+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adivce On Planning a baby in/outside canada

seema1

Aug 10, 2010
Hi Everyone,
I Completed my landing formalities in june with my husband and came back to India as we both have job commitments here.
We had to do landing in June as otherwise our visa would have expired.
We plan to finally move to Canada in about 2 years time.
I am Pregnent and expecting our baby in january next year.
Now if i deliver the baby in India how would the baby get PR card??What is the procedure for that ?
Also many ppl are advising us to go to Canada now and deliver the baby there.
CAn someone through light to get us out of this confusion..?
Suggestions Welcome

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you deliver your baby in India, you and/or your spouse would have to go to Canada alone without the baby in order to sponsor it to come to Canada. During the sponsorship & immigration process, the sponsor might not be able to leave Canada.

On the contrary, if you deliver your baby in Canada, the baby would get Canadian citizenship by birth. It will save your troubles to sponsor it to Canada.

P

pv

As steaky mentioned... its good to come to Canada for child birth...

I am sure you have applied for your Health card when you landed in June... so say if you decide to reach here next month then it will be good for you and your family as your delivery will be covered

- If you decide not to come for child birth in canada, then you will have to wait years before you can finally get PR for your kid
This is very tough and it takes lots of time , effort and hopes

pun123

Mar 22, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canada is better in all possible ways.

Remember you need to book a bed in Canada----medical services are not a walk in basis like India

namasteindia

Star Member
Apr 9, 2010
india
Category........
Visa Office......
INDIA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-2010
Doc's Request.
WAITING
yes whereever the child is born it becomes citizen by birth.
you will save lot of paper work and red tape if you decide to give birth in canada.

seema1

Aug 10, 2010
Thanx everyone for replying.
Well all of you have suggested giving birth in Canada as the better option. But i still have few doubts.

1) If the baby is born in India, would he be not entltled to get PR form canadaian Embassy in India, i am asking this coz one of my friends was a UK PR holder. She delivered baby in india and was able to get babies VIsa(ILR Indefinate leave to remain ) based on her visa in 3 days.

2) If we decide to go to canada now if would be a big step, as we will have to wind up here coz i would get maternity leave but my husband wont get off for 4-5 months. So would it be viable to actually go there at this stage ?.

anyways thanx to all for sharing their views.