+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Additional Info On Sponsor through Hong Kong

cms418

Star Member
Apr 8, 2012
Hey Guys,
My wife is Taiwanese and I am Canadian. I was approved as a sponsor through Missag. and the file was forwarded to Hong Kong. What gets forwarded? My info as well or not? Because... I had a letter from my family explaining that I would be able to return to Canada to work on the family farm. In addition to this I sent a letter of acceptance for me from UBC into a real estate appraiser course.

Now, in HK they are saying that they need more proof of my intention to live in Canada. My question, did HK not see these letters from the family and the University? Do they not get forwarded?

Best

Fencesitter

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 13, 2012
AOR Received.
AOR2 July 25, 2012
File Transfer...
July 13, 2012
Med's Done....
Mar 1, 2012
Interview........
WAIVED!
Passport Req..
Aug 28, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 24, 2012
LANDED..........
Jan 30, 2013
What exactly did you supply as proof of your intention to reside in Canada?

Did you write a persuasive essay detailing your intentions?

Do you and your wife have any children?

FS

I'm seriously concerned that this is going to be a problem...what does the VO expect? It's impossible to give concrete proof because we are living outside Canada...the best we can do is try to provide some of what is listed on IMM5540 Q11.

I provided, at least what I thought, was a lot of proof...now I don't know. Damn!!! I am soo worried...

cms418

Star Member
Apr 8, 2012
Fencesitter said:
What exactly did you supply as proof of your intention to reside in Canada?

Did you write a persuasive essay detailing your intentions?

Do you and your wife have any children?

FS

I'm seriously concerned that this is going to be a problem...what does the VO expect? It's impossible to give concrete proof because we are living outside Canada...the best we can do is try to provide some of what is listed on IMM5540 Q11.

I provided, at least what I thought, was a lot of proof...now I don't know. Damn!!! I am soo worried...
I provided an email copy acceptance letter from University of British Columbia and a letter from my Dad's corporation stating that I can work on the farm and study.

Fencesitter

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 13, 2012
AOR Received.
AOR2 July 25, 2012
File Transfer...
July 13, 2012
Med's Done....
Mar 1, 2012
Interview........
WAIVED!
Passport Req..
Aug 28, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 24, 2012
LANDED..........
Jan 30, 2013
Maybe it is specifically because it was a letter from family regarding employment? Perhaps the VO doesn't think this is real?

Anything about your living arrangements? What about children?

I have no idea what gets forwarded. In this case I would write a letter asking if they saw your original proof. I'd send it again, along with additional proof...like airline tickets...or something else more concrete...

I provided a lot of stuff:

1. Employment offer
2. Printed e-mails with the Royal Bank and Bank of Montreal enquiring about mortgages
3. Printed e-mails with realty companies
4. Letter from my parents stating I can stay with them until I sort out our housing
5. A 4 page essay detailing everything we plan to do when we return (including where we intend to send our son to school)...I think I wrote a fairly detailed account...

I hope more senior members of the forum can help out with this...because this seems to be something that could really cause problems for folks applying outland.

FS

cms418

Star Member
Apr 8, 2012
Fencesitter said:
Maybe it is specifically because it was a letter from family regarding employment? Perhaps the VO doesn't think this is real?

Anything about your living arrangements? What about children?

I have no idea what gets forwarded. In this case I would write a letter asking if they saw your original proof. I'd send it again, along with additional proof...like airline tickets...or something else more concrete...

I provided a lot of stuff:

1. Employment offer
2. Printed e-mails with the Royal Bank and Bank of Montreal enquiring about mortgages
3. Printed e-mails with realty companies
4. Letter from my parents stating I can stay with them until I sort out our housing
5. A 4 page essay detailing everything we plan to do when we return (including where we intend to send our son to school)...I think I wrote a fairly detailed account...

I hope more senior members of the forum can help out with this...because this seems to be something that could really cause problems for folks applying outland.

FS
I think I will just provide a richer explanation. I only explained myself in the box provided in 5540. We have no kids..

