+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Advice for "engineers" applying to Professional Engineers Ontario for P.Eng.

Szak3213

Feb 3, 2019
Thank you for your reply, my friend.

But will they accept Engineering experience gained in another province.
Because I have still two years to be EIT so I could get my P. Eng.

Thank you in advance
sure they would. You need canadian expereince earned any where in canada.
take chill pill and say good bye to nova scotia. therez nothing in nova scotia

traveler982

Star Member
Aug 25, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sure they would. You need canadian expereince earned any where in canada.
take chill pill and say good bye to nova scotia. therez nothing in nova scotia

Oh thank you so much for your help and your support.
You are right, there is Canadian experience required, not specifically from that particular province.

Have a nice day

londonsate

Jan 16, 2020
Hi everyone.

I am Electrical Engineer (Power sector) in Mississauga Ontario, Canada. PEO assign me ERC interview. So, I am looking for someone with same scenario for interview preparation purpose. If someone already thru this interview procedure I will be looking for their help also.

Thanks.
Email me your contact details at: engineer.riaz@hotmail.com
Hi Riaz, Could you share your ERC experience? I apply with electrical engineering, very similar to yours, did they ask questions all about 2 your project samples? I means basic university questions from your projects, or any subject they want. thank you

riaz137

Star Member
Apr 17, 2017
Saudi Arabia
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
30-12-2017
Med's Done....
20-01-2018
Passport Req..
26-06-2018
Hi Riaz, Could you share your ERC experience? I apply with electrical engineering, very similar to yours, did they ask questions all about 2 your project samples? I means basic university questions from your projects, or any subject they want. thank you
The interview will be more related to your professional experience. They will try to ask some basic theoretical questions related to your experience.

For example: Transformers ( Taps, Equivalent circuit, Transformer efficiency, losses, protections available), How you performed the protection co-ordination study, how you calculate protection parameters. They will ask to draw the single line diagram of the substation you worked in. Then they will questions about that single line diagram. They will discuss Electrical substation equipment if your background is from electrical substation testing as of mine. Just prepare yourself strongly in basics. Specially transformers.

Best of Luck.

londonsate

Jan 16, 2020
The interview will be more related to your professional experience. They will try to ask some basic theoretical questions related to your experience.

For example: Transformers ( Taps, Equivalent circuit, Transformer efficiency, losses, protections available), How you performed the protection co-ordination study, how you calculate protection parameters. They will ask to draw the single line diagram of the substation you worked in. Then they will questions about that single line diagram. They will discuss Electrical substation equipment if your background is from electrical substation testing as of mine. Just prepare yourself strongly in basics. Specially transformers.

Best of Luck.

Wow! Thank you so much, man! Unfortunately, my area is more computer network side, hope they won't ask me about transformer, I already returned to my Prof! Thank you again, will update my result.

TinaA

Oct 11, 2016
hi everyone, Peng has assessed my degree and has informed me through a letter that I need to take 5 basic exams as well as specific engineering exams, in total there are 16 exams! has anyone before take Peng exams? are they hard? any place that I can register to get prepared for Peng exams?

londonsate

Jan 16, 2020
Wow! Thank you so much, man! Unfortunately, my area is more computer network side, hope they won't ask me about transformer, I already returned to my Prof! Thank you again, will update my result.
Did my interview today, only 30 min, and not too many questions, very easy, maybe they already made mind?

pkhare23

Sep 25, 2019
Hi Guys;

Need some help deciding whether I should go for PEO or opt for some other Licensing board.
My background is as follows:

Bachelor of Engineering (Civil Engineering) from India
Master of Science (Civil Engineering with a concentration in structural Engg) from US
3 years of US work experience.

Do you guys think it will be too much hassle if I go for PEO ?? If I'm not wrong I probably would need to register as EIT then get 1 year of Canadian Work Ex. before I can qualify for P.eng. So my question is how bad is PEO if I have give my EIT or should I opt for other licensing boards. I have some time so that I can start the process before I Land in Canada and save some time and money.

Thanks for all the help in advance.

jaydoshi3292

Aug 2, 2018
Hello,

I have bachelor's in Mechanical from India and Master's in Mechanical from US. I have 3 years of relevant work exp in US and one year in Canada. Did everyone with more or less similar profile got CEP assigned?

kavyakgnt

Jan 27, 2019
Hello,

I have a Bachelors degree in Civil Engineering from India and a Masters degree from the US and both are ABET accredited. I have 3 years of full time work experience in the US. I was wondering if having an EIT is mandatory before applying for P.Eng and if it is not, how helpful is it to get an EIT before applying for P.Eng (after I get a year's experience in Canada). Appreciate any help. Thanks.

UPPI

Nov 11, 2013
Hi All,

Any substantial proof out there that indicates obtaining P. Eng is easier in some provinces than others?
Specifically for Mechanical Engineers. I have a bachelor's degree in Mechancial Engineering from India.

I would really appreciate insights on this.

Thanks for all the help in advance!

Ru M1981

Jun 28, 2017
Hi Wanderfall,

I received the ARC decision letters and i am Glad that i have made it thru !

Now i am preparing for the PPE exam !

if you need any help or assistance, do let me know..Things are much different as compared to what i have read over the internet....

Hello Usmanjamil,

How was PPE exam? Hope you are already a P.Eng now.
Can you confirm the following plz?
1. Are you an internationally trained engineer? And how many years of experience you have?
2. Did you work for 1 year in Canada before giving the PPE exam?

arj1partha

Mar 17, 2015
Canada
Category........
PNP
App. Filed.......
05-09-2017
AOR Received.
13-10-2017
Med's Request
22-03-2018
Med's Done....
10-04-2018
Hi Folks,
I applied for the P.eng in Ontario this week at PEO, yesterday I got an email from them asking me to choose the department that they should start the assessment for as I have Control & Systems Engineer, my degree not from Cabada, obviously I will choose electrical engineering....
Any one could guide me about the interview? I have 8 years of ecperance.. do you think I have a chance to pass the interview without asking me to do some exames?
What are the factors of the interviews? academic or experience?

If I went to the interview and then asked to do exams, can I at that point stop and apply for APEGA? or it's better to stop at the current stage? I prefer to go forward with the interview as I already paid the fees and see my chances but can you guys advise?

Your feedback is highly appreciated!
Did you end up getting the Lisence? If yes, How was the process? I'm in the same boat as you now.. Any kind of help is appreciated..