+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Address History

pierrekiprov

Star Member
Apr 23, 2018
Dear All,

Could someone tell me if I need to provide any proof for my address history such as contracts for rents or registration during my education?
My registration as per my ID and passport is still in my hometown and I never really changed it. I left my hometown almost 2 years ago, before that I was studying in another city and then moved to a bigger city after my graduation.

Jaywalker

May 8, 2018
Dear All,

Could someone tell me if I need to provide any proof for my address history such as contracts for rents or registration during my education?
My registration as per my ID and passport is still in my hometown and I never really changed it. I left my hometown almost 2 years ago, before that I was studying in another city and then moved to a bigger city after my graduation.
No proof required

kapsg_88

Mar 22, 2018
Hi all, I have qstn wrt PCC address and current address provided in Address history. . I live in Noida currently and permanent address( i.e. address on passport and Aadhar) is Delhi . My parents stay on permanent address. I plan to apply the PCC with Delhi permanent address as with Noida current address PCC will take more time. Will it create any mismatch or issue as I will fill in the current address as Noida in my address history whereas PCC was issued with Delhi address proof ? Pls suggest.

polestar123

Sep 4, 2018
During my hostel days, the address has no street number as it was on road. So, what to put in the street number column?? Kindly advise

divyadharga

Oct 5, 2018
ou, I'm pretty sure you shouldn't, but reading some other threads made me slightly conf
-Yes
-Dont worry IRCC is not expecting you to reside in one place for 10 yrs :D... You can visit a PSK in Mumbai as well and check how soon can they issue a PCC...

List of docs required:

Proof of Residential Address(you can provide any of these):
https://portal1.passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/popuponline/AttachmentAdvisorSub?subDocID=7001&confirmDOB=7001

PSK Loc in Mumbai

I got invitation for express entry.
Would like to ask few question .
1. Do i need to mentioned my old passport details as well while filling the profile. This old passport has a Canada visa. new passport has been issued from Toronto.
2. Do we need to mentioned the address mentioned in passport somewhere in profile where they asked you to put 10 years old address. is it mandatory or not? My police verification is done on my permanent address in India MP but all my address mentioned here are form Maharashtra.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
I got invitation for express entry.
Would like to ask few question .
1. Do i need to mentioned my old passport details as well while filling the profile. This old passport has a Canada visa. new passport has been issued from Toronto.
2. Do we need to mentioned the address mentioned in passport somewhere in profile where they asked you to put 10 years old address. is it mandatory or not? My police verification is done on my permanent address in India MP but all my address mentioned here are form Maharashtra.
1. No

2. Not mandatory. Put the addresses you have lived in the last 10 years.

NiSn

Mar 17, 2018
Hi All,

Following is my Address & Personal History -

2006-2010 June (Education in Chandigarh and staying in College Hostel)
2010 June to 2011 Apr (Staying in a PG in gurgaon and workin in MNC in gurgaon)
2011 May to 2013 May (Staying in Ghaziabad on rent and working in Noida)
2013 June (Staying in Jalandhar - Hometown - No job)
2013 July to 2015 Mar - (Staying in Hostel, studying at institute in Delhi)
2016 Apr - Present (Bangalore staying and working)

1st question - Will I need to show any address proofs for older rented places? I dont even remember the house numbers of PG/rented accomodation in Noida. Is it ok just to put street and building names?

2nd question - I will have to mention June 2013 as unemployed and at home (this is time between starting studies and after leaving the job)

3rd Question - I am taking liberty of putting my 2006-2010 education dates as upto 29 June 2010 and then Job starting proof i have from 30 june 2010
Will this work fine? There is no exact date of ending of degree mentioned in any of the documents

4th Question - My job ends on 27 Apr 2011 and then next job starts on 2nd May 2011. How shall i show the gap in between? Is it required to be shown?

bharatr15

Nov 29, 2018
Hi,

During my last 10 yrs I was out of my country for onsite project twice. One for 2 and another 3 months. Unfortunately I no longer have the address of the hotel/suites where I stayed.

