+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Advice and ideas

Meldurssi21

Jan 16, 2023
My Oath is on Feb 9th I still haven’t gotten an email if it’s online or in person, anyone can give me advice as I am planning to travel end of February start of March , has any one had luck getting the certificate sent quicker if so what did you do .

thanks

CANADA-1

Jan 17, 2017
My Oath is on Feb 9th I still haven’t gotten an email if it’s online or in person, anyone can give me advice as I am planning to travel end of February start of March , has any one had luck getting the certificate sent quicker if so what did you do .

thanks
most of the e-mail week before for certificate u can ask your problem why you need certificate quicker your clerk in verification time this depend on your luck accept or not.

Meldurssi21

Jan 16, 2023
most of the e-mail week before for certificate u can ask your problem why you need certificate quicker your clerk in verification time this depend on your luck accept or not.
If I tell her I am travelling soon would they cancel the ceremony or should I wait till I am done and call after

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
If I tell her I am travelling soon would they cancel the ceremony or should I wait till I am done and call after
if your travel is work related they "might" accept, other than that holiday travel etc will be rejected without much celebration..
In my case Oath was mid Sep and I was supposed to travel for business in mid Oct. I requested to expedite the certificate cpl of days before the ceremony with Scarborough office and provide them a letter from my manager as a supporting document as well.. They rejected and suggested that I can either postpone my Oath or wait till the certificate comes through the standard process. They also mentioned that I will have enough time to receive the certificate and apply for the passport before the Oct travel.. I replied to them that I will not postpone my Oath date.

Now during the ceremony, the clerk who checked our documents etc, acknowledge that I had sent the email which gave me another opportunity to make the pitch :).. She said she cannot promise but will try and support. I even asked her if I could come and pick up the certificate, she said that is not possible unfortunately.

She said as soon as Oath finishes, send the signed Oath form to the SCR ceremonies email address and just mention her name in the subject of the email.

They dispatched the certificate the next day and I received them by Canada post in my mailbox within 2 days ;)

CANADA-1

Jan 17, 2017
NO until you can ask other wise your ceremony run as per schedule you have to ask verification time and when you sign citizen ship paper wright
clerk name
file number
applicant name
wright down oath time you and clerk conversation why you need early certificate
send to as soon possible if you in gta dont worry 5 days to closed 2-3 days received certificate by mail canada post

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014

thanks
Ask politely during the Oath, if online. Chances are they will give the same spiel about 'postpone till you are available etc etc. Say no, you will go with the oath. When sending the signed document by mail, in the subject line mention the officer's initials, (I called him Official XY), thank them for conducting the ceremony and it will work like a charm. I got mine in 7 days (including a 2 day weekend)

If you get an in person Oath, problem solved. You'll come back with a certificate.