Fencesitter

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 13, 2012
AOR Received.
AOR2 July 25, 2012
File Transfer...
July 13, 2012
Med's Done....
Mar 1, 2012
Interview........
WAIVED!
Passport Req..
Aug 28, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 24, 2012
LANDED..........
Jan 30, 2013
Definitely! Write a very long account of everything you plan to do to re-establish yourself in Canada.

For most of the questions on IMM5540, I added additional sheets of paper with more detailed information.

Cover every possible thing you can think of...do some searching and find out what is recommended for new arrivals to take care of in the first weeks of landing...use that and tailor it to your situation.

Did you provide proof of travel - tickets?

If they ask me for more information, I'm going to buy our tickets...I might even return to Canada...I'm not going to let this cause our plans to be spoiled...so silly, but I'll do anything to get home with my wife and son...staying in China is not an option for the long term...and I am not getting any younger!!

Did the VO threaten to refuse your wife's PR visa?????

FS

Fencesitter

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 13, 2012
AOR Received.
AOR2 July 25, 2012
File Transfer...
July 13, 2012
Med's Done....
Mar 1, 2012
Interview........
WAIVED!
Passport Req..
Aug 28, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 24, 2012
LANDED..........
Jan 30, 2013
How did the VO contact you? E-mail? Snail mail?

What was in the letter from the VO, specifically?

Any threats to refuse your wife's PR?

Just reply as instructed...or did they not bother to tell you where to send the additional info??

FS

cms418

Star Member
Apr 8, 2012
I didn't provide tickets because I don't know when we can go. I could return to Canada and get a job tomorrow (not to sound cocky) but that kind of defeats the whole purpose of going together!

cms418

Star Member
Apr 8, 2012
Just a letter was inside and it came through snail mail. No threats, a decision will be made if I dont respond in 45 days on the info they have.

They dont say where to send either, just the address is on the bottom of the letter.....

Fencesitter

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 13, 2012
AOR Received.
AOR2 July 25, 2012
File Transfer...
July 13, 2012
Med's Done....
Mar 1, 2012
Interview........
WAIVED!
Passport Req..
Aug 28, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 24, 2012
LANDED..........
Jan 30, 2013
Reply using the address at the bottom...I'd also send an e-mail explaining the situation and asking for confirmation on where to send the additional info...

Was the interview waived for your wife? Can you provide your timeline?

Good luck! I hope you are successful!

FS

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cms418 said:
I didn't provide tickets because I don't know when we can go. I could return to Canada and get a job tomorrow (not to sound cocky) but that kind of defeats the whole purpose of going together!
That makes sense. No need to buy tickets. I would just write a letter explaining your intent to move more in detail and things you have explained in this thread so far such as
- want to move together with my spouse
- will live with family and work on family farm while I attend real estate appraiser course
- want to move together back to Canada and while I could go first we value doing it together
And detail out a bit more of what your plans are to move away from your current home and agreements you and your wife have on what you'll have to do to show you've thought about it. You can then ask them to clarify their concerns so that they can come back to you if there's something specific they are worried about that you missed.

Consider sending it through case specific inquiry on the CIC web site electronically.

Good luck!

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
cms418 said:
Now, in HK they are saying that they need more proof of my intention to live in Canada. My question, did HK not see these letters from the family and the University? Do they not get forwarded?
They got the letters. Everything in the sponsor's application is sent together with the applicant's application to the visa office.
They just want more evidence. I'd include copies of the two things you already sent just in case they've been mislaid, and then all other proof you can think of. Fencesitter has some good suggestions.

cms418

Star Member
Apr 8, 2012
OhCanadiana said:
That makes sense. No need to buy tickets. I would just write a letter explaining your intent to move more in detail and things you have explained in this thread so far such as
- want to move together with my spouse
- will live with family and work on family farm while I attend real estate appraiser course
- want to move together back to Canada and while I could go first we value doing it together
And detail out a bit more of what your plans are to move away from your current home and agreements you and your wife have on what you'll have to do to show you've thought about it. You can then ask them to clarify their concerns so that they can come back to you if there's something specific they are worried about that you missed.

Consider sending it through case specific inquiry on the CIC web site electronically.

Good luck!
Have you ever sent info this way?