+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Advice on ECA for MBA from Symbiosis

Tulica

Aug 14, 2019
Hi, few questions regarding ECA, Pls. clarify:
1. I have done my MBA from SITM which comes under Symbiosis International University(SIU), is this university recognized ?
2. Which organization is should go for ECA ? Who will give me Masters equivalency for my MBA ?

While filling form i can see SIU and SITM both in the drop down, but in equivalency link i don't see any of the them mentioned.

Pls. advice anyone
Hi Vipul, I am also from SITM and my degree was not evaluated to Masters by WES. What did you finally choose? Will CES give Master's equivalency to SITM MBA?

Feb 21, 2019
Hi Vipul, I am also from SITM and my degree was not evaluated to Masters by WES. What did you finally choose? Will CES give Master's equivalency to SITM MBA?
Hi Tulica, I have gone for IQAS and CES. I am awaiting results for both by Aug end. However, I suggest you to go with CES as it takes 3 months as compared to 5-6 months of IQAS

manish41711

Star Member
Jan 11, 2019
I got masters equivalency from IQAS, hence I cancelled CES in between.

But, CES has a trend to generally give master's to MBA credential.
How much time did IQAS take? Is CES faster than IQAS? Which one should I choose? Also what about ICES, though I know ICES drawback is it costs 200$ per qualification.

Also, do I need to send bachelor's degree for evaluation if I get masters for my MBA?

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2019
How much time did IQAS take? Is CES faster than IQAS? Which one should I choose? Also what about ICES, though I know ICES drawback is it costs 200$ per qualification.

Also, do I need to send bachelor's degree for evaluation if I get masters for my MBA?
CES is 3 months
IQAS is 5.5 months

Send only masters for evaluation. No need of BTech

Reactions: manish41711

Vijaysai86

Nov 22, 2019
Hi. . I am from SSBF, SIU.. Did you send only masters or bachelors as well? What did CES award?

karunasud

Jun 3, 2019
I am from symbiosis institute of management studies (SIMS) . I did a pgdm and WES awarded me no recognisarion. Now am considering sending it for reconsideration to CES as IQSA is closed till May. Any recommendations. Am losing time

mnimsarkar

Nov 6, 2019
Hi Buddy I am in the same boat, I have done MBA from SCIT, and getting my ECA done from IQAS.
I applied on 14th Nov 2018 and all my documents (Btech , MBA transcripts etc) reached IQAS by 24th Dec 2018. Now my current status says waiting for Transcripts which was updated last on 9th March 2019, before that it was Pending.

By when can i expect my ECA to be completed ? Can you share your timelines?
Have you received your SCIT evaluation report? Can you share your timeline and the degree equivalence?

alok244

Jun 7, 2020
You can send only Masters...

It completely depends on Ur university and ur degree type. Mostly MBA degree gets master's from CES.
Hi Vipul, Thanks for responding to so many queries. Here is one more from me.
Any idea if IQAS is recognizing PGDTM (not MBA degree) from SITM ( Autonomous course, not part of SIU). Someone who passed as early as 2006 when SIU was not formed. Your degree was MBA or PGDTM? was it from SITM or SIU? Appreciate your response.

Jul 9, 2020
Hi everyone, I'm looking to start the ECA process and was contemplating on whether to go for WES or IQAS or both? Any suggestions :)

- Himanshu
MBA(2017), SCMHRD