+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Advice for "engineers" applying to Professional Engineers Ontario for P.Eng.

jez.s009

Oct 22, 2015
Chances are APEGS will assign you same exam or equivalent what APEGA assigned you.

hi there,

quick question regarding PEng application...
i applied at Alberta APEGA as a professional member, they assign me the FE and NPPE exam...can i apply to Saskatchewan APEGS too?

will they look at APEGA and say the same thing? anybody did that before? i don't want to loose 200 dollars just to find out the same thing..that i have to pass 2 exams.

thanks

f_zub

Aug 14, 2014
You need to demonstrate that your qualifications and experience meet or exceed the requirements. This needs to be done for any province where you apply for a P.Eng - the EIT requirement is the same.

Given that you have 3 years of North American experience, but your degree is from India, you can definitely clear the EIT in the US and then transfer to Canada - I did the same, although my education was from the US. APEGA reviewed my transcripts, checked with my references and also confirmed my EIT status in Connecticut (where I had written the exam). I still had to write the ethics exam, which cannot be exempted, but it's not a technical exam - more towards rules, regulations and legislation.

The exam format would probably be the same - unless things have changed a lot in the US, the EIT exam was an 8-hour commitment with a 4-hour general and a 4-hour subject specific exam. It's not easy, that's for sure!

I also got an exemption for the 1-year experience in North America part because I had worked in the US as well. I would think, based on personal experience, that you can expect a similar response.

Hello Dear,
I'm somewhat in the same situation,i applied for PEO registration on Financial Credit program.They ended up evaluating my degree from UK(Bachelors & Masters).And told me to write 5 Papers.
Group A
- System Analysis and Control
- Design and Manufacture of Machine Elements
Group B
- Advanced Fluid Mechanics
- Engineering Materials
&
Complementary Studies(any 01)
- Engineering Economics
- Engineering in Society - Health and Safety
Sustainability, Engineering and the Environment
Engineering Managment

This is absolutely ridiculous, having done Bachelors and Masters I have to re-do Hardcore modules all over again.Could you advise on what can be done
Fayaz

Varunaimar

Jan 25, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-03-2018
AOR Received.
20-05-2018
IELTS Request
29-12-2017
Med's Done....
08-05-2018
Passport Req..
20-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2018
LANDED..........
26-04-2019
So just one question here:
How did you fill in the course details? The part where they ask you for the topics covered in the university? I think the reason you're assigned exams lies there. Other than that, I really don't think you should have been assigned exams in the first place.

By the way, what were your specializations?

Hello Dear,
I'm somewhat in the same situation,i applied for PEO registration on Financial Credit program.They ended up evaluating my degree from UK(Bachelors & Masters).And told me to write 5 Papers.
Group A
Group B
- Engineering Materials
&
- Engineering Economics
Engineering Managment

This is absolutely ridiculous, having done Bachelors and Masters I have to re-do Hardcore modules all over again.Could you advise on what can be done
Fayaz

LoneEarthling

Star Member
Mar 30, 2017
Well, I was thinking of applying to APEGA for Member-In-Training but having read this forum, I believe it's a total waste of money. Engineers educated elsewhere will have a hard time in Canada.
This is why people prefer getting a masters or some other degree/qualification in Canada to get past this mess.

LoneEarthling

Star Member
Mar 30, 2017
Anybody with a 4 year degree from Pakistan, and has applied to either APEGA (Alberta) or APEGM (Manitoba)?
Please share your results, experiences, suggestions etc.

nidhii

Aug 18, 2017
hi,
I have Canadian PR and I am a post graduate in Environmental Engineering from India without a Canadian university degree. While applying for Canadian PR , WES (world education Services) did educational assessment and they gave me Canadian Equivalency of M.Tech in Environmental EngineeringI. I wanted to enroll for EIT and I know they will check education background and make sure I have all the right courses and credits. Since I have Canadian Equivalent degree awarded by WES ,do I need to pass any technical exam to enroll EIT? . please reply ...Help needed!!!!

