+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Address Question for Citizenship Application

circuit

Aug 7, 2014
Hi, my wife is about to apply for citizenship soon. She has a question about residency. When she arrived into the country, I actually had two addresses. One was a brand new apartment which I got a few weeks before she arrived but she wanted to get involved with furniture shopping and so on and hence it wasn't livable until a few days after she arrived. I was living with my brother in his apartment. When she came to Canada she gave his address at the airport to mail PR card. Now the thing is that the first week she was here, she spent time at both places. Morning at my brother's and evenings in our now permanent apartment setting it up and sleeping there sometimes. How do I put it in the application? And let's say I she puts only her permanent address which is the current apartment (which was then empty) would it raise questions or issues? Again the mailing address for PR card was my brother's place as I was staying there until she got here and she spent a few hours a day there as well.

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
I'm not an expert but it sounds like you should put your brother's address where the PR card was mailed as her first address, and then your current apartment beginning on the date you two started living there full-time.

EUK

Feb 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm not an expert but it sounds like you should put your brother's address where the PR card was mailed as her first address, and then your current apartment beginning on the date you two started living there full-time.
Sounds reasonable approach...