+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ADR - Police Certificate

Dawoodal

Sep 19, 2018
Hi, I received an email today from VO (Amman-Jordan) Requesting police certificates from Iraq and Libya.

Background: My wife holds the Iraqi Citizenship. In the past 10 years she resided in Libya and Jordan. Currently resides in Jordan. She only lived for 1 year in Iraq at a very young age in her whole life.

With sending the application, we checked the country requirements for police certificate from Both Jordan and Libya. We were able to provide everything from Jordan. However, on the website, If you are not a current resident of Libya, you do not require to submit police certificate and copy/paste the explanation that is on the website.

For Iraq, we are still looking into getting it and it seems that we can. even though she lived there when she was 12 years old (18 years ago) and haven't been back ever since.

Now they are asking for a police certificate from Libya and it is impossible to get that since she has to be physically in Libya to get it. They do not provide former residents. Also there is war in Libya at the moment. CIC already knows that hence its on the website. Why would they ask for this document from VO??

Here are my questions:

- For Libya police certificate. as you have read above. what should we do?
- In the email. it says to email the documents to the email provided. should i just scan/email the documents? i dont need to use their webform?
- The Iraqi document might not be in English. which translation would they approve? translation from accredited translator in Iraq? in Jordan? or from Canada??
- i wish i can just contact them and ask these questions and get clarification. Is there such a thing?

If you reached here. Thank you so much for reading this post. I would really appreciate your help and feed back.

Receive date Nov 20, 2018
AOR Jan 24, 2019
Biometrics Feb 2, 2019
Transfer to VO - Feb 14, 2019
ADR - AL 24, 2019

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London
If I'm not mistaken, you only need to give police for any country she has lived for more then 6 months since the age of 18. The English translation can be done at any accredited translation place in any country As per the immigration guide, if you are unable to provide a police check you need to include an explanation of why not.

Dawoodal

Sep 19, 2018
If I'm not mistaken, you only need to give police for any country she has lived for more then 6 months since the age of 18. The English translation can be done at any accredited translation place in any country As per the immigration guide, if you are unable to provide a police check you need to include an explanation of why not.
Thats what i know too ! thats why i am posting here, i am very confused why they are asking for those. Since on the website they do not require for former residents of Libya. And although she is an Iraqi citizen. she did not live more than 6 months in Iraq after the age of 18!! Do i email them saying you are not following the procedure, check your own website for instruction ! what is this nonsense

salhen

Jan 20, 2019
Libya , want to go to Calgary , Canada
Visa Office......
Paris
App. Filed.......
15,Nov,2018
Med's Request
February 19, 2019
Med's Done....
February 29, 2019
Thats what i know too ! thats why i am posting here, i am very confused why they are asking for those. Since on the website they do not require for former residents of Libya. And although she is an Iraqi citizen. she did not live more than 6 months in Iraq after the age of 18!! Do i email them saying you are not following the procedure, check your own website for instruction ! what is this nonsense
No don't do that, they are asking for police Certificate for Iraq because she is a citizen of this country, if you can provide it just do it, for Libyan police Certificate I'm a Libyan citizen and I confirm that you have to apply in person, so I suggest if you can get the Iraq police certificate it's better to increase your chance for approval and also write an explanation for why you can not provide the Libyan police Certificate and tell them about the war that is going now in Tripoli and the difficulties to get a visa and to go to Libya in this war, I think this will be enough

wvanderlinden

Star Member
Oct 31, 2019
Hi, I received an email today from VO (Amman-Jordan) Requesting police certificates from Iraq and Libya.

Background: My wife holds the Iraqi Citizenship. In the past 10 years she resided in Libya and Jordan. Currently resides in Jordan. She only lived for 1 year in Iraq at a very young age in her whole life.

With sending the application, we checked the country requirements for police certificate from Both Jordan and Libya. We were able to provide everything from Jordan. However, on the website, If you are not a current resident of Libya, you do not require to submit police certificate and copy/paste the explanation that is on the website.

For Iraq, we are still looking into getting it and it seems that we can. even though she lived there when she was 12 years old (18 years ago) and haven't been back ever since.

Now they are asking for a police certificate from Libya and it is impossible to get that since she has to be physically in Libya to get it. They do not provide former residents. Also there is war in Libya at the moment. CIC already knows that hence its on the website. Why would they ask for this document from VO??

Here are my questions:

- For Libya police certificate. as you have read above. what should we do?
- In the email. it says to email the documents to the email provided. should i just scan/email the documents? i dont need to use their webform?
- The Iraqi document might not be in English. which translation would they approve? translation from accredited translator in Iraq? in Jordan? or from Canada??
- i wish i can just contact them and ask these questions and get clarification. Is there such a thing?

If you reached here. Thank you so much for reading this post. I would really appreciate your help and feed back.

Receive date Nov 20, 2018
AOR Jan 24, 2019
Biometrics Feb 2, 2019
Transfer to VO - Feb 14, 2019
ADR - AL 24, 2019
Any update regarding the police certificate requested from Libya? I'm just having the same issue! Dose replaying with copy/paste the explanation on the website was enough? thanks

Dawoodal

Sep 19, 2018
Any update regarding the police certificate requested from Libya? I'm just having the same issue! Dose replaying with copy/paste the explanation on the website was enough? thanks
I did this over a year ago but I just copy pasted that statement from their website and wrote it on a page. I placed that page in the right order and it posed no issues.

Reactions: wvanderlinden