Varunaimar

Jan 25, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-03-2018
AOR Received.
20-05-2018
IELTS Request
29-12-2017
Med's Done....
08-05-2018
Passport Req..
20-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2018
LANDED..........
26-04-2019
hi,
I have Canadian PR and I am a post graduate in Environmental Engineering from India without a Canadian university degree. While applying for Canadian PR , WES (world education Services) did educational assessment and they gave me Canadian Equivalency of M.Tech in Environmental EngineeringI. I wanted to enroll for EIT and I know they will check education background and make sure I have all the right courses and credits. Since I have Canadian Equivalent degree awarded by WES ,do I need to pass any technical exam to enroll EIT? . please reply ...Help needed!!!!
Exams will be assigned if needed after reviewing your application.

Varunaimar

Jan 25, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-03-2018
AOR Received.
20-05-2018
IELTS Request
29-12-2017
Med's Done....
08-05-2018
Passport Req..
20-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2018
LANDED..........
26-04-2019

xibalban

Star Member
Aug 4, 2017
Sikkim
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Singapore
Passport Req..
08-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
27-03-2018
LANDED..........
29-05-2018
While applying at Ontario PEO for P.Eng, when it says submit original transcripts/degree certificates, do they mean original hard copies?
Also, will a WES credential assessment of the Engineering Degree be accepted in its lieu?

Varunaimar

Jan 25, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-03-2018
AOR Received.
20-05-2018
IELTS Request
29-12-2017
Med's Done....
08-05-2018
Passport Req..
20-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2018
LANDED..........
26-04-2019
While applying at Ontario PEO for P.Eng, when it says submit original transcripts/degree certificates, do they mean original hard copies?
Also, will a WES credential assessment of the Engineering Degree be accepted in its lieu?
PEO does not accept WES evaluation.

mystique9999

Star Member
Mar 19, 2015
Hello Dear,
Group A
Group B
- Engineering Materials
&
- Engineering Economics
Engineering Managment

Fayaz
You can register for 2 exams and try to get good scores in them. If you are able to do so, the remaining exams will be waived off. Read the following:

Good-Performance review for CEP applicants may be warranted as follows:
• Applicants who pass any two technical exams at their first sitting, with a minimum average of 65% and with no mark below 60%, may be exempted from completing the remaining exams in the Confirmatory Exam Program.
• Applicants who complete three technical exams in two sittings with no mark below 60% may be exempted from the Complementary Studies exam.
• Applicants who fail one technical exam and achieve a mark of 70% or higher on the failed exam on their second attempt, and 60% or higher on a previously unwritten technical exam attempted at the same sitting, may be exempted from completing the remaining exams in their Confirmatory Exam Program.

Deutschland

Star Member
May 18, 2016
Hello friends,

I just got a letter from PEO and they accepted my academic qualifications and now I have to appear in the PPE exam in August. Does anybody has an online version of the following books:

1) “Canadian Professional Engineering and Geoscience: Practice and Ethics,” Fifth Edition, 2014
2) "Law for Professional Engineers, Canadian and Global Insights", Fourth Edition, 2008.

Your help in this regards will be highly appreciated. Thank you.

eranman

Jun 19, 2015
Hello guys i am indian engineer with five experience in india can some please guide me about references as my boss and both shifted form the company

jailika

Star Member
Jul 16, 2013
Mississauga
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mississauga
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
13-05-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
10-10-2014
Med's Done....
29-10-2014
Passport Req..
12-11-2014
Hello friends,

I just got a letter from PEO and they accepted my academic qualifications and now I have to appear in the PPE exam in August. Does anybody has an online version of the following books:

1) “Canadian Professional Engineering and Geoscience: Practice and Ethics,” Fifth Edition, 2014
2) "Law for Professional Engineers, Canadian and Global Insights", Fourth Edition, 2008.

Your help in this regards will be highly appreciated. Thank you.
How long it take you to get acceptance and how did u manage the experience form ?
Thanks