+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Advice for "engineers" applying to Professional Engineers Ontario for P.Eng.

Pratikkumar

Star Member
Nov 8, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London VO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-05-2017
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
11-03-2017
AOR Received.
04-0502017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
10-09-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
17-04-2017
Passport Req..
30-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-12-2017
LANDED..........
30-04-2018
Hi guys! I have been reading some of the posts in this thread but I haven't found the information. Has anyone applied to P.Eng in another province/territory where he plans to settle. I mean, I am applying to PR and I have also heard about initial difficulties for P.Eng in Ontario (specially degree recognition and the necessity to take some exams), that's why I'd like to know if it's possible to apply for P.Eng in BC (probably smoother process) and then ask for a recognition of that P.Eng in Ontario.
Anyone? Is that possible or feasible?
@roger,

They are inter changeable (is that right word?)!

You can obtain P.Eng from a province and get it converted to your province for a nominal fee.

I am PNP (OINP) applicant and planned to settle in Toronto. I have made inquiries to PEO and APEGA (after @Jez's advise). At least these two requires minimum of 12 months canadian experience, which I don't have. I put my plans to apply on shelf for now.

SAMER MAHER

Jan 8, 2017
Hi Folks,
I applied for the P.eng in Ontario this week at PEO, yesterday I got an email from them asking me to choose the department that they should start the assessment for as I have Control & Systems Engineer, my degree not from Cabada, obviously I will choose electrical engineering....
Any one could guide me about the interview? I have 8 years of ecperance.. do you think I have a chance to pass the interview without asking me to do some exames?
What are the factors of the interviews? academic or experience?

If I went to the interview and then asked to do exams, can I at that point stop and apply for APEGA? or it's better to stop at the current stage? I prefer to go forward with the interview as I already paid the fees and see my chances but can you guys advise?

Your feedback is highly appreciated!

jez.s009

Oct 22, 2015
If you have good engineering experience (Over 10+) or canadian master degree APEGA will waive off the exams or they will assign FE exams that will depends upon from which university you graduated and you have to clear ethics exam plus meet 1 year canadian experience under P.Eng to get licence from APEGA .Once you have licence from APEGA you can transfer under interprovincial mobility to any other province with out giving any further exams.

Once you applied to PEO and later on decide to go with APEGA then APEGA will give you same exam as assigned by PEO (and vice versa)

Hi Jez.s009,

Any specific reasons for recommending APEGA over PEO?

Pratikkumar

Star Member
Nov 8, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London VO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-05-2017
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
11-03-2017
AOR Received.
04-0502017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
10-09-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
17-04-2017
Passport Req..
30-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-12-2017
LANDED..........
30-04-2018
plus meet 1 year canadian experience under P.Eng
This is my first and foremost problem..

Why and how on earth they want us to gain experience before awarding P,Eng?

namwbysbd

May 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-05-2014
Nomination.....
17-08-2014
Med's Request
16-09-2014
Med's Done....
25-09-2014
Passport Req..
09-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-02-2015
Did anyone passed PPE exams from PEO?

naredont

Jan 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Please could you advise, if technical exams assigned what we have to do
Is it good option or Interview is the best one? What will happens after technical exams assigned? Thanks

xxtelkholyxx

Nov 12, 2015
Dears ....
I am from outside Canada and I finished my assessment with WES with positive feedback of 4 years Bachelor degree, I plan to apply for Ontario Professional engineers program from overseas and need to make sure of some things:

- when applying for the professional engineer license do I have to be examined in engineering majors??? even if I had my education assessed by WES; it might be very hard as i am graduated since 2003!!

- Can WES send my certifications and transcripts directly to Ontario Professional Engineers on behalf of me?

- I have 12 years of experience , what can this benefits me?
thanks in advance.

pepasbr

Apr 6, 2017
Hello guys!

I'm new here so I have a simple question.

What is the EIT worth? I reckon it can be taken before going to Canada, but I want to understand what use does it have for me.

Thanks for your attention!

_Aspirant

Feb 29, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Guys,

I am a newbie and looking forward to Canadian PR (yet to receive ITA). My NOC is 2133. I would like to know if I require license to apply for PR or Provincial Nomination.

Thanks

mystique9999

Star Member
Mar 19, 2015
Guys I was assigned the confirmatory exam program for 4 exams and I failed the first one. Will my PEng application be rejected or will I get a chance to reattempt the exam?

AtImechE

Star Member
May 3, 2017
I need some advice guys. I have a BEng Mechanical engineering from UK and my degree comes under Washington accord but under the course search, it says further learning required for C.Eng status.
My questions are
1. Am I eligible for EIT in any Canadian province
2. Will they waive all technical exams and let me write my PPE? Thanks in advance

immigration1234

Jun 24, 2017
hi guys,
i am new to this forum. i was planning to apply for Peng under either PEO or APEGA. I am an electrical engineer from India woth 6 years of experience in middile east. Now, after reading the posts in the forum, i am really confused. which one should I apply PEO or APEGA?
--Seniors please guide me, which province is better fro me to apply?
--Also what is the scope of getting a job in my field if don't have P Eng designation?
--is there any course I can do , patricularly in design electrical engineering field?
someone please help...
thanks