching will not be a quick and swift process. If I resign don’t know whether I will be able to process my Canadian Immigration without job and at the same time no stable pay cheque.

Thanking you all in advance.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Being out of a job won't impact your application, but you will need at least one year experience working as 2171 to be able to apply for it.

There is no NOC requirement for Ontario, so if you are sent a PT notification of interest, you can apply anyway with your experience in NOC 4011. Ties to Ontario are also not necessary, there are a few members here without ties who have received their nomination from Ontario.

Now that you know that resigning has no impact on your immigration application, I think it is best if you decide for yourself. :)

Ascent

May 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks a million @ bellaluna.

1 more question has pop into my mind. As i will be applying under noc 4011 and later i hope to work in noc 2171, will this have impact on PR ststus / Canadian citizenship??

Thanks a lot in advance.