Address PR card

blackbear88

Star Member
Mar 2, 2016
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi there,

I recently got my COPR as a FSW (not sponsored by any province) and will be landing in Toronto (city of destination on COPR) shortly. Once landed, however, I would like to move to Montréal and settle there. Would it be alright to give Immigration an address in Montréal to send my PR card to? Or could that be tricky as it's Québec?

Thank you!

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
would be tricky. CBSA might create issues, so here is the workaround:

Don't give Montreal address at the time of landing. Let CBSA agent know that you are still looking for accommodation and will update CIC later. Once you move to Montreal call CIC and update address.

Reactions: blackbear88

blackbear88

Star Member
Mar 2, 2016
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
would be tricky. CBSA might create issues, so here is the workaround:

Don't give Montreal address at the time of landing. Let CBSA agent know that you are still looking for accommodation and will update CIC later. Once you move to Montreal call CIC and update address.
Thank you! Also, is the sole purpose of the address just a place to send the PR card to or does it have another purpose as well? Would they possibly accept to send the card to an AirBNB place or hostel?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Of course keep in mind an initial PR card can take 6-8 weeks to arrive so of course so keep that in mind if you give an Airbnb or hostel address that you might not stay in for that length of time.

blackbear88

Star Member
Mar 2, 2016
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Of course keep in mind an initial PR card can take 6-8 weeks to arrive so of course so keep that in mind if you give an Airbnb or hostel address that you might not stay in for that length of time.
Thank you for your comment but if I'm not mistaking, the address can be changed online within a period of 180 days.