Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
23-10-14
VISA ISSUED...
31-10-14
LANDED..........
08-11-14
Queston 10a requires us to list all addresses inside and outside of Canada during the eligibility period. Should I include the address for the place I went to for 22 days of vacation? Any responses would be helpful.

yogitacec

Star Member
Dec 21, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2013
AOR Received.
11-02-2014
IELTS Request
Results sent with application
Med's Request
04-07-14
Med's Done....
10-07-14
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
23-10-14
VISA ISSUED...
31-10-14
LANDED..........
08-11-14

TickleMeElmo

Nov 20, 2017
Toronto
No, you did not reside there and still maintained an adress in Canada :)
Incorrect if that vacation that you took for 22 days is within the eligebile period of your application you have to list it.
Question 10a clearly states that you have to list all addresses inside and outside of Canada.

Reactions: yogitacec

TickleMeElmo

Nov 20, 2017
Toronto
Clear red flag right away if am your officer viewing your application.
If I comapre your vacation absence in your physical presence calculator to 10a.
I will see that the address is not listed in 10a.

Reactions: yogitacec
Nov 22, 2017
I would put the address history in a separate sheet and underneath that address where you were actually 'legally/physically' residing, I would put that you spent 22 days outside the country and make sure this matches your travel history.

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
Well, the form asks for your adress outside Canada "if you live, study or work in that country" (I'm not quoting the exact sentence, but it's in the help for question 10a).
You already specify in the physical presence calculator the reason for the absence, which will be holidays. Taking a 3 weeks vacation hardly qualifies as living in the other country.

Obviously, in the case of a single absence for which OP already knows the adress, why not, but in the case of numerous weekends in the US over the last 5 years, that would just be a hassle for both the applicant and the CIC officer, a hassle already taken care of in the presence calculator.

Many people on this forum got their citizenship without going into this layer of precision, so maybe one of them can confirm (or refute ! :))

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Incorrect if that vacation that you took for 22 days is within the eligebile period of your application you have to list it.
Question 10a clearly states that you have to list all addresses inside and outside of Canada.
This is wrong advice. If you just visited a country the address does not need to be listed in question 10a. This is clear from the instructions in the application guide that specifies "live, study, work". If you visit a country, you did not live, study or work there.

Yes, you have to list all addresses inside and outside of Canada, but ONLY if you lived, studied or worked there. Or more generally: resided there.

Scarletuh

Jun 4, 2020
Write all your addresses inside and outside of Canada during your 5-year eligibility period
Do I include my address before coming to Canada as a permanent resident to make up the 5 years?
or do I just put my eligibilty period even if it's not a 5year period? or I can't reach 5years since I came in Canada?

Sharma21069

Dec 12, 2018
Write all your addresses inside and outside of Canada during your 5-year eligibility period
Do I include my address before coming to Canada as a permanent resident to make up the 5 years?
or do I just put my eligibilty period even if it's not a 5year period? or I can't reach 5years since I came in Canada?
Were you able to figure it out ?