+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Advice for "engineers" applying to Professional Engineers Ontario for P.Eng.

yusufali85

Dec 2, 2018
I have completed BAS- Mechanical Engineering from Canada. I have already arranged for my University to send my official transcript to PEO. Now I have to mail my application to PEO. I do not have 12 months of Canadian experience yet.

Can I mail my application to PEO without the experience record at this time?

I read somewhere that once my education credentials are approved, I will be assigned a PPE by PEO. Can I go about submitting my experience record after I pass the PPE exam and gain the 12 months of mandatory Canadian experience.

MumbaiDon

Sep 27, 2019
Toronto
I am an electrical engineer from Mumbai.
Kindly need assistance in filling the experience record required.
Please whatsup me on 91 9892959501

riaz137

Star Member
Apr 17, 2017
Saudi Arabia
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
30-12-2017
Med's Done....
20-01-2018
Passport Req..
26-06-2018
Hi everyone.

I am Electrical Engineer (Power sector) in Mississauga Ontario, Canada. PEO assign me ERC interview. So, I am looking for someone with same scenario for interview preparation purpose. If someone already thru this interview procedure I will be looking for their help also.

Thanks.
Email me your contact details at: engineer.riaz@hotmail.com

khanemc2

Jun 16, 2018
Hi Everyone,

I am about to register as Electrical EIT with PEO.

My background:
Education:
Master of Management Sciences (Faculty of Engineering), University of Waterloo, Canada
Bachelor in Electrical Engineering, India (accredited by Washington Accord)

Work Exp: 4 yr of experience as Electrical Engineer in India.

My Questions are:
1. Will EIT status be helpful to get EIT roles jobs ?
2. Do I need to provide referee details, since my work experience is from India?
3. Do I have to write exam for EIT status, even though my bachelor is accredited by Washington Accord?

Thank you!

riaz137

Star Member
Apr 17, 2017
Saudi Arabia
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
30-12-2017
Med's Done....
20-01-2018
Passport Req..
26-06-2018
Hi Everyone,

I am about to register as Electrical EIT with PEO.

My background:
Education:
Master of Management Sciences (Faculty of Engineering), University of Waterloo, Canada
Bachelor in Electrical Engineering, India (accredited by Washington Accord)

Work Exp: 4 yr of experience as Electrical Engineer in India.

My Questions are:
1. Will EIT status be helpful to get EIT roles jobs ?
2. Do I need to provide referee details, since my work experience is from India?
3. Do I have to write exam for EIT status, even though my bachelor is accredited by Washington Accord?

Thank you!

1) For EIT title jobs, it will be helpful , otherwise there are a lot of companies in which there's no need for P.Eng for engineer job.
2) If you want to go through ERC( Experience Requirement committee) interview path to exempt your confirmatory exams, then yes.
3) There's no need to write exams for EIT status. Once you submit your complete application, PEO with go through your educational background to make sure your education is comparable with Canadian Standard. On this basis they will assign you confirmatory exam. At this point you will be asked to submit EIT fee, after Fee submission you will get your EIT status.

Hope answer all of your questions.

Thanks

hriaz361

Apr 21, 2019
hi dear members,
I'm looking to apply for 'P. Eng.' I'm mechanical engineer and got PR based on AINP last week.
Im planning to do soft landing in Jan or Feb, so still I'm outside Canada.

I wanna know
a) if I can apply for P. Eng from outside Canada and what is the procedure to do so?
- bcz APEGA website asked me if I have Canadian ID or PR. I have COPR but no PR card bcz I didn't do soft landing yet.
b) With bachelors degree in Mech Engg and 6 years of international experience (not Canadian), will I have to write Exam or No?

Many Thanks

yusufali85

Dec 2, 2018
hi dear members,
I'm looking to apply for 'P. Eng.' I'm mechanical engineer and got PR based on AINP last week.

I wanna know
a) if I can apply for P. Eng from outside Canada and what is the procedure to do so?
- bcz APEGA website asked me if I have Canadian ID or PR. I have COPR but no PR card bcz I didn't do soft landing yet.
b) With bachelors degree in Mech Engg and 6 years of international experience (not Canadian), will I have to write Exam or No?

Many Thanks
I am no expert, but i am doing my P.Eng process from PEO.

I believe your first step is to send your sealed transcript (directly from your university registrar) along with COPR. I think it should be ok. Don't think you need your PR card. If you have an international degree, your association will evaluate all the courses and if they are satisfied, they will not give you any technical exams, if they are not satisfied, they will assign you some technical exams. After clearing the technical exams, you will be given a date to write your PPE.

