Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Re: "Additional family information": Siblings with a conviction?

[quote author=jhw]
For Canadian Experience Class,
1. does only the applicant fill out IMM 5406? Or does the spouse fill out one as well?
2. do we list all siblings? My husband has several brothers and sisters, some of whom may have gone to jail at one point or another.
3. IF we have to list all siblings, then on Schedule 1, background information IMM0008, when it says, "Have you or any of your family members listed in your application....been convicted of or currently awaiting charges...." does this mean you have to say whether your siblings have charges against them? Because you list them in the other form?
[/quote]
1. Only the applicant (if the spouse is a Canadian citizen already).
2. The applicant lists all siblings on the IMM 5406. Don't try to hide anything, because if CIC finds out he lied, he could be banned for misrepresentation.
3. For IMM 0008, 'family members' means only the spouse/partner and dependent children. His siblings are not considered to be 'listed in the application' - here 'listed in the application' means being part of the application to immigrate to Canada. So he does not have to disclose that his siblings have charges against them.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Re: "Additional family information": Siblings with a conviction?

Hi

jhw said:
For Canadian Experience Class,
1. does only the applicant fill out IMM 5406? Or does the spouse fill out one as well?
2. do we list all siblings? My husband has several brothers and sisters, some of whom may have gone to jail at one point or another.
3. IF we have to list all siblings, then on Schedule 1, background information IMM0008, when it says, "Have you or any of your family members listed in your application....been convicted of or currently awaiting charges...." does this mean you have to say whether your siblings have charges against them? Because you list them in the other form?

Any help appreciated, as this is confusing!
1. Go back re-read the forms. On the IMM 5406 you complete one as applicant,
2. Yes you do. read the form. CIC doesn't care if your relatives are in Jail, just wants them listed.
3. FAMILY MEMBERS are the persons included in the APPLICATION, you as the applicant and any children you have that are not Canadian are the only Family members. All the others are relatives.

mittens

Star Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2011
Med's Done....
20-04-2011
i have a quick query...

does my 21 yr old daughter have to fill one of these forms out out too?
am applying under family class
wife, canadian is sponsoring me
we are from UK
thanks in advance!

mittens

Star Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2011
Med's Done....
20-04-2011
ok the answer is yes she does
have now found that instruction in the document checklist-immigrant

mittens

Star Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2011
Med's Done....
20-04-2011
however, where does she fill her details in?
section a does not have a box applicable to her?
please help asap

i really really need a tim hortons to help me, but as i'm 3535 miles away from where i shoul dbe i shall have to drink my cup of tea instead heh

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
She fills out a complete form of her own - just photocopy yours or download a second copy.

mittens

Star Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2011
Med's Done....
20-04-2011
hi canadian woman, yes i have a form for my daughter but how does she proceed to fill in section A?

she is not the applicant (i am)
she is not the spouse of the applicant, she is my daughter
and then there are only 2 other options
mother
and
father

can't fathom which part of section A is relevant to her?
she has signed off section B and filled in section C with details of her siblings,

MDSB

Feb 16, 2011
Scotland
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2011
AOR Received.
28-07-2011
File Transfer...
13-07-2011
Med's Done....
16-05-2011
Passport Req..
07-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
31-10-2011
I have a question too... I understand what "family" means however my parents are divorced (from each other) and both have remarried... do I just put my mother and fathers details on the form or do I need to add their spouses as well - and if so, where? The reason why I am asking is because the form asks you to supply details of half and step brothers and sisters and so it seems strange that they don't ask for step parents...
Also, for marital status for my parents would I put them down as "Married", "Divorced" or "Remarried"...

I'm probably just making things over complicated for myself but really just want to get it right. Any advice would be greatly apprciated,

Thanks ???

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
mittens said:
hi canadian woman, yes i have a form for my daughter but how does she proceed to fill in section A?

she is not the applicant (i am)
she is not the spouse of the applicant, she is my daughter
and then there are only 2 other options
mother
and
father

can't fathom which part of section A is relevant to her?
she has signed off section B and filled in section C with details of her siblings,
Mmh, I see what you mean now. Maybe have her fill out the "applicant" part with her name. When she puts you and your spouse down as her mother and father, the visa officer will see what's what. PMM? rjessome?

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
MDSB said:
I have a question too... I understand what "family" means however my parents are divorced (from each other) and both have remarried... do I just put my mother and fathers details on the form or do I need to add their spouses as well - and if so, where? The reason why I am asking is because the form asks you to supply details of half and step brothers and sisters and so it seems strange that they don't ask for step parents...
Also, for marital status for my parents would I put them down as "Married", "Divorced" or "Remarried"...
I'd put your own father and mother in the blanks provided, put their marital status as 'remarried' ('married' would most likely be OK too), and then attach a separate sheet of paper explaining they are divorced from each other, have remarried, and then give the relevant details of your step-parents.

mittens

Star Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2011
Med's Done....
20-04-2011
thanks canadian woman, you're always so helpful!!
pmm or rjessome?
anyone know what my daughter should fill in under section A please?

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mittens said:
thanks canadian woman, you're always so helpful!!
pmm or rjessome?
anyone know what my daughter should fill in under section A please?
I replied to your PM. Your daughter can fill it is as if she was the applicant. I know it's confusing but this will work.

mittens

Star Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2011
Med's Done....
20-04-2011