+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Admission defer to June 2017... Need suggestion

swethamohanvamsi

Jun 24, 2014
Hello,

I have applied for my visa from Abudhabi Visa office and am still waiting for my visa for september intake.

Meanwhile i checked with my university if they can defer to Jan intake by any chance visa gets delayed.

To my surprise university replied that they can defer me to June 2017 intake as i need to take a foundation program before my actual program starts.

In this case, will my passport be with visa office till i get my visa before June 2017 or they stamp the visa for June and send ??

Seniors.. please help !!

MONTY39

Jul 28, 2016
Category........
CEC
For UAE it takes 9-10 weeks from the day you submit your application...If you get your Visa approved then you can fly before your course begins in sept.If you have submitted it late then you need to speak to your university if you can delay your joining. If your university says that you cannot join for sept since it may be mandatory for you to take the foundation course then you can only start next year in June.
However, if you get the Visa approved from this sept to the course ends, then you will need to apply for an extension of Study permit for another ten months which you need to apply for on MyCIC.
Situation can only be judged once you receive your passport and decision.
Good Luck

swethamohanvamsi

Jun 24, 2014
MONTY39 said:
For UAE it takes 9-10 weeks from the day you submit your application...If you get your Visa approved then you can fly before your course begins in sept.If you have submitted it late then you need to speak to your university if you can delay your joining. If your university says that you cannot join for sept since it may be mandatory for you to take the foundation course then you can only start next year in June.
However, if you get the Visa approved from this sept to the course ends, then you will need to apply for an extension of Study permit for another ten months which you need to apply for on MyCIC.
Situation can only be judged once you receive your passport and decision.
Good Luck
Thanks for the info..