+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Advice Needed eMedicals not received by CIC Email from CIC less than encouraging

snofairy

Feb 2, 2015
Hello!

I’m wondering if anyone can help me? We received an email from CIC on March 23rd stating they had not yet received our medical examination which the Physician submitted on Nov 28th for my partner and December 4th for myself. In the email from CIC, they stated

“If you have already passed your medical examination, please respond to this email with the date the examination took place, the name of the Designated Medical Practitioner and any tracking number that can help us locate your medical results. The above information/documents must be received in our office within 30 days from the date of this letter.
This is a final reminder for you to comply with our request. If we do not hear back from you within the prescribed deadline, an officer will review your case and make a decision based on the information available. As a result, your application may be refused.”

We emailed them immediately on the 23rd with the requested information and received the generic response from CIC. As a week had passed and I hadn’t heard from them, I emailed them again today, again attaching all the information I had provided last week, including the eMedical submission form provided by the Physician. They responded with this:

“Please be advised that your medical results have not been associated to your application. Your file is currently in queue pending final officer review.”
I have just emailed them again asking for clarification that they are looking into the location of the eMedicals as the response sounds like they have already forwarded our application onto a Visa Officer for a final decision, even though they gave us 30 days from the 23rd to provide the information.

I really don’t know what to do, should we try and book in again for medicals? It just seems so unfair, we have followed all requests by CIC and now that they are unable to locate our medicals, we potentially could be refused.
Thank you for any help you can give!

scoot

Star Member
Feb 2, 2015
Contact the doctor who done the medicals and ask him to submit the medicals again,also have him double check the details on the medical papers!

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
snofairy said:
Hello!

I'm wondering if anyone can help me? We received an email from CIC on March 23rd stating they had not yet received our medical examination which the Physician submitted on Nov 28th for my partner and December 4th for myself. In the email from CIC, they stated

“If you have already passed your medical examination, please respond to this email with the date the examination took place, the name of the Designated Medical Practitioner and any tracking number that can help us locate your medical results. The above information/documents must be received in our office within 30 days from the date of this letter.
This is a final reminder for you to comply with our request. If we do not hear back from you within the prescribed deadline, an officer will review your case and make a decision based on the information available. As a result, your application may be refused.”

We emailed them immediately on the 23rd with the requested information and received the generic response from CIC. As a week had passed and I hadn't heard from them, I emailed them again today, again attaching all the information I had provided last week, including the eMedical submission form provided by the Physician. They responded with this:

“Please be advised that your medical results have not been associated to your application. Your file is currently in queue pending final officer review.”
I have just emailed them again asking for clarification that they are looking into the location of the eMedicals as the response sounds like they have already forwarded our application onto a Visa Officer for a final decision, even though they gave us 30 days from the 23rd to provide the information.

I really don't know what to do, should we try and book in again for medicals? It just seems so unfair, we have followed all requests by CIC and now that they are unable to locate our medicals, we potentially could be refused.
Thank you for any help you can give!
Call CIC to get a clear answer regarding your medical status - then you can decide whether to re-do your medicals or contact your doctors

cecpet

Oct 14, 2014
Call CIC and ask him what they are actually looking for. Also Call asap to your Dr. ask him if he did not yet submitted your medicals or may be CIC contacted him to re-do your medicals. Sometimes I saw CIC ask Dr.'s to re do the medicals instead of asking from the applicant.

snofairy

Feb 2, 2015
Thank you all for your replies. I have already spoken with the Doctors who have said they are unable to re-submit eMedicals which doesn't make any sense to me. I will contact them again and explain the response from CIC, maybe they will change their mind?

Does anyone have a contact number for CIC, they don't supply one on their emails.

Thanks again for replying, I really appreciate your help.

astasi

Champion Member
Jun 12, 2010
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-07-2014
AOR Received.
19-09-2014
Med's Request
23-03-2015
Med's Done....
30-07-2014
Passport Req..
16-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
26-06-2015
LANDED..........
22-07-2015
Hi,

You can call CIC at 1888-242-2100.

find_anand

Apr 27, 2013
snofairy said:
Thank you all for your replies. I have already spoken with the Doctors who have said they are unable to re-submit eMedicals which doesn't make any sense to me. I will contact them again and explain the response from CIC, maybe they will change their mind?

Does anyone have a contact number for CIC, they don't supply one on their emails.

Thanks again for replying, I really appreciate your help.
I really doubt your dr . will help you as your Dr. is not correct by saying "they are unable to re-submit eMedicals"

snofairy

Feb 2, 2015
find_anand said:
I really doubt your dr . will help you as your Dr. is not correct by saying "they are unable to re-submit eMedicals"
Thanks for your feedback. Can I ask, have you been in a similar situation or how is it you know the doctor is incorrect? I just want to have as much information as possible when I contact them again tomorrow, I also find it unbelievable that they are unable to re-submit!

Thanks again!

poiuy

Nov 17, 2014
Hello,

Can someone please tell me what kind of exams are these(i.e. blood, x-rays, etc)? They can usually be done the same day and how much they cost?

Thanks!!!

snofairy

Feb 2, 2015
poiuy said:
Hello,

Can someone please tell me what kind of exams are these(i.e. blood, x-rays, etc)? They can usually be done the same day and how much they cost?

Thanks!!!
Hi :)

It's a medical, blood and urine and x-ray. It varies in cost dependent on which Province you get them done. Some of my friends were able to schedule them on the same day but it's dependent on availability. There's lots of posts on the forum with more in depth information. Maybe search where you live with Medicals to see if anyone has discussed it before?

poiuy

Nov 17, 2014
snofairy said:
Hi :)

It's a medical, blood and urine and x-ray. It varies in cost dependent on which Province you get them done. Some of my friends were able to schedule them on the same day but it's dependent on availability. There's lots of posts on the forum with more in depth information. Maybe search where you live with Medicals to see if anyone has discussed it before?

Thank you! I will definitely search!

snofairy

Feb 2, 2015
Hey,

Just wanted to provide an update for people who may find themselves in a similar situation. As advised by astasi, cecpet, scoot and Johnny31 below (thank you for your help!) I called CIC last Tuesday who confirmed that they had associated our medicals with our application and not to resubmit new medicals. The call centre agent couldn't provide us with a reason as to why we had received the second email response but told us not to worry as we they had our eMedicals.

I had also contacted the Doctor's surgery and explained the situation and how concerned I was. The Doctor's surgery was very helpful and contacted the Regional Medical Office directly. They received a response within two hours from the RMO who confirmed they had received our medicals and a final review was taking place.

Today, our ECAS has been updated 'Medicals have been received'.

Thank you to everyone who provided a response, I really appreciated your help!