+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Additional Documents Request

vinitmenon

Nov 1, 2012
hi all

I was requested additional documents including birth certificate and additional proof of relationship. I can email or upload online (limit 3.5mb) or send a courier (not time effective).

With the amount of photos and documents i am sure it will be more than 3.5 mbs. My question 1) can i have multiple uploads? Different batches of uploads.

2) if i email how can i know if i send them 10-20 mb attachment in an email and that they will actually receive that big attachment? Some servers limit attachment size. Or can i send multiple emails?

Thanks a lot.

Western Mountain Man

Nov 2, 2018
Canada
hi all

I was requested additional documents including birth certificate and additional proof of relationship. I can email or upload online (limit 3.5mb) or send a courier (not time effective).

With the amount of photos and documents i am sure it will be more than 3.5 mbs. My question 1) can i have multiple uploads? Different batches of uploads.

2) if i email how can i know if i send them 10-20 mb attachment in an email and that they will actually receive that big attachment? Some servers limit attachment size. Or can i send multiple emails?

Thanks a lot.
I wouldn't send multiple batches. Some may get lost or create confusion and you will not know. Too risky!
Pay the extra money and use Fedex. They are fast and efficient. Get a tracking number
and send the additional documents requested. Don't use DHL or other inferior couriers.

If you decide to use Webform to the local VO office I think the limit is 5mb so you will have to be careful
with the file attachement. If you shrink it too much it may not be legible.

If you feel you have enough time then consider sending the package through Fedex and also use
webform message showing the tracking number and stating the additional documents are on the way.

Just a suggestion
Good Luck

CecDec2013

Star Member
Sep 3, 2014
hi all

Thanks a lot.
I am in same boat as you are, I got request on 27th march. I send all documents via email on 31st march around 10 attachments - 18.5MB. In letter says for fast process send via email.

I haven't heard any thing from them yet or change in status online. Via web form and online document upload have limit of 3.5MB. even I compress all the file to 3.4mb. still not able to send it via webform.

So I am hoping the email I sent is good and in couple of days status might change to document revirew.

IS you file in Mississauga? and do you know the address for sending documents?

Thanks for the question

vinitmenon

Nov 1, 2012
I am in same boat as you are, I got request on 27th march. I send all documents via email on 31st march around 10 attachments - 18.5MB. In letter says for fast process send via email.

I haven't heard any thing from them yet or change in status online. Via web form and online document upload have limit of 3.5MB. even I compress all the file to 3.4mb. still not able to send it via webform.

So I am hoping the email I sent is good and in couple of days status might change to document revirew.

Thanks for the question
Yes its in Mississauga. This is the address on the letter they sent:

CPC Mississauga - FCPAPR PO BOX 6100, Station A Mississauga, ON L5A 4H4

Sharukh khan

Jan 14, 2019

Thanks for the question
I have send additional documents on 27 march via email they provide still no update on online system i hope they received it and they change to review
Really worried

cara269

Mar 23, 2018
Ontario
Category........
FAM
I sent my additional documents tru email 8 in total 6/7 mb each to the Mississauga email (CPC.inland) and my gckey 3 columns open up for additional documents 4 mb each same as email to make sure they received , within 2 days the immigration officer called me “no caller ID” for one simple other document during the call , I asked her if she received both email and gckey ,yes was her answer and the next day I got DM .

So email is the fastest way

CecDec2013

Star Member
Sep 3, 2014
I sent my additional documents tru email 8 in total 6/7 mb each to the Mississauga email (CPC.inland) and my gckey 3 columns open up for additional documents 4 mb each same as email to make sure they received , within 2 days the immigration officer called me “no caller ID” for one simple other document during the call , I asked her if she received both email and gckey ,yes was her answer and the next day I got DM .

So email is the fastest way

Thank you for your answer I guess today is just 2nd business day. will wait couple and see if any update. I think someone else send through email on 25th and his changed to review too. so fully soon they will start reviewing those documents.

CecDec2013

Star Member
Sep 3, 2014
I uploaded pdf on CIC and now it says "Review of additional documents - The additional documents you provided have been uploaded"