+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Advice for "engineers" applying to Professional Engineers Ontario for P.Eng.

Sibasis

Jan 16, 2019
Hi Folks,
I've assigned electrical conformity exams and Im leaning towards Systems and Control (16-Elec-A2) this December. Any advise/ suggestion?
Could not find someone wrote this one yet...
Does anyone have good study materials or previous exams solutions?
Thank you.
can you please tell me whether the exams are optional means chosen by you or it is provided by the peo, specific 4 exams to write

fahadazh

Star Member
Aug 29, 2016
Hello Group,

I am an Instrument and Control Engineer, I am preparing for ERC interview, if there is some one from Instrumentation and Control who is in the same boat as myself? Lets connect ?

or if any one has already appeared for interview, please let me know I need some further insights. Thanks in advance

Fingineer

Feb 28, 2022
Hi Everyone,

I have a B.Tech Chemical Engineering (from India), and more than 8 years of experience. The experience that I have is not necessarily as a process engineer, but more as a fire protection engineer, so basically more on fire water system and their design.

I have been scheduled for an ERC interview with PEO to decide my degree equivalent. The panel invited seems to be from the chemical engineering department. I would like to understand other P.Eng candidates who had given the ERC interview.

Did PEO ask questions specific to the projects in the presentation? Did they ask any other basic engineering questions? If so, what kind of questions were asked the latter and the former?

I am trying to gauge how much of fundamentals do I need to brush up on, so a detailed response would greatly help me.

Thank you so much for in advance.

`

Mrnassaro

Sep 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Everyone,

I am an electrical engineer and was assigned a technical exam or to appear for an ERC. So far, most of the responses on ERC are not encouraging, especially most of my work was as a project/site engineer where I did not do much of the design myself but worked on amending some of the drawings on-site, it was mostly project management/procurement and value engineering. Do you recommend taking the exams in lieu of the interview? I can ace the exams - at least from looking at previous exams for circuits and signal processing.

fahadazh

Star Member
Aug 29, 2016
anyone here who is appearing for PEO exams related to mechatronics engineering? 16-Mex-A1
16-Mex-A2, 16-Mex-A3, or 16-Mex-A7

Said1010

Star Member
Jan 23, 2020
Hi Everyone,

I am an electrical engineer and was assigned a technical exam or to appear for an ERC. So far, most of the responses on ERC are not encouraging, especially most of my work was as a project/site engineer where I did not do much of the design myself but worked on amending some of the drawings on-site, it was mostly project management/procurement and value engineering. Do you recommend taking the exams in lieu of the interview? I can ace the exams - at least from looking at previous exams for circuits and signal processing.
Can i have ur feedback on what u did
Since i also want to apply

jaydoshi3292

Aug 2, 2018
Hi Everyone,

Doesn't hurt to go for ERC but if you want to speed things up, start preparing for the exams. I think your real challenge will be how you draft your experience forms since you don't have too much design experience.

harshjoshi27

Mar 13, 2022
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
02-09-2020
AOR Received.
16-11-2020
Med's Request
11-03-2022
Med's Done....
02-04-2022
Passport Req..
17-05-2022
VISA ISSUED...
16-05-2022
LANDED..........
04-10-2022
Hi Guys;

Need some help deciding whether I should go for PEO or opt for some other Licensing board.
My background is as follows:

Bachelor of Engineering (Civil Engineering) from India
Master of Science (Civil Engineering with a concentration in structural Engg) from US
3 years of US work experience.

Do you guys think it will be too much hassle if I go for PEO ?? If I'm not wrong I probably would need to register as EIT then get 1 year of Canadian Work Ex. before I can qualify for P.eng. So my question is how bad is PEO if I have give my EIT or should I opt for other licensing boards. I have some time so that I can start the process before I Land in Canada and save some time and money.

Thanks for all the help in advance.
Hi pkhare23,

Even I have a somewhat similar situation;

1) Bachelor of Engineering in Civil Engineering from a Non-CEAB University in India,
2) Master of Technology in Structural Engineering from a Non-CEAB University in India,
3) 5+ years of relevant work experience.

Which regulatory body shall I consider for the licensing process? PEO / APEGA / EGBC?

Please guide.

Thanks & Regards,
Harsh Joshi

harshjoshi27

Mar 13, 2022
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
02-09-2020
AOR Received.
16-11-2020
Med's Request
11-03-2022
Med's Done....
02-04-2022
Passport Req..
17-05-2022
VISA ISSUED...
16-05-2022
LANDED..........
04-10-2022
Hi it was great i cleared it with peo. Actully I got my PEng in may. I am at india till July end. Pl send pm.
Hi,

Following is my Background;

1) Bachelor of Engineering in Civil Engineering from India (Non-CEAB University),
2) Master of Technology in Structural Engineering from India (Non-CEAB University),
3) 5+ Years of professional experience in the field of Structural Engineering in India

The question is in which province shall I start my P.Eng. process?

What I read online from different Forums is that there are high chances PEO can assign CEP exams which will be a time-consuming process. While APEGA will at least designate EIT status based on the course by course ECA report from WES so that at least I can look for Jobs based on EIT.

Can you please advise me, on what shall I do in this case? Which province shall I apply to and why?

Thanks in Advance!

-Harsh Joshi

Varunaimar

Jan 25, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-03-2018
AOR Received.
20-05-2018
IELTS Request
29-12-2017
Med's Done....
08-05-2018
Passport Req..
20-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2018
LANDED..........
26-04-2019
Keep in mind that EIT is not transferable amongst the provinces. I would get EIT from the province I was settled in or where most of my opportunities are cropping up and take it from there.