Can you please guide me what are the options I have?

anotherone11

May 8, 2018
Hi All,

Following is my Address & Personal History -

2006-2010 June (Education in Chandigarh and staying in College Hostel)
2010 June to 2011 Apr (Staying in a PG in gurgaon and workin in MNC in gurgaon)
2011 May to 2013 May (Staying in Ghaziabad on rent and working in Noida)
2013 June (Staying in Jalandhar - Hometown - No job)
2013 July to 2015 Mar - (Staying in Hostel, studying at institute in Delhi)
2016 Apr - Present (Bangalore staying and working)

1st question - Will I need to show any address proofs for older rented places? I dont even remember the house numbers of PG/rented accomodation in Noida. Is it ok just to put street and building names?

2nd question - I will have to mention June 2013 as unemployed and at home (this is time between starting studies and after leaving the job)

3rd Question - I am taking liberty of putting my 2006-2010 education dates as upto 29 June 2010 and then Job starting proof i have from 30 june 2010
Will this work fine? There is no exact date of ending of degree mentioned in any of the documents

4th Question - My job ends on 27 Apr 2011 and then next job starts on 2nd May 2011. How shall i show the gap in between? Is it required to be shown?
1. They won’t ask for address proof. If you don’t remember exactly put street name and places. That will work.

2. Yeah , put that period as unemployed

3. You can do that or you can show your courses ended in may or early June . Then one month of unemployed with home address.

4. Show it as unemployed as u were during that period.

Most important thing with personal history is that there shouldn’t be a gap of even a single day. Rest you try to answer in the beat possible manner ( as u remember )

NiSn

Mar 17, 2018
1. They won’t ask for address proof. If you don’t remember exactly put street name and places. That will work.

2. Yeah , put that period as unemployed

3. You can do that or you can show your courses ended in may or early June . Then one month of unemployed with home address.

4. Show it as unemployed as u were during that period.

Most important thing with personal history is that there shouldn’t be a gap of even a single day. Rest you try to answer in the beat possible manner ( as u remember )
Thanks for your reply

vbhar1

Jul 15, 2018
Hi All, this might be a repetition but need your help with the following scenario.
I was living in phagwara, punjab since my birth- in 2013 i moved to Pune, Maharashtra for job i was here for 3-4 months but was transferred to Chennai,Tamil Nadu for a period of 1.4 years after which i came back to pune in jan 2015 and have been living here since then at various temp addresses, my passport has the address from my home town i.e punjab.Can you please help me with the following queries:
1) Should i mention all my addresses including my stay at chennai as well, i donot have address proofs for the stay and barely remember the address as well.
2) Also for police verification would i need to get the verification done for Punjab, Maharashtra and Tamil Nadu or only from my hometown?

really appreciate your time!
Regards.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hi All, this might be a repetition but need your help with the following scenario.
I was living in phagwara, punjab since my birth- in 2013 i moved to Pune, Maharashtra for job i was here for 3-4 months but was transferred to Chennai,Tamil Nadu for a period of 1.4 years after which i came back to pune in jan 2015 and have been living here since then at various temp addresses, my passport has the address from my home town i.e punjab.Can you please help me with the following queries:
1) Should i mention all my addresses including my stay at chennai as well, i donot have address proofs for the stay and barely remember the address as well.
2) Also for police verification would i need to get the verification done for Punjab, Maharashtra and Tamil Nadu or only from my hometown?

really appreciate your time!
Regards.
1. Post ITA there is a section of address history and you are required to give address history for last 10 years.No address proof is needed so just put all the addresses.
2. Just apply your PCC from a PSK . You don't need to get it individually for each city.

Reactions: vbhar1

vbhar1

Jul 15, 2018
1. Post ITA there is a section of address history and you are required to give address history for last 10 years.No address proof is needed so just put all the addresses.
2. Just apply your PCC from a PSK . You don't need to get it individually for each city.
thank you for the reply!