+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Advice needed regarding medicals (valid medicals, but requested new ones)

Bruzi

Oct 11, 2019
Hey all! I'm in need of advice on how to proceed.

My husband and I, we are outland applicants:
AOR - March 20
Biometrics requested - May 2
Biometrics done - few days after, can't remember exactly

So it's past 6 months and our applications never passed medicals but we never worried too much because we are sure they are uploaded correctly and also we've had our work visas for one year processed (IEC program) just a month before our AOR using some of the same documents (medicals, criminality...). Also, we are perfectly healthy.

Now, this morning we woke up to a message asking us to do medical exams for our PR. Our current ones should be fine for them as they are still valid (done January 3rd this year). Status changed to 'We have requested a medical exam. Check your messages below for details.'

Does anybody know how to proceed? What to expect? Has anybody had similar thing happen to them?

warpeduniverse

Apr 28, 2019
Hey all! I'm in need of advice on how to proceed.

My husband and I, we are outland applicants:
AOR - March 20
Biometrics requested - May 2
Biometrics done - few days after, can't remember exactly

So it's past 6 months and our applications never passed medicals but we never worried too much because we are sure they are uploaded correctly and also we've had our work visas for one year processed (IEC program) just a month before our AOR using some of the same documents (medicals, criminality...). Also, we are perfectly healthy.

Now, this morning we woke up to a message asking us to do medical exams for our PR. Our current ones should be fine for them as they are still valid (done January 3rd this year). Status changed to 'We have requested a medical exam. Check your messages below for details.'

So there are a few questions:
1. When inspecting our medicals we've noticed that 'date of issue' written on both is 3rd of January 2017? It was definitely done this year. A mistake in medical practice is possible but then how come these medicals have been processed for our working visas just fine? Does anybody know anything about how it works?
2. If we do new exams, where do we upload them? I have checked our application thoroughly, went through all of the submitted documents and there's no space to upload the new ones where it would suppose be regarding the info that I've found in this forum (in application it says that medical exam is already provided).

Thank you all for reading and good luck with your pr's!
The medical exam is directly uploaded by the medical centre on IRCC website, which is why one doesn't see a placeholder. At the same time, you can send the submit the medical exam receipt via web form if you want to be sure.

The date mistake is obviously a problem. Medicals are valid for a year in case of express entry. No idea about work visas.