Check your associations website, usually they have all info.

saqib528

Jan 18, 2018
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
1) For EIT title jobs, it will be helpful , otherwise there are a lot of companies in which there's no need for P.Eng for engineer job.
2) If you want to go through ERC( Experience Requirement committee) interview path to exempt your confirmatory exams, then yes.
3) There's no need to write exams for EIT status. Once you submit your complete application, PEO with go through your educational background to make sure your education is comparable with Canadian Standard. On this basis they will assign you confirmatory exam. At this point you will be asked to submit EIT fee, after Fee submission you will get your EIT status.

Hope answer all of your questions.

Thanks

Hi,
Can you please confirm if I can get a job from outside Canada without the license? or is a license required for a regulated job? I heard that you can get a job without a license if the employer has engineers with license to monitor you. I am thinking of trying to get a job from out of Canada in order to improve my PR chances and CRS.

I have a mechanical engineering degree from Pakistan, 10+ years of exp from Turkey, UAE and Bahrain.

or if the license process is do-able from outside Canada then I would apreciate the advise as well

regards

saqib528

Jan 18, 2018
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
hi dear members,

I wanna know

Many Thanks

would you please share your story of getting PNP from alberta? and crs score before and after the PNP. I am also a mechanical engineer from pakistan and am trying to get PNP. if I manage to reach 400 crs, will I be able to get a pnp from alberta? or a job offer is required? how can I get a job without a license as mechanical engineering is regulated.

Please advise.

riaz137

Star Member
Apr 17, 2017
Saudi Arabia
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
30-12-2017
Med's Done....
20-01-2018
Passport Req..
26-06-2018
Hi,
Can you please confirm if I can get a job from outside Canada without the license? or is a license required for a regulated job? I heard that you can get a job without a license if the employer has engineers with license to monitor you. I am thinking of trying to get a job from out of Canada in order to improve my PR chances and CRS.

I have a mechanical engineering degree from Pakistan, 10+ years of exp from Turkey, UAE and Bahrain.

or if the license process is do-able from outside Canada then I would apreciate the advise as well

regards
Hi,
Getting a job offer if you reside outside of Canada is very difficult but not impossible. But employers here, prefer permanent residents over non-residents. For engineering license, you must be available physically in Canada to complete the licensure procedure. There are a lots of engineering jobs which do not require a license because they got licensed people already to monitor. So back to your questions, you should not apply for license until you got your Canadian residency status. You can apply for engineering jobs, not all jobs require license. If you got a job offer being out of Canada, you must complete Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA). Search it on google.

Reactions: saqib528

riaz137

Star Member
Apr 17, 2017
Saudi Arabia
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
30-12-2017
Med's Done....
20-01-2018
Passport Req..
26-06-2018
Hi guys... I had my ERC interview on 5th December. They told me the decision will be posted to my address after 4 weeks.
But today, when I logged into my PEO member's portal I saw below message when click on exam registration tab. Previously, it always redirect to OSPE membership payment page.

Exam fees paid will not be returned; i.e. no refund, credit or transfer to the next sitting.

Assigned Exams:

Click on an assigned exam to see prerequisites and open sittings:

But no exams are there....

Anyone with same situation.

traveler982

Star Member
Aug 25, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi my dear friends

I have one question. I have been granted EIT by the Nova Scotia Engineering, after passing FE exam, and now I got a job offer in Ontario.
What will happen with my EIT status, should I reapply in PEO, and will they give me another exams to take?

If anyone could please tell me I don’t know if I should take the job, if that means going again with the education and professional assessment again.

Thanks in advance

Szak3213

Feb 3, 2019
Hi my dear friends

I have one question. I have been granted EIT by the Nova Scotia Engineering, after passing FE exam, and now I got a job offer in Ontario.
What will happen with my EIT status, should I reapply in PEO, and will they give me another exams to take?

If anyone could please tell me I don’t know if I should take the job, if that means going again with the education and professional assessment again.

Thanks in advance
Hi,
Take the job. No need to apply with PEO. Finish the process with Engineers Nova Scotia and when you receive p.Eng then tranfer it to PEO.
Regards,
SZak

traveler982

Star Member
Aug 25, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
Take the job. No need to apply with PEO. Finish the process with Engineers Nova Scotia and when you receive p.Eng then tranfer it to PEO.
Regards,
SZak

Thank you for your reply, my friend.

But will they accept Engineering experience gained in another province.
Because I have still two years to be EIT so I could get my P. Eng.

Thank you in advance