Hi,

1) Bachelor of Engineering in Civil Engineering from India (Non-CEAB University),
2) Master of Technology in Structural Engineering from India (Non-CEAB University),
3) 5+ Years of professional experience in the field of Structural Engineering in India

What I read online from different Forums is that there are high chances PEO can assign CEP exams which will be a time-consuming process. While APEGA will at least designate EIT status based on the course by course ECA report from WES so that at least I can look for Jobs based on EIT.

Can you please advise me, on what shall I do in this case? Which province shall I apply to and why?

Thanks in Advance!

-Harsh Joshi

Reactions: harshjoshi27

JamesRodriguez

Mar 8, 2019
Category........
FSW
Passport Req..
January 2020
VISA ISSUED...
January 2020
LANDED..........
February 2020
I have prepared from past questions & solutions -topic wise for Mechanical Engineering (2013-2020 and 2022 )

Subjects I chose MEC A7 and MEC B1

Just followed the notes I prepared for each subject

ping me for details

Henri L

Dec 20, 2022
Hi all, I graduated from Seneca College Civil Engineering Technology 3 yrs Diploma program two years ago and now looking to register at Professional Engineer of Ontario for the E.I.T ..........in order to do that, I have to provide the course outline for all courses I have taken and passed and they will assess how many technical exams I have to write to achieve the Academic requirement to become the E.I.T then working towards my P.Eng. I am wondering if anyone here have even gone through this process? Any sharing, input or tips would be greatly appreciated.

For those who is going to write their technical exams wish you all good luck.

Thanks very much

Ed Doetzel

Star Member
Nov 9, 2022
Calgary
Hi all, I graduated from Seneca College Civil Engineering Technology 3 yrs Diploma program two years ago and now looking to register at Professional Engineer of Ontario for the E.I.T ..........in order to do that, I have to provide the course outline for all courses I have taken and passed and they will assess how many technical exams I have to write to achieve the Academic requirement to become the E.I.T then working towards my P.Eng. I am wondering if anyone here have even gone through this process? Any sharing, input or tips would be greatly appreciated.

For those who is going to write their technical exams wish you all good luck.

Thanks very much
First, make sure if you want to do it through PEO you need to apply soon. They are going to stop accepting applicants with diplomas on July 23rd but so long as you apply before then you should be fine.

Second, PEO may or may not be the best place for you to apply. Here is an article I put together comparing the entrance requirements by regulator:

https://techexam.ca/?p=7466

Third, yes I too graduated with a three-year diploma. Mine was in Aero Engineering Technology from SAIT. Many of our graduates completed the technical examinations including myself. My experience with APEGA was that they claimed a course by course assessment was done but then when I spoke with them I found out all three year degree or diploma engineering graduates were given 19 exams regardless. So imagine if you were a three year degree holder from Europe and you got 19 exams...ouch.

Fourth, my advice would be to get your application in, accept the assessment, and get to work. I wasted time feeling bitter about the excessive assessment and only completed three exams in the first five years. Then I buckled down and wrote 10 technical exams and the FE exam in thirteen months. The effort will be worth it. Get that Iron Ring.

Fifth, if you are looking for help - come to CyberEd. We have tutors and past exam solutions. You can reach out to me anytime by chat from our website:

https://techexam.ca/

Ed Doetzel

Star Member
Nov 9, 2022
Calgary
Hi,

Thanks in Advance!

-Harsh Joshi
This is of course a very tough question to answer as there are many factors.

First, no matter where you apply in Canada, you will need one year of engineering experience in Canada before you will qualify as a Professional Engineer.

Second, it is very easy to apply and qualify in one province and then transfer to the province where you work (~2 weeks). This is true for all provinces.

I would say there is good news in that it has never been faster or easier to qualify as an immigrant engineer than it is now.

If you apply through APEGA, your school will get a fair assessment. It is likely that you will be assigned fewer than five technical exams by APEGA. APEGA will allow you to write the FE exam instead of up to five technical exams. The FE Exam is an easy exam.

Here are a couple articles that will be of use to you:

How to Choose Province to Apply

What You Should Know About the FE Exam

More on my website:

Reactions: harshjoshi27

harshjoshi27

Mar 13, 2022
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
02-09-2020
AOR Received.
16-11-2020
Med's Request
11-03-2022
Med's Done....
02-04-2022
Passport Req..
17-05-2022
VISA ISSUED...
16-05-2022
LANDED..........
04-10-2022
This is of course a very tough question to answer as there are many factors.

First, no matter where you apply in Canada, you will need one year of engineering experience in Canada before you will qualify as a Professional Engineer.

Second, it is very easy to apply and qualify in one province and then transfer to the province where you work (~2 weeks). This is true for all provinces.

I would say there is good news in that it has never been faster or easier to qualify as an immigrant engineer than it is now.

If you apply through APEGA, your school will get a fair assessment. It is likely that you will be assigned fewer than five technical exams by APEGA. APEGA will allow you to write the FE exam instead of up to five technical exams. The FE Exam is an easy exam.

Here are a couple articles that will be of use to you:

How to Choose Province to Apply

What You Should Know About the FE Exam

More on my website:

Thanks, I got EIT from APEGA as of now. Now I'll apply for P.Eng. once I get a Job in Canada, as I'd still need 12 months of work experience in Canada.