+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Advice for bringing my Chilean wife to Canada.

DustinBrett

Star Member
Jan 21, 2015
Thanks for all the advice everyone. I will make sure to have a lot of documentation and everything printed out for the border officer. And I will rethink the bus ticket. I might get a plane ticket but I will need to be sure it can be refunded so that will be something to make sure of because the ticket to Chile is not cheap.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DustinBrett said:
Thanks for all the advice everyone. I will make sure to have a lot of documentation and everything printed out for the border officer. And I will rethink the bus ticket. I might get a plane ticket but I will need to be sure it can be refunded so that will be something to make sure of because the ticket to Chile is not cheap.
She's worth it! Getting a fully refundable ticket should be easy!

DustinBrett

Star Member
Jan 21, 2015
Ya I'm thinking now we will wait to pay the fees and buy her a ticket back to Chile. And instead of flying to Vancouver we will fly to Saskatoon where my family wants to throw us a reception. This way we have a good reason to be visiting and an excuse why she is flying back before me because I want to spend more time with my family. Her parents offered us a spare house they have which we can claim is our home in Chile and her brother can hire her and make a contract for her to be working with him as proof we still have ties in Chile. And I will have 10 months left on my working visa in Chile also. Then when we arrive in Saskatoon we can refund the ticket once we submit the PR and OWP applications and we can move to Vancouver after the reception.

What do you guys think of this modified plan?