+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

admission in Canadian school and fee structure

kirti007

Jan 28, 2019
Hi,
I am currently applying for a work visa (Temporary Residence in Canada) for me. And for my wife an open work visa. I am applying a study visa for my daughter. In April, my daughter will be 6 years old. I am looking to settle in Longueuil (near Montreal, Quebec). what should I do from now to get my daughter's admission to an English school? I am not afraid of French learning but I want my daughter should get her education in English due to her previous learning in English. In the visa procedure, it states that the child must include a Certificat d’Acceptation du Quebec (CAQ) of the age 6-18. I am applying visa just before her next birthday. And when we reach there for school admission she will be already 6. Do I need now to get Certificat d’Acceptation du Quebec (CAQ) before applying for the visa? Also, do I need to contact schools now itself? And if she is going to school will it be a private or public school for English medium education? what documents do we need at the time of admission or approaching the school or how to find the school?

TanuP

Aug 12, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
23-04-2018
AOR Received.
07-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-02-2019
Most elementary schools are public here, and education is free, unless you choose to send her to a private one.
Typical documents include birth certificate (in English with parents' name clearly mentioned), passports for all (her and you both), legal status in Canada for all 3, immunization records, proof of address (Canadian) for catchment school in your area, proof of employment (Canadian), health insurance proof. Not sure how schools in QB work when it comes to Eng and/or French options. Check their provincial website.

TanuP

Aug 12, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
23-04-2018
AOR Received.
07-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-02-2019
Hi,
I am currently applying for a work visa (Temporary Residence in Canada) for me. And for my wife an open work visa. I am applying a study visa for my daughter. In April, my daughter will be 6 years old. I am looking to settle in Longueuil (near Montreal, Quebec). what should I do from now to get my daughter's admission to an English school? I am not afraid of French learning but I want my daughter should get her education in English due to her previous learning in English. In the visa procedure, it states that the child must include a Certificat d’Acceptation du Quebec (CAQ) of the age 6-18. I am applying visa just before her next birthday. And when we reach there for school admission she will be already 6. Do I need now to get Certificat d’Acceptation du Quebec (CAQ) before applying for the visa? Also, do I need to contact schools now itself? And if she is going to school will it be a private or public school for English medium education? what documents do we need at the time of admission or approaching the school or how to find the school?
Another thing: minors don't need a study permit if accompanying a parent who has legal status in Canada. Once she receives her TRV, it should include a line about: allowed to elementary/middle school. That way, she'll be a non-fee-paying international student. You might also have to register yourself as a newcomer with the concerned school board in your area.

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018
Another thing: minors don't need a study permit if accompanying a parent who has legal status in Canada. Once she receives her TRV, it should include a line about: allowed to elementary/middle school. That way, she'll be a non-fee-paying international student. You might also have to register yourself as a newcomer with the concerned school board in your area.
Does this apply to high school as well? If the father is currently under SP and mother is applying for SOWP from home country, the minor does not need to apply for study permit? Both the mother and child have multiple entry visit visas and have been to Canada, but now are back to home country.

Thanks in advance.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
If you plan on staying in Quebec you should consider enrolling your child in French school. If you become a PR you'd only qualify for French school.

Reactions: TanuP

TanuP

Aug 12, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
23-04-2018
AOR Received.
07-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-02-2019
Does this apply to high school as well? If the father is currently under SP and mother is applying for SOWP from home country, the minor does not need to apply for study permit? Both the mother and child have multiple entry visit visas and have been to Canada, but now are back to home country.

Thanks in advance.
this should have more info: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/prepare/minor-children/need-permit.html

Mar 4, 2020
Hi ,

My daughter is 5 years old , can any one update me , what's the process for her admission , which fund & annual income is required to show ..

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Hi ,

My daughter is 5 years old , can any one update me , what's the process for her admission , which fund & annual income is required to show ..
What is your status in Canada given sending a 5 year old to study in Canada does not mean that you gain any benefit to accompany the child so she would need a custodian given unlikely the parents would be approved as visitors with no work permit to accompany for any extended duration