+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Address change after Submission of P.R docs!!

Richie....

Apr 15, 2015
Hello Guys,

So we are finally liberated. All the best to all!!

I have a doubt about changing address. How long do we get to submit a CSE to CIC to change address on file after we have moved.
I am in initial stages of CEC application submission( 12 days) so when do CIC need our address to mail documents to us. I am assuming it would be in the final stages.
Can I safely, not send a CSE to change address as I am not sure if I would move again in 2 months.

What would you suggest Asivad and other experts?

Cheers!
Richie

rajanvnv

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Richie.... said:
Hello Guys,

So we are finally liberated. All the best to all!!

I have a doubt about changing address. How long do we get to submit a CSE to CIC to change address on file after we have moved.
I am in initial stages of CEC application submission( 12 days) so when do CIC need our address to mail documents to us. I am assuming it would be in the final stages.
Can I safely, not send a CSE to change address as I am not sure if I would move again in 2 months.

What would you suggest Asivad and other experts?

Cheers!
Richie
My suggestion would be to notify them once you change. If the change is within the same city in the same country, then you have the luxury to notify them in leisure before the passport request. If your change is outside of your current city, then it better to notify them asap, as your passport request would be mapped to the office nearest to your newer address. I do not believe there are any physical mail communications until passport and COPR stage.

Reactions: Tophele

sunichak

Star Member
Dec 13, 2014
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I would advice you to avoid changing your address frequently. You are almost there in the process to receive your visa. Is it not possible for you to maintain it for sometime till you receive it? They have so many candidates to process and if we miss any document because of address changes, it would be difficult for us to track them. Address change once is fine... if possible, you can try to maintain it till you get your visa. This is just an advice :)

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Under EE, everything is online. Except for the last bit after PPR where you have to physically send your passport to CPC Ottawa. Recommend that you change address, if needed, when you are nearing PPR. That could be a few months in your case so no real reason to change address now.

Richie....

Apr 15, 2015
Thank you Rajan, Suni and Asivad,

I appreciate your advice.

What is PPR? How would I know that I have a PPR. I am assuming after I pass medical, background check and review of eligibility, i will get PPR.
So, I have to send passport to Ottawa, I donot get any mail from them before that.
If I am correct, I can wait till I send passport to them and then update my new address on CIC( by the way i am moving to a different city in same province, B.C).

Cheers!
Richie

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PPR is passport request, the culmination of this journey. You'll know it because CIC will send you a mail and probably update it on MyCIC as well.

You should probably change your address slightly ahead of PPR and after you've actually moved to that city. When you send them your passport, it'll be returned to the address you provide at that point in time.

Richie....

Apr 15, 2015
Thanks Asivad.

Ok, I would do that slightly ahead of PPR. Any idea when that might be. Is it right after passing background check and review of eligibility. Should I wait to clear those first.
Also, you mentioned that they would send my CIC message as well. So can I change it after sending passport off to them.

I just don't want to delay the process.

Cheers!
Richie

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PPR can take anywhere from 60 to 150 days or longer from the date of post ITA submission. Changing your address isn't linked to your application processing - it won't hasten or slow down the process no matter when you change your address.

Changing your address AFTER sending your passport to them is the riskiest option - you don't want that confusion.