+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Address on Indian passport renewal form - PR holder

gagzzz

Star Member
Jan 3, 2018
if you give Indian address then someone needs to be there at home to verify when police guy comes, lets say no one lives there then it MIGHT be a problem.
even if u give rental address, i think u can get it changed later (if required- else dont bother to change it)

Ramesh Dutta

Jul 17, 2017
Hello , I am submitting my application for passport renewal and I am a PR holder.

Has any one recently renewed Indian passport and used Indian address on newly renewed passport?

Can I retain my Indian address as the address to be printed in the passport.

Helly21

Jun 1, 2022
Hello All,

I am planning to apply for the renewal of my Indian Passport in Toronto with BLS. I am a PR holder.

Can I retain the existing Indian address in my new renewed passport? Or would they insist on updating it to the current Canadian Address?

On the online form, they do allow it but in BLS checklist under proof of address column they mention that for PR holders enter your current Canadian address as primary address.

I wish to retain my Indian address on the new renewed passport.

Can anyone please guide me or have gone through a similar experience with BLS? Just wanted to make sure the submission is hassle-free.

Thanks in advance!

Edit:
*Update*:
I had emailed the Indian Consulate here in Toronto and they were surprisingly prompt and emailed me back on a Sunday morning. The Consulate officer has confirmed that I can either retain my existing Indian address or opt to mention my Canadian address. It is my choice.

But if I change my Indian address then the proof is required. A second Canadian address is mandatory.

Hope this helps

Hello,
I have question. If you keep Indian address as printable address on the new passport then also you will receive your passport in Canada right?

Thanks,
Helly

thamarai68

May 23, 2021
Hello All,

I am planning to apply for the renewal of my Indian Passport in Toronto with BLS. I am a PR holder.

Can I retain the existing Indian address in my new renewed passport? Or would they insist on updating it to the current Canadian Address?

On the online form, they do allow it but in BLS checklist under proof of address column they mention that for PR holders enter your current Canadian address as primary address.

Can anyone please guide me or have gone through a similar experience with BLS? Just wanted to make sure the submission is hassle-free.

Thanks in advance!

Edit:
*Update*:
I had emailed the Indian Consulate here in Toronto and they were surprisingly prompt and emailed me back on a Sunday morning. The Consulate officer has confirmed that I can either retain my existing Indian address or opt to mention my Canadian address. It is my choice.

But if I change my Indian address then the proof is required. A second Canadian address is mandatory.

Hope this helps
Hi, I am applying for the same and have same question. I did check CGI frequently asked question it said to have Canadian address to be the printable one per"https://www.cgitoronto.gov.in/sampark/faq.php?id=6"
Would you mind sharing me the email address so that I can check with Consulate directly as well?
Thanks

gvinay23

Sep 12, 2022
I went to BLS Toronto in person today to submit my passport renewal documents. I had my Indian Address mentioned as the printable in the passport and they rejected it stating it should be the current Canadian address as the printable address in the passport for all PR's.

Just posting my experience since it might be helpful.

gvinay23

Sep 12, 2022
Do anyone here know what's the alternative to COPR document. I know VOS needs to be applied with CIC but anything other than that which might be acceptable. Just want to know if anyone has experience with this?

Thanks.

aryansarin

Aug 5, 2023
Hello All,

Thanks in advance!

Edit:
*Update*:

Hope this helps
Hi there,

Can you please provide indian embassy's email or phone number?
My case seems a bit complicated as my passport is expiring in 2024 May and my parents came to canada on investor visa in 2022...now whilst they're waiting for their pr, i have to apply for my passport renewal...BLS website only seems to take atleast one indian address whereas i dont have any indian family/relative left in India...everyone is out of india currently...is there any way to change this?

I'd appreciate your help.

Regards
Aryan Sarin

Sharma21069

Dec 12, 2018
I just started the passport renewal for my wife and had a query regarding adding spouse name to the passport.
Is it mandatory to add spouse name to the passport.
If we select martial status to be married it asks for spouse name to be filled in the mandotary field. The only way to skip is to put martial status as "single ".
Would be really insterested to know how other people tackled it.

p11194

Apr 21, 2023
Hello ,
i would like to have a suggestion about address in passport
i am applying for renewal of my passport , I want know If I can keep my Indian address as printable address In my passport.
I am permanent resident of canada,
please guid me
thank you