+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Address issue in Scotiabank GIC account

Simrat Singh

Jan 14, 2021
Hello,
I got my gic certificate and the address on it is incorrect. Uttarakhand is written as Uttarakha. Will it create problem in visa. I want to apply for my visa should i apply with same address or get it changed by contacting scotiabank. If anybody knows how to change address on gic certificate please help me .

jiosi

Star Member
Jun 2, 2019
Hello,
I got my gic certificate and the address on it is incorrect. Uttarakhand is written as Uttarakha. Will it create problem in visa. I want to apply for my visa should i apply with same address or get it changed by contacting scotiabank. If anybody knows how to change address on gic certificate please help me .
this is a minor error or the last characters are omitted due to limited space in the state/province name's field with Scotiabank's system. I don't think this will create any issues anywhere.

shisui

Feb 8, 2021
Hi , i have send my gic transfer
but my adress on passport is xxxxxxxx pincode state country

but my bank written on xxxxxxxxx this thing....they havent written pincode state and country ...

will my gic transfer will be rejected because of that???....please help anyone

Reactions: Simbha

arwindhillon

Feb 16, 2021
this is a minor error or the last characters are omitted due to limited space in the state/province name's field with Scotiabank's system. I don't think this will create any issues anywhere.
Same happened with me , i just got my GIC Certificate , but have found a typing mistake , they write "Punab" instead of "Punjab" in address section. "J" is missing. Now , i dropped a mail to their trailing mail. Let's see what will happen .

if any1 went through same issue, pls suggest.

Simbha

Mar 17, 2021
Hi , i have send my gic transfer
but my adress on passport is xxxxxxxx pincode state country

but my bank written on xxxxxxxxx this thing....they havent written pincode state and country ...

will my gic transfer will be rejected because of that???....please help anyone
BROTHER SAME IS IN MY CASE...PLEASE REPLY YOU GOT GIC CERTIFICATE OR NOT

Jun 20, 2021
I have the same problem the bank says ordering customer address provided does not match the address with the beneficiary address so what to do in that case ?