10/01/2015
Med's Done....
18/01/2015
Passport Req..
20/04/2015
VISA ISSUED...
12/05/2015
Hello All,

I am planning to apply for the renewal of my Indian Passport in Toronto with BLS. I am a PR holder.

Can I retain the existing Indian address in my new renewed passport? Or would they insist on updating it to the current Canadian Address?

On the online form, they do allow it but in BLS checklist under proof of address column they mention that for PR holders enter your current Canadian address as primary address.

I wish to retain my Indian address on the new renewed passport.

Can anyone please guide me or have gone through a similar experience with BLS? Just wanted to make sure the submission is hassle-free.

Thanks in advance!

Edit:
*Update*:
I had emailed the Indian Consulate here in Toronto and they were surprisingly prompt and emailed me back on a Sunday morning. The Consulate officer has confirmed that I can either retain my existing Indian address or opt to mention my Canadian address. It is my choice.

But if I change my Indian address then the proof is required. A second Canadian address is mandatory.

Hope this helps

Last edited:

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Hello All,

I am planning to apply for the renewal of my Indian Passport in Toronto with BLS. I am a PR holder.

Can I retain the existing Indian address in my new renewed passport? Or would they insist on updating it to the current Canadian Address?

On the online form, they do allow it but in BLS checklist under proof of address column they mention that for PR holders enter your current Canadian address as primary address.

I wish to retain my Indian address on the new renewed passport.

Can anyone please guide me or have gone through a similar experience with BLS? Just wanted to make sure the submission is hassle-free.

Thanks in advance!
While renewing i thought they i had to put the local address and renewed my son's passport but they did not ask any address proof and they were asking confirmation that they will print the address thats mentioned in the form.
So later while i renewed my passport i mentioned India address and that got printed for me.
So its your choice.

rahulneo

Star Member
Mar 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/08/2014
Med's Request
10/01/2015
Med's Done....
18/01/2015
Passport Req..
20/04/2015
VISA ISSUED...
12/05/2015
While renewing i thought they i had to put the local address and renewed my son's passport but they did not ask any address proof and they were asking confirmation that they will print the address thats mentioned in the form.
So later while i renewed my passport i mentioned India address and that got printed for me.
So its your choice.
Thanks!

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
Is there any one tell
Me. My wife is applying for passport renewal in toronto. We married in 2018 but at that time i didn’t inform immigration that i got married after few months of my marriage i got pr. Canada immigration doesnot even know that i am married . After my marriage in india we registered over there not in canada. Right now while she is applying for renewal. What should we say SINGLE or married? It will be a problem if i say married in indian passport wirh spouse name while applying citizenship.
You are in for some big misrepresentation problem. Consult with a lawyer.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Is there any one tell
Me. My wife is applying for passport renewal in toronto. We married in 2018 but at that time i didn’t inform immigration that i got married after few months of my marriage i got pr. Canada immigration doesnot even know that i am married . After my marriage in india we registered over there not in canada. Right now while she is applying for renewal. What should we say SINGLE or married? It will be a problem if i say married in indian passport wirh spouse name while applying citizenship.
Why did you do that? Now you can not sponsor your Spouse for PR. And as mentioned above this is misrepresentation. I would say India passport renewal is least of your worries. You should consult a lawyer.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Guys she is also a pr holder before marriage. We both studied here and got married both got individual pr’s
You should probably provide full information then. In any case you were required to inform IRCC about your marriage if your marriage happened before you did your PR landing. Whether she is PR or not is irrelevant to that requirement. However since she is PR there is no issue else you would not be able to sponsor her.

In any case you have already lied (by omission) to IRCC with regards to your marriage. Do you really want to lie on another government document and hide your marital status while applying for passport?

rahulneo

Star Member
Mar 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/08/2014
Med's Request
10/01/2015
Med's Done....
18/01/2015
Passport Req..
20/04/2015
VISA ISSUED...
12/05/2015
Hi i need your help. When you sent your application through courier, Did you send your all supporting documents like PR card, driver license etc. notarized? Thank you in advance.
I went to BLS office in person. They just check the original PR card and Driver license and hand it back to you. I am not sure about postal applications. Many people do it. Maybe ask in the forum. Good luck!

Shrey_Can

Mar 14, 2016
Hi. Need help. I am planning to renew my Indian passport from BLS Brampton through postal application. Do I need to submit my original PR card and driver licence? Would appreciate if someone can let me know. Thank you

gagzzz

Star Member
Jan 3, 2018
Hi Guys,

Need help.
I live in toronto with my daughter and wife as PR....I need to renew passport for my daughter(6yrs old).
While filling forms what should i fill in address fields...
Option 1 - If i give delhi address - No one lives in my delhi adddress since 3 years and how will he verification happen?
option 2 - should i give my Toronto address to be printed ?

d.jay55

Star Member
Nov 11, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi. Need help. I am planning to renew my Indian passport from BLS Brampton through postal application. Do I need to submit my original PR card and driver licence? Would appreciate if someone can let me know. Thank you
Hey, did you find out if we need to submit original PR card to BLS when sending application via Post?

saranya21

Star Member
May 21, 2018
Hello , I am submitting my application for passport renewal and I am a PR holder. As per the checklist I am required to add my Canadian address as the address to be printed in the passport. Can I retain my Indian address as the address to be printed in the passport. Does this have any other implications.? I am residing for rent in my Canadian address and it is subject to change in a few months hence I would like to retain my address in the passport.

masan

Oct 16, 2020
Hello , I am submitting my application for passport renewal and I am a PR holder. As per the checklist I am required to add my Canadian address as the address to be printed in the passport. Can I retain my Indian address as the address to be printed in the passport. Does this have any other implications.? I am residing for rent in my Canadian address and it is subject to change in a few months hence I would like to retain my address in the passport.
Can you pls advise what did you end up doing? I'm in exactly same boat now.