+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Additional family information form - imm5406

Discussion in 'Family Class Sponsorship' started by DIDI2019, Jun 12, 2019.

  1. Hello guys,

    Could someone help me to understand to fill this form (imm5406e).
    I am sponsoring my husband in Canada class and he needs to fill this form out. We have a son who is 10 years old and he was born in Canada. This is where we got confused in SECTION B of this form. Should we list our son in SECTION B?

    My guess is that we need to add our son in SECTION B (imm5406e).

    Thank you :)
  2. Yes you have to..
  3. Great thank you for your reply.
    I do have one more question now regarding SECTION A:
    SECTION A states that principal applicant in my case (my husband) their spouse or common law partners (if applicable) and all dependent children 18+ must complete their own copy of this form.
    Is this mean that I as his wife need to complete this form too. So in total we will have two same forms one fill by my husband and signed and another one fill by me and signed.

    Again my guess is that only my husband needs to fill this form???!!!!!

    Thank you :)
  4. #4 Krissh2179, Jun 12, 2019 at 7:11 AM
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
    Only the Principal applicant fills the form and signs. He mentions you the sponsor as his wife in Section A. Cross out whatever is not applicable and write N/A. Do mention your son too. Also just a tip, when you fill out the addresses, make sure you write the postal code as well as the Country’s name too. Applications have been returned in the past for such small errors, and under marital status write Married-‘Physically Present’ for both you and your husband. Write down all 3 of your names in native tongue if its not English.

    Edit: Native Tongue as well as English.
  5. Only the principal applicant will fill this form

  6. Thank you for your help this is good information to know. Thank you :)
    Krissh2179 likes this.

Share This Page