+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Address issue in Scotiabank GIC account

Simrat Singh

Jan 14, 2021
Hello,
I got my gic certificate and the address on it is incorrect. Uttarakhand is written as Uttarakha. Will it create problem in visa. I want to apply for my visa should i apply with same address or get it changed by contacting scotiabank. If anybody knows how to change address on gic certificate please help me .

jiosi

Star Member
Jun 2, 2019
Hello,
I got my gic certificate and the address on it is incorrect. Uttarakhand is written as Uttarakha. Will it create problem in visa. I want to apply for my visa should i apply with same address or get it changed by contacting scotiabank. If anybody knows how to change address on gic certificate please help me .
this is a minor error or the last characters are omitted due to limited space in the state/province name's field with Scotiabank's system. I don't think this will create any issues anywhere.

shisui

Feb 8, 2021
Hi , i have send my gic transfer
but my adress on passport is xxxxxxxx pincode state country

but my bank written on xxxxxxxxx this thing....they havent written pincode state and country ...

will my gic transfer will be rejected because of that???....please help anyone

Reactions: Simbha

arwindhillon

Feb 16, 2021
this is a minor error or the last characters are omitted due to limited space in the state/province name's field with Scotiabank's system. I don't think this will create any issues anywhere.
Same happened with me , i just got my GIC Certificate , but have found a typing mistake , they write "Punab" instead of "Punjab" in address section. "J" is missing. Now , i dropped a mail to their trailing mail. Let's see what will happen .

if any1 went through same issue, pls suggest.

Simbha

Mar 17, 2021
Hi , i have send my gic transfer
but my adress on passport is xxxxxxxx pincode state country

but my bank written on xxxxxxxxx this thing....they havent written pincode state and country ...

will my gic transfer will be rejected because of that???....please help anyone
BROTHER SAME IS IN MY CASE...PLEASE REPLY YOU GOT GIC CERTIFICATE OR NOT

Jun 20, 2021
I have the same problem the bank says ordering customer address provided does not match the address with the beneficiary address so what to do in that case ?

Dec 7, 2021
Same happened with me , i just got my GIC Certificate , but have found a typing mistake , they write "Punab" instead of "Punjab" in address section. "J" is missing. Now , i dropped a mail to their trailing mail. Let's see what will happen .

if any1 went through same issue, pls suggest.
I am having the same problem .There is a error of a single letter of my address in GIc cert. Just wanted to know have you got your study visa ? Or Did you suffer any problem because of this ?

Addyy1

Jan 14, 2023
Hi,
I had send the wire from India for my GIC account on 25 June. I recieved a wire rejected mail on 4 July. The reason was address mismatch. Till then, I believed that my address was same as that of my passport. The account wasn't started by me but my agency.

As per the instructions given by a customer care executive, I requested for an address change with my passport as an attachment but to my surprise they changed it again to an address which doesn't exactly match my passport.

Now when I checked with the customer care, the representative told me that they have entered a remark on my account that I had requested for an address change but due to the system limitations, they cannot update exactly as that of my passport.

Then the representative told me to send the wire with the address in my passport and it wont be rejected.

To confirm, I called the customer care after an hour. Another representative told me to wire the amount using the address that is currently in the gic account.

I am going mad and my classes are starting on 30 august. Anyone have any clue what I should do in this case?

Will the address mismatch cause rejection of the wire again. If not, then will it create problem when I am applying for study permit as both the addresses aren't exactly same.

The address in my passport is of this format:

ABCD HOUSE
EFGH PO IJKL
MNOP KERALA 123456

where ABCD HOUSE is the house name,
EFGH is the post office name PO is the short hand for Post Office,
IJKL is the city name,
MNOP is the district,
KERALA the state and 123456 the pincode

My GIC account has the following address:
ABCD HOUSE
EFGH, MNOP
IJKL
KERALA 689124
INDIA

Please shed some light into this matter. Thanks! ☺
HI there, I got my gic rejection, saying address issues but I wrote the same address as that of my passport but even though it got rejected. My question here is was it due to different address in passport and bank account. I have different address in passport and bank. What next steps shall I take. Please help

Addyy1

Jan 14, 2023
Hello, my bank address and my passport address are the same.

The only thing is in my GIC application address, It is not mentioned as near Ruparel College as landmark.

Will this cause any problem as my bank address and passport address matches perfectly.
Hello my bank address and gic address is different will there be a problem for scotia gic certificate. Plz guide me