+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Additional medicals Sputum Test

piyush2004

Mar 20, 2023
Hi experienced, I received further medical instruction like sputum test, chest CT scan and 2nd X-ray after first. After 4 months processing have cleared and passed the medical on GCKey waiting for ppr. please update if anyone receive PPR in the similar case. Thanks in advance.
Hi can you share your medical tests timeline.......

BellBell

Apr 24, 2023
Yes , after 2nd xray they sent my report to ircc . After 15 days I called to the hospital as I got no information for my medical passing then they asked me for CT scan.
Yes , after 2nd xray they sent my report to ircc . After 15 days I called to the hospital as I got no information for my medical passing then they asked me for CT scan.
Did you pass the exam after CT-scan?

muidex197

Apr 26, 2023
I was ask for sputum test on last thursday after my second xray and today make the second day for submitting the sample how will my results sent to ircc is it on a daily basis of sample collection or after completing the whole process

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
I was ask for sputum test on last thursday after my second xray and today make the second day for submitting the sample how will my results sent to ircc is it on a daily basis of sample collection or after completing the whole process
Results will be sent directly to IRCC. The results will be sent after the whole process complete, that is after 3 months.

muidex197

Apr 26, 2023
I am applying for canada student visa and we are to resume for may8 how will this not going to affect my class activities and lectures

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
I am applying for canada student visa and we are to resume for may8 how will this not going to affect my class activities and lectures
Unfortunately you have to wait till your medical is cleared. Immigration does not work along with the schedules of colleges and Universities and moreover the ongoing strike is also affecting processing.

ahmadalfayad

May 27, 2023
It appears as though quite a lot of us have this problem.

My classes begin on 6th September, 2023.

I performed an upfront medical check from a panel physician on 21st May, 2023 and got informed the day after that there were spots visible on my lungs X-ray. I started the 3 day sputum test on the 23nd May, 2023 and finished on 25th May, 2023.

I have a few questions:
1. What happens at the end of the 8 weeks that it takes to generate the culture report?
2. Should I apply for the student visa now? Will the application be put on hold until the medical exam is cleared?
3. How long does the process take on average after the culture report provided that the rest of the observations are normal?

mayank_cv

Jun 1, 2023
What's gonna happen after sputum result for a fact i know that there will be another x ray scan and a physician appointment so how much time will it take?? And what if my sputum result is negative and my chest still has white spots will they give me visa??

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
What's gonna happen after sputum result for a fact i know that there will be another x ray scan and a physician appointment so how much time will it take?? And what if my sputum result is negative and my chest still has white spots will they give me visa??
Another xray is done after 3 months. Then sputum and xray is again reviewed by IRCC medical panel and a decision is given. It can lead to medical surveillance.

Jun 24, 2023
It appears as though quite a lot of us have this problem.

My classes begin on 6th September, 2023.

I performed an upfront medical check from a panel physician on 21st May, 2023 and got informed the day after that there were spots visible on my lungs X-ray. I started the 3 day sputum test on the 23nd May, 2023 and finished on 25th May, 2023.

I have a few questions:
1. What happens at the end of the 8 weeks that it takes to generate the culture report?
2. Should I apply for the student visa now? Will the application be put on hold until the medical exam is cleared?
3. How long does the process take on average after the culture report provided that the rest of the observations are normal?
Hi,
I have similar situation and even same timeline! the difference is I'll be giving my Sputum test in second week of July, 2023. But I have already paid my non-refundable deposit. And my course will start on 1st September 2023. I am not sure, what I have to do now.
I'f everything goes smoothly according to timeline, I'll have my medical test with 2nd X-ray sorted by 15-20 September, 2023.
BUT - The course I have chosen, it won't have Winter Intake (Just Summer and Fall) ... because its of 2 years, so if I choose to deffer it... I'll end up with same course but in Summer 2024 (1 year would be wasted).
If I withdraw my application without filing visa, I'll loose that deposit money.

Can anyone guide me on this. FYI ..I am 99% positive that I don't have latent/Inactive TB. I had to take up a test recently (like a year ago) it came negative.

Kay bajwa

Jul 1, 2023
Hi experienced, I received further medical instruction like sputum test, chest CT scan and 2nd X-ray after first. After 4 months processing have cleared and passed the medical on GCKey waiting for ppr. please update if anyone receive PPR in the similar case. Thanks in advance.
Hey my sputum test results came negative and they took 2nd xray and ask me to consult a doctor since then i havent recieve any information its been 20 days ,can u tell me how much time they took to process your file after sputtum results

arunbaliyan

Star Member
Apr 16, 2014
Hey my sputum test results came negative and they took 2nd xray and ask me to consult a doctor since then i havent recieve any information its been 20 days ,can u tell me how much time they took to process your file after sputtum results
I could not under "Negative results" as you said "ask you to consult a doctor" are there Tuberculosis symptoms in your sputum? if not then they can take one to two more weeks.

dpresido

Aug 3, 2023
Please I need help. I did an upfront medical May 31,2023 and final sputum collection June 5th. I received a mail before applying to IRCC for Study Visa. The mail ask that I meet the physician. I called and was told I should wait for Sputum culture test. While waiting, I applied for Visa July 5th, 2023. IRÇC still send medical letter me to go for medical. I have gotten a negative sputum mail today and asked to come for another chest x ray on Sept 2nd. Am I to do a new medical based on IRCC Medical letter or just the second Chest Xray on 2nd September to conclude my visa application review?

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Please I need help. I did an upfront medical May 31,2023 and final sputum collection June 5th. I received a mail before applying to IRCC for Study Visa. The mail ask that I meet the physician. I called and was told I should wait for Sputum culture test. While waiting, I applied for Visa July 5th, 2023. IRÇC still send medical letter me to go for medical. I have gotten a negative sputum mail today and asked to come for another chest x ray on Sept 2nd. Am I to do a new medical based on IRCC Medical letter or just the second Chest Xray on 2nd September to conclude my visa application review?
You had got medical furtherance you have to wait for September xray. New medical will also show the same results.

Reactions: dpresido