+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

admissibility or not

dejaito

Jan 3, 2013
I have received our visas under PR and our cpr for me and my family shows brown on the eye colour wch I'm scared if dey may classified it to be black bcos we are from Nigeria in Africa. Wot could possibly happen at the port of entry. I notify the Visa office for a change but their reply was"you can travel with the visa and report at the port of entry wen u get to canada about the eye colour" I'm. Confused I don't know wot this could mean. 2 do they toroughly check at the port of entry?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
"Brown" is correct. There is probably no such colour as true "Black" for eyes. Do not worry, as they really are not going to be that strict.

dejaito

Jan 3, 2013
Thanks so much for your response,I think I can now free my mind and hope for the best. Thanks

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IMM 0008 actually has black as an option for eye colour, see http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM0008ENU_2D.pdf

They have "black", "blue", "brown", "green", "grey", "hazel", "other", "pink" and "sea green". Personally wonder why the list did not end with "other". I have never seen anyone with pink eyes. I tried to do an image search but the only ones I found were of people with eye infections or photoshopped. I also wonder if there is a big difference between green and sea green. Maybe somebody at immigration was making a joke.

In any case, like I said in my other reply on your other thread, I can't imagine it will pose a problem. I had bluegrey as my eye colour in my passport and immigration put them as blue so for several years I was travelling with a passport and PR card that did not match each other and never had a problem.

If it worries you, tell the IO about it when you land and ask them if they feel they should correct it. They will look at your eyes and decide.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
"Pink" eyes is the commonly held misbelief about people with Albinism.
In fact, the true eye colour is there anyway, but because of the hypo-pigmentation, the light reflection from inside the eyes makes them look "pink". Both my children have blue eyes but it is sometimes difficult to clearly see because of their albinism.

dejaito

Jan 3, 2013
Thanks for this full info. I will do dat at the port of entry and if I think its not really neccesary,then I forgo it. Thanks a lot

chskw

May 1, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zardoz said:
In fact, the true eye colour is there anyway, but because of the hypo-pigmentation, the light reflection from inside the eyes makes them look "pink". Both my children have blue eyes but it is sometimes difficult to clearly see because of their albinism.
Not everyone has the same color in both eyes too!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chskw said:
Not everyone has the same color in both eyes too!
That's right. David Bowie has one brown and one blue eye and so did a girl who was in my class in the first grade.

wyp19845

Dec 23, 2015
zardoz said:
Hi zardoz,
I am also a father of albnisim kid.
Currently, we are applying for PR. Do you know whether albnisim will be a cause of inadmissobility?
Thanks

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
wyp19845 said:
Hi zardoz,
Currently, we are applying for PR. Do you know whether albnisim will be a cause of inadmissobility?
Thanks
It's impossible to answer that as the impact of albinism on the individual can vary greatly. You will have to see what the results of the medical examination are, as it will determine what the financial demand on Canada might be. It certainly could be a problem.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
wyp19845 said:
Hi zardoz,
Thanks
Is your child under any regular medical care? Is it expected that your child will need extensive medical care (e.g. surgery) in the future? If not - then you most likely don't have anything to worry about.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
scylla said:
Is your child under any regular medical care? Is it expected that your child will need extensive medical care (e.g. surgery) in the future? If not - then you most likely don't have anything to worry about.
Albinism is more complex than that. Medical care is usually minimal. It's the requirements for "special needs" education and support that starts building up the ongoing costs. Albinism can range from mild annoyance to full visual impairment. My two boys are mid-range, with one markedly better than the other. They would almost certainly have been inadmissible due to educational support costs and disability allowances.

wyp19845

Dec 23, 2015
zardoz said:
Albinism is more complex than that. Medical care is usually minimal. It's the requirements for "special needs" education and support that starts building up the ongoing costs. Albinism can range from mild annoyance to full visual impairment. My two boys are mid-range, with one markedly better than the other. They would almost certainly have been inadmissible due to educational support costs and disability allowances.
Thanks for your answer.

if we meet inadmissibility, is it possible to waived it through family sponsor?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
wyp19845 said:
Thanks for your answer.

if we meet inadmissibility, is it possible to waived it through family sponsor?
Not if you are applying for PR as a member of an Economic Class. All of you must be admissible or the application will be refused for all of you. CIC closed that loophole years ago.

wyp19845

Dec 23, 2015
zardoz said:
Not if you are applying for PR as a member of an Economic Class. All of you must be admissible or the application will be refused for all of you. CIC closed that loophole years ago.
Actually I am applying through professional immigration. The reason why I ask that is I saw in one website that they have to consider so-called family sponsorship before they reject an application because of excessive demand on health or social service.