+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Advice please!

piglett99

Aug 14, 2019
I am currently on a study permit , my husband has an LMIA (skilled worker B) and will be converting his OWP to Employer Specific (he will be driving to a POE to do this to save the 3 month online wait time).

My question is , because I will be a spouse of a skilled worker can I simply apply for an open work permit using form IMM5710 or do I need to use another form? And will there be any problems considering I am a student wishing to end my studies?

Any advice gratefully received !

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am currently on a study permit , my husband has an LMIA (skilled worker B) and will be converting his OWP to Employer Specific (he will be driving to a POE to do this to save the 3 month online wait time).

My question is , because I will be a spouse of a skilled worker can I simply apply for an open work permit using form IMM5710 or do I need to use another form? And will there be any problems considering I am a student wishing to end my studies?

Where is your husband from? Depending on where he is from flagpoling isn’t an option. Do you mean his employer has an LMIA?

piglett99

Aug 14, 2019
We are British Citizens so we can flagpole, and yes , his employer has received a positive LMIA.

Where is your husband from? Depending on where he is from flagpoling isn’t an option. Do you mean his employer has an LMIA?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/looking-for-help-change-from-study-permit-to-owp.678837/#post-8496855