+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Additional Family Information [IMM 5406] QUESTION

shronak

Full Member
Oct 20, 2012
43
1
Category........
Visa Office......
Tel-Aviv
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2012
AOR Received.
3-12-2012
File Transfer...
5-12-2012
Passport Req..
21-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
04-02-2013
LANDED..........
Hopfully 21-03-2013
brightredscream said:
I am my husband's sponsor, a Canadian citizen. We have no children or dependents.
What do we do with this form?
Your spouse and you should fill it. Just reader the istructions in the guide.
The guide (3999 - there is a link in one of the above posts I can't add a link yet :-[) has explanations exactly who should fill it and what should be in each section.
I found it very helpfull.
 

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
4,905
143
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
shronak said:
Your spouse and you should fill it. Just reader the istructions in the guide.
The guide (3999 - there is a link in one of the above posts I can't add a link yet :-[) has explanations exactly who should fill it and what should be in each section.
I found it very helpfull.
I love the guides - great suggestion! +1 for you shronak! Here is the link:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/3999Etoc.asp
 

mree6701

Member
Nov 16, 2011
10
0
Hi! pls enlighten me

in filling out IMM 5406 in the perspective of an 18 yr old dependant, should he place his name under APPLICANT? sorry to bother but i am really confused

thank you for the help
 

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
2,483
68
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2014/June 10th 2014 application complete
Doc's Request.
09 June 2014 same doc's requested again 6th Oct 2014. docs not needed again mistake by cic
AOR Received.
sponsorship approval 05 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
in process 18th July 2015/ DM 5/12/2015
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
mree6701 said:
Hi! pls enlighten me

in filling out IMM 5406 in the perspective of an 18 yr old dependant, should he place his name under APPLICANT? sorry to bother but i am really confused

thank you for the help
No he is not the applicant ... and you are not a bother :)
 

shinigamifall

Newbie
Jun 9, 2014
5
0
Creampop said:
No only she should fill out this form, your are her common-law husband and she should list you as such but, you are already a Canadian Citizen or Canadian PR and not required to fill it out. When I filled it out I included my husband he is a Canadian Citizen he did not fill out a form for himself... My oldest son, 24, married, with children of his own, I included him but, since he was not dependent he was not required to fill it out. anyways the trick in what they have stated is... the highlighted section below... how can you accompany her? your already here which means, the government knows all they need to know about you :eek:
Hi, I am currently applying for PR application under CEC. I am filling out Additional Family Info and Background declaration for myself as the applicant. It says spouse (whether accompanying you or not) will also have to fill out. But my spouse is Canadian Citizen. Should he also fill out the above mentioned forms as well? I am confused!
 

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
1,598
36
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
shinigamifall said:
Hi, I am currently applying for PR application under CEC. I am filling out Additional Family Info and Background declaration for myself as the applicant. It says spouse (whether accompanying you or not) will also have to fill out. But my spouse is Canadian Citizen. Should he also fill out the above mentioned forms as well? I am confused!
No, she doesn't have to fill out the forms. These are general forms used for all processes, and so sometimes the instructions written aren't exactly meant for spousal sponsorship. Since your wife is sponsoring you, she doesn't fill out this form.
 

LeoKogan

Newbie
Dec 3, 2016
1
0
Hello,
I am sponsoring my Father under member of a family class
All my brothers and sisters need to fill out the IMM5406? or just my dad and me?

Thanks

LEO
 

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
6,207
274
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Your father has to fill it out. If he is married, his wife also has to fill one out, even if she is not immigrating.
Your father must list his children, and all of his siblings. If any are deceased, list them anyway, and indicate that they are deceased.
You do not need to fill one out (assuming you are a Canadian PR or citizen).
If your father has dependent children over the age of 18, they have to fill one out too.
 

sunny_guyed

Hero Member
Jul 5, 2016
201
17
Hello,

I am a bit confused with the IMM 5406 additional family member form. If I am submitting the application for myself at this time, do I still need to fill this form out and submit along with my application or not? I do not have any family members that would like to apply for and/or submit his/her application at this moment... It is only me and I am the only who will be submitting the application. Thanks
 

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
6,207
274
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Yes, you submit this form. List everyone they ask for: spouse, parents, children, siblings. It does not matter if these people want to immigrate or not. This is just background info for CIC.
 

Screenager

Hero Member
May 25, 2012
625
127
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chipits said:
Oh dear...

I didn't fill out a 5406 for myself (the sponsor). Is our application going to be sent back as incomplete? Should I fill one out and send it to Mississauga now? (I don't have an AOR yet, and so no UCI number of anything)
The sponsor does not fill "Additional Family Information" form.
 

sunny_guyed

Hero Member
Jul 5, 2016
201
17
canadianwoman said:
Yes, you submit this form. List everyone they ask for: spouse, parents, children, siblings. It does not matter if these people want to immigrate or not. This is just background info for CIC.

Damn, I just submitted my application. In that form, I put everywhere Not Applicable except the space for a principal applicant i.e. myself :'( I did not include any of my siblings, parents, and I am all single man so now spouse...

Now my application will be rejected because of that?.... :-\ :'( :'(
 

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
31,596
7,111
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
sunny_guyed said:
Damn, I just submitted my application. In that form, I put everywhere Not Applicable except the space for a principal applicant i.e. myself :'( I did not include any of my siblings, parents, and I am all single man so now spouse...

Now my application will be rejected because of that?.... :-\ :'( :'(
You submitted an incomplete application, so yes, your application will most likely be refused.

This section of the forum is for Family Class apps. Post in the EE section of the forum.
 

sunny_guyed

Hero Member
Jul 5, 2016
201
17
canuck_in_uk said:
You submitted an incomplete application, so yes, your application will most likely be refused.

This section of the forum is for Family Class apps. Post in the EE section of the forum.

No, I was applying using one of provincial nominee programs, Sorry about the confusion.