+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Address history Vs Travel history - Personal

Dec 5, 2022
Hi guys, I am submitting my PR application. Lets say if i visited outside of the country for less than a month. And lets say for instance i went out from Canada to my home country on vacation for 3 weeks or so. Then in the "address history" of the application do i need to mark those vacation days with the address of the place that i lived in the home country?
Basically does my address history need to be exactly 1 to 1 with my travel history? Everytime i leave the country I need to mention where i lived outside the country?

Secondly, lets say I had a brief stint of unemployment on my PGWP, do I need to mention that on my "Personal activities" Section?

Finally, do I need to mention the coops I did as part of my undergrad on my "Personal activities" section? Right now the coops are not mentioned anywhere in my application.

Thanks!

Chasechs

Sep 11, 2019
Short travel locations should not go under the Address history section. Think of that section as locations you lived at for 6 months or more. Your vacation in another country for 3 weeks only goes into your travel history and personal history not address history. Next thing, when filling out the histories make sure there are no gaps, so if your were unemployed for 2 months, say you were unemployed. You can mention them but really the whole period you were a student regardless of how many coops you did.

Dec 5, 2022
Short travel locations should not go under the Address history section. Think of that section as locations you lived at for 6 months or more. Your vacation in another country for 3 weeks only goes into your travel history and personal history not address history. Next thing, when filling out the histories make sure there are no gaps, so if your were unemployed for 2 months, say you were unemployed. You can mention them but really the whole period you were a student regardless of how many coops you did.
Hi @Chasechs . Thank you so much for the reply.

2 more questions if you can answer them! You say I have to mention my vacation in my personal history? So if I visited Germany I have to fill that out in the personal activities section? Are you referring to personal activities when you say personal history?

also for diplomas/degrees, do they want me to upload the huge certificate that I was issued by my university on completion of my bachelors?

and do I need to get a professional headshot taken for digital photo part?

thanks

Chasechs

Sep 11, 2019
I'm almost certain that they are the same thing. When you are filling out the form, it says personal history or travel history. Not sure what the website is saying. How big is your certificate ..........a building blueprint :D:D. Most degrees are on legal size parchment paper. You can scan it. For the photo, the picture must be according to IRCC guidelines and not just any headshot.

Dec 5, 2022
I'm almost certain that they are the same thing. When you are filling out the form, it says personal history or travel history. Not sure what the website is saying. How big is your certificate ..........a building blueprint :D:D. Most degrees are on legal size parchment paper. You can scan it. For the photo, the picture must be according to IRCC guidelines and not just any headshot.
Ahhh so you meant travel history when you said personal history?

there are 4 different histories
Work history (used for CRS points)
Address history (all the different addresses)
Travel history (all the different travels out of Canada)
Personal history (all the stuff I have done like education, jobs, coops. Does this include vacations I have taken??)

Also my degree is pretty big. I can take a picture of it with my phone but it’s massive. Like A2 paper size or something.
Thanks

Chasechs

Sep 11, 2019
Ahhh so you meant travel history when you said personal history?

there are 4 different histories
Work history (used for CRS points)
Address history (all the different addresses)
Travel history (all the different travels out of Canada)
Personal history (all the stuff I have done like education, jobs, coops. Does this include vacations I have taken??)

Also my degree is pretty big. I can take a picture of it with my phone but it’s massive. Like A2 paper size or something.
Thanks
Why is the certificate so big, is there a smaller version to it? How do you even scan a A2 paper. I only said personal history or travel history just to show that it is always 'history' when completing the forms and not activities. They are two different things.