+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ADVICE

xplen

Jan 28, 2012
Pls I need advice as I am planning to study masters in canada. I am currently searching for admission and would also love to be a citizen of this beautiful country. pls how is this possible as my study might only be for 1year. thks

xplen

Jan 28, 2012
Yea, I wanna study MSc subsea engineering or MSc chemical engineering in canada. I currently hold MSc Oil and Gas Operations management degree. Is it possible to apply to study part-time while i search for job with my first MSc degree?

shebaby

Star Member
Nov 22, 2012
New_Aspirant said:
Hi,

I dont think so that is possible. You can either be a student or skilled worker.

Seniors correct me if am wrong.
You are not wrong. since on the long run you want to be a citizen , apply for a 2 year master program-FULL TIME. you can start working immediately u get to canada(inside ur school) if you work as a RA/TA in your school you can use what you earn to support part of your tuition, but before you leave your country you must convince them you have enough money to pay your tuition.

New_Aspirant

Star Member
Jan 5, 2013
shebaby said:
You are not wrong. since on the long run you want to be a citizen , apply for a 2 year master program-FULL TIME. you can start working immediately u get to canada(inside ur school) if you work as a RA/TA in your school you can use what you earn to support part of your tuition, but before you leave your country you must convince them you have enough money to pay your tuition.
Thank you.

The persons query here is on whether he can work full-time off-campus with his previous masters degree at the same time study another master degree in Canadian university. As per my knowledge this is not possible.

shebaby

Star Member
Nov 22, 2012
New_Aspirant said:
Thank you.

The persons query here is on whether he can work full-time off-campus with his previous masters degree at the same time study another master degree in Canadian university. As per my knowledge this is not possible.
Okay, i get a clearer picture now. why do you want to do another MSc, just put in for a Phd is you want to enter canada as a student or apply for skilled worker, i think its better that way. in my own opinion.

New_Aspirant

Star Member
Jan 5, 2013
shebaby said:
why do you want to do another MSc, just put in for a Phd is you want to enter canada as a student or apply for skilled worker, i think its better that way. in my own opinion.
question to be answered by xplen.

xplen

Jan 28, 2012
Yea, I would love to enter as a student because i feel its easier that way than as a worker. as for the PhD thingy, i would love to sponsor myself part-time not waiting for one to sponsor me. Tnx

am84pm

Oct 25, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
xplen said:
Pls I need advice as I am planning to study masters in canada. I am currently searching for admission and would also love to be a citizen of this beautiful country. pls how is this possible as my study might only be for 1year. thks
List down your grades and all complete qualifications please.

just_do_it

Nov 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
xplen said:
Yea, I would love to enter as a student because i feel its easier that way than as a worker. as for the PhD thingy, i would love to sponsor myself part-time not waiting for one to sponsor me. Tnx
In simple words, there is no easy way/ short cut. You will have to put in the time, effort and money.