+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Advice on ECA for MBA from Symbiosis

mnimsarkar

Nov 6, 2019
Hi, I had called SIU. Apparently you can do the entire process online. SIU will send the documents to the email address you request them. This should shorten the time spent I’m guessing.
Only SIU needs to send it through a secure transcript service provider like true copy (mentioned on the ces website under country specific documents). They charge Rs. 500 to process the documents and Rs. 800 for delivery to CES. Processing time after truecopy recieves the transcripts from the university and the payment is 3-4 working days.
Will be trying this myself in the coming week. Hope this works and helps!

Yes this is also one of the options. I chose the traditional way since I was aware of WES process. Let me know how you go with it? People will benefit a lot from this as it'll save weeks and months.

Jul 9, 2020

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
Hi all..
I have done my ECA from IQAS in Nov-2015 from IQAS.. as the validity of 5 years is now nearing to the end date..

Pls guide me how I can get it renewed.. I searched the entire site of IQAS for this, but couldn't find any information about renewal of ECA, unlike WES does.

Or do I have to start the ECA process as fresh application again?

bluemotion

Star Member
Jan 27, 2020
Hi Buddy I am in the same boat, I have done MBA from SCIT, and getting my ECA done from IQAS.
I applied on 14th Nov 2018 and all my documents (Btech , MBA transcripts etc) reached IQAS by 24th Dec 2018. Now my current status says waiting for Transcripts which was updated last on 9th March 2019, before that it was Pending.

By when can i expect my ECA to be completed ? Can you share your timelines?
Hi rachit,

what did IQAS award you for your degree ??
thanks !

Adhiraj Singh

Aug 18, 2020
I am from symbiosis institute of management studies (SIMS) . I did a pgdm and WES awarded me no recognisarion. Now am considering sending it for reconsideration to CES as IQSA is closed till May. Any recommendations. Am losing time
Hi
Even I have done a 1year Pgpm course from Sims which was named as executive MBA when I joined. Wanted to know which agency have you applied to.

Adhiraj Singh

Aug 18, 2020
My wife has done a 2 year MBA from SIMS and she has filled WES for ECA and later stumbled over the fact that WES doesn't consider her MBA as masters. Now that we have paid for it, wanted to know if we use another agency like CES or IQAS that will consider her degree as master's, can we while filling the immigration form add the bachelor's from WES and Master from CES or IQAS. Or shall we cancel our WES and start afresh with the others.

PrernaJoshi

Aug 20, 2020
Hi, I had called SIU. Apparently you can do the entire process online. SIU will send the documents to the email address you request them. This should shorten the time spent I’m guessing.
Only SIU needs to send it through a secure transcript service provider like true copy (mentioned on the ces website under country specific documents). They charge Rs. 500 to process the documents and Rs. 800 for delivery to CES. Processing time after truecopy recieves the transcripts from the university and the payment is 3-4 working days.
Hi Himanshu,

I too was contemplating sending my SIU transcripts using the online option via true copy...but before I do that wanted to check how was your experience?

What was the process you followed? Any specific SIU contact information?

Which ECA agency did you send them to CES/IQAS?

At what stage is your process - Has the agency received it? If yes, how much time did they take for that?

I have already lost out on time because I had applied via WES and did not get a masters equivalency for my MBA. Would really appreciate your response.

Thanks.

Reactions: asad1463

Adhiraj Singh

Aug 18, 2020
Hi Sferr,

Were you able to get SIU to send soft copy transcripts via truecopy?

Because I read somewhere that SIU only sends it via courier.

Histrionics

Nov 22, 2017
India
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-10-2017
Nomination.....
No
AOR Received.
31-03-2018
Med's Done....
21-03-2018
Passport Req..
21-06-2018
I am from symbiosis institute of management studies (SIMS) . I did a pgdm and WES awarded me no recognisarion. Now am considering sending it for reconsideration to CES as IQSA is closed till May. Any recommendations. Am losing time
Hey,

Did you get your SIMS PGDM evaluated elsewhere? Asking for someone I know.

Sep 10, 2020
Hey Himanshu,
Your timing is perfect to post this query of yours. I just got my ECA report from IQAS last week. I just wanted to inform you that applying for WES is a waste of time, effort and money. Which degree are you trying to get assessed? UG or PG?
Hi, thank you for being so helpful. Could you mention the time it took them to evaluate your degree(s)? Did you get a Bachelor’s degree assessed or an MBA? If you got an MBA assessed, which documents did you send and how much did you pay?

mnimsarkar

Nov 6, 2019
My wife has done a 2 year MBA from SIMS and she has filled WES for ECA and later stumbled over the fact that WES doesn't consider her MBA as masters. Now that we have paid for it, wanted to know if we use another agency like CES or IQAS that will consider her degree as master's, can we while filling the immigration form add the bachelor's from WES and Master from CES or IQAS. Or shall we cancel our WES and start afresh with the others.
No you can start a new Evaluation with IQAS / CES. I'll recommend you to go ahead with IQAS since they're being fast during the lockdown. NO need to cancel your WES they won't consider it master's UNLESS YOU provide the evidence ie the FILE NUMBER, once you get ur master's from IQAS/CES just add the FILE Number from IQAS/CES and you're good to go.

Dsotm

Oct 5, 2020
Hi Guys, I am an MBA Graduate from SCMHRD (comes under SIU Pune) , I wanted to confirm if IQAS will recognize my degree as Master's? Any idea of the processing time and the steps involved in doing the same? I really need this information to get my ECA started. Any help in this regard would be highly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

mnimsarkar

Nov 6, 2019
Hi Guys, I am an MBA Graduate from SCMHRD (comes under SIU Pune) , I wanted to confirm if IQAS will recognize my degree as Master's? Any idea of the processing time and the steps involved in doing the same? I really need this information to get my ECA started. Any help in this regard would be highly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
All your questions have been answered, please follow the thread.

kehairnikhil

Oct 18, 2020
Hi, Can you help me with this. I also have a similar query. Can we send this through SIU via email or true copy? Any response will help...?

kehairnikhil

Oct 18, 2020
All your questions have been answered, please follow the thread.
Hi, I have a query on SIU transcript process also. In IQAS we are given options of mailing/e mailing and using digital services like truecopy...which one would work for SCMHRD(SIU). Any leads for the transcript office, a phone no?