+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Additional Family Information [IMM 5406] QUESTION

Vijay284

May 17, 2017
Dear all ,

i need help , My brother moved Toronto for study before 6 month. after nomination When i filled Paper base CIC forms (Before 3 Month), i forgot to change details that he is in Canada.

In my family information form i mentioned my current address for my brother. I got mail by CIC that your file was transferred to your local Visa Office.

Please guide me what should i do ? Shall i inform my visa office that i forget to change the address just because i copy paste form from the PNP folder which i already submitted at the time of PNP opening, and if i do then that will delay process ? As its paper base application !

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Dear all ,

i need help , My brother moved Toronto for study before 6 month. after nomination When i filled Paper base CIC forms (Before 3 Month), i forgot to change details that he is in Canada.

In my family information form i mentioned my current address for my brother. I got mail by CIC that your file was transferred to your local Visa Office.

Please guide me what should i do ? Shall i inform my visa office that i forget to change the address just because i copy paste form from the PNP folder which i already submitted at the time of PNP opening, and if i do then that will delay process ? As its paper base application !
You don't need to update your brother's address.

wajeih

May 16, 2015
Colombia
Category........
QSW
Hello,

I have the same issue, I have just received a response from CIC saying "For the Additional Family Information (IMM5406) form you must complete the required fields for all applicable family members." As I understood from the comments above that the sponsor also needs to fill out this application and send it. My question when the sponsor fills this application it is written in this application next to the name "Applicant". Is it fine to write the sponsor's name next in the applicant area?

Thanks

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello,

I have the same issue, I have just received a response from CIC saying "For the Additional Family Information (IMM5406) form you must complete the required fields for all applicable family members." As I understood from the comments above that the sponsor also needs to fill out this application and send it. My question when the sponsor fills this application it is written in this application next to the name "Applicant". Is it fine to write the sponsor's name next in the applicant area?

Thanks
The sponsor does not fill out IMM5406. It is an applicant form only.

Reactions: Nad1017 and wajeih

nadernadeem

Aug 1, 2017
Saudi Arabia
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-10-2017
Regarding Schedule 4 form, I am applying for SINP. I haven't submitted the application yet. However schedule 4 form is required to be filled in order to submit my application to SINP, so technically no provincial government has nominated me yet, i am filling the form in order to submit the application and get nomination. So what should I fill in question 3 of the scheduled 4 ?

nadernadeem

Aug 1, 2017
Saudi Arabia
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-10-2017
I am applying for SINP. Regarding Schedule A: Background/Declaration, it s mentioned in the checklist that there should be form for each of principal applicant and spouse and any dependents of 18 years or more However, in SINP I am not able to add another form for my spouse, there is no such option for that

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I am applying for SINP. Regarding Schedule A: Background/Declaration, it s mentioned in the checklist that there should be form for each of principal applicant and spouse and any dependents of 18 years or more However, in SINP I am not able to add another form for my spouse, there is no such option for that
This is the Family Class section of the forum. Post in the PNP section.

Jul 20, 2014
Good day,
I am a bit confused as everyone with IMM5406, section A. my mom is sponsoring me, so would she be the Applicant or would I be the applicant being that I am 20 and a dependent child? Also for section B and C, if my mom should fill this form, would she includes her siblings or would she includes mine( I am the only child of my mom) but I got a brother on my dad side and would she sign it or I should be the one who signs it?

Elohim

Star Member
Dec 1, 2016
Good day,
I am a bit confused as everyone with IMM5406, section A. my mom is sponsoring me, so would she be the Applicant or would I be the applicant being that I am 20 and a dependent child? Also for section B and C, if my mom should fill this form, would she includes her siblings or would she includes mine( I am the only child of my mom) but I got a brother on my dad side and would she sign it or I should be the one who signs it?
In this Case, YOU are the APPLICANT, your mom IS THE SPONSOR and you should write all the names of your sisters, brothers,father and any children if applicable. You are the one to sign

Reactions: romario fearon

Alexpq14

May 5, 2018
Hello,

This IMM5406 is really confusing.

Me, my wife, which is the main applicant, and our daughter are applying for the PR.

So, my wife needs to fill one IMM5406, I need to fill one too and our daughter doesn't because she is under 18.

Well, in my wife's form she writes her name in the first field of section A, "applicant". Until here is fine.

Now, as I need to fill up an IMM5406 too, where should I write my name? I'm not the "applicant".

To get way more complicated, I have a son (my wife's stepson) who is 19yrs old and will not immigrate to Canada. But as written in the guide that even dependent members aged 18 or over whether accompanying you to Canada or not must fill a form, where he should write his name?? And he lives in Brazil, should I email the form for him to sign??

Please give me some light!!! Thanks.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello,

This IMM5406 is really confusing.

Me, my wife, which is the main applicant, and our daughter are applying for the PR.

So, my wife needs to fill one IMM5406, I need to fill one too and our daughter doesn't because she is under 18.

Well, in my wife's form she writes her name in the first field of section A, "applicant". Until here is fine.

Now, as I need to fill up an IMM5406 too, where should I write my name? I'm not the "applicant".

To get way more complicated, I have a son (my wife's stepson) who is 19yrs old and will not immigrate to Canada. But as written in the guide that even dependent members aged 18 or over whether accompanying you to Canada or not must fill a form, where he should write his name?? And he lives in Brazil, should I email the form for him to sign??

Please give me some light!!! Thanks.
You are also an applicant.

Your son must be fully included in the application as a dependent. He must fill out the applicable forms, have a medical and submit PCCs.

Alexpq14

May 5, 2018
You are also an applicant.

Your son must be fully included in the application as a dependent. He must fill out the applicable forms, have a medical and submit PCCs.
So, In my form, I write my name in the "applicant" field and my son who won't immigrate does the same on his?

Bhane

May 8, 2018
Hi ALL,

I am applying for my Spouse. Just want one information.

Do the family members of the application/ sponsor has to go for PCC.

is this needs to be attached?

Thanks