+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Additional Documents request letter from IRCC

Princes Queen

Star Member
May 13, 2019
Hi @legalfalcon can you please comment on my query? After about 8 months of processing got additional documents request (we need your copy of updated passport). Please note that few weeks ago I submitted my resume as additional documents too. My passport is expiring within this month so IRCC sent me letter with the wording shown below.
''This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order for us to continue the review of your application, we require the following document:
Copy of a valid Passport: Passport must be valid at the time of visa issuance. We note that the passport we currently have on file for you will expire soon. Please send a copy of a new/updated passport. Your visa cannot be issued until receipt of the requested copy of a valid passport.
I confused for two things (1) In order for us to continue the review of your application, to me it seems that application is still under process and not finalized. (2) Your visa cannot be issued until receipt of the requested copy of a valid passport, I am not sure if my application is ready for visa because I did not even received a portal email.
What should I expect from this ADR letter? Anytime soon portal email? Does it a generic request letter to everyone with same wording? Thanks for your response in advance!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon can you please comment on my query? After about 8 months of processing got additional documents request (we need your copy of updated passport). Please note that few weeks ago I submitted my resume as additional documents too. My passport is expiring within this month so IRCC sent me letter with the wording shown below.
''This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order for us to continue the review of your application, we require the following document:
Copy of a valid Passport: Passport must be valid at the time of visa issuance. We note that the passport we currently have on file for you will expire soon. Please send a copy of a new/updated passport. Your visa cannot be issued until receipt of the requested copy of a valid passport.
I confused for two things (1) In order for us to continue the review of your application, to me it seems that application is still under process and not finalized. (2) Your visa cannot be issued until receipt of the requested copy of a valid passport, I am not sure if my application is ready for visa because I did not even received a portal email.
What should I expect from this ADR letter? Anytime soon portal email? Does it a generic request letter to everyone with same wording? Thanks for your response in advance!

1. Until you get a decision on your application the application remains under process.

2. IRCC is asking you for a new passport so that they can issue you a visa.

If you are in Canada, then you should expect a decision soon. However, you should have renewed your passport and update it with IRCC.

Reactions: Princes Queen

Princes Queen

Star Member
May 13, 2019
1. Until you get a decision on your application the application remains under process.

2. IRCC is asking you for a new passport so that they can issue you a visa.

If you are in Canada, then you should expect a decision soon. However, you should have renewed your passport and update it with IRCC.
@legalfalcon Thank you so much for your kind response. I have renewed my passport and sent to IRCC. Stay blessed!

Reactions: legalfalcon

Princes Queen

Star Member
May 13, 2019
Hi @legalfalcon I am PNP applicant. My nomination is without any restrictions. But as general conditions of nomination I should have to inform PNP about any change in my employment. I lost job in March 2021 and after that I applied for many jobs and appeared in interviews but did not get any call for joining. After loosing job I did not informed PNP and now I got my eCOPR. My query if I inform now would it cause any trouble for my PR? Thanks for your response!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon I am PNP applicant. My nomination is without any restrictions. But as general conditions of nomination I should have to inform PNP about any change in my employment. I lost job in March 2021 and after that I applied for many jobs and appeared in interviews but did not get any call for joining. After loosing job I did not informed PNP and now I got my eCOPR. My query if I inform now would it cause any trouble for my PR? Thanks for your response!
If you already received the eCOPR you are a PR. Your application is closed.

If you inform the Province now, based on the Province and the rules, they may report you to IRCC. However, it depends on the Province, the Provincial immigration laws under which you were given the nomination, any responsibility you had to report a change of employment etc.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon Thanks for your time and response! I will not inform to province since I already received eCOPR. But Will it cause any issue at the time of Citizenship application?
I do not see any concerns. However, read the provincial regulations and your responsibility if you were required to inform of loss of job.

If not, no need to be worried.

yevgenygromov

Nov 4, 2021
250 Federal Skilled Trades candidates have been invited to apply for Canadian permanent residence in the 159th Express Entry draw on August 6th, 2020. Invitations were issued to candidates in the Federal Skilled Trades (FST) stream of the Express Entry system only. The minimum CRS cut-off score for this draw was 415.

Hello, world I am one of the recipients of this ITA.

FST outland applicant.
AOR is September 2020.
Second medical September 2021.
I got an email last month asking for an updated certificate of qualification (as it expired during the application processing) and another letter from a Canadian company where I would be employed. The latter is puzzling because I never got an offer from a Canadian company. The requirements for the FST program is Canadian job offer OR a certificate of qualification. Can anyone shed some light on why they would ask for that Canadian company letter as no where in my application I would have stated that?

Hmya

Nov 2, 2021
I received a letter to submit a resume of brief education, qualification and experience. Why they asked .any one have experience this pls reply.

gilbert2go

May 1, 2023
Hello everyone,
Please I don't know if anyone can update me on REQUEST LETTER from ircc.
I received a request letter in my dashboard asking me to send a copy of a valid passport as the last passporti used has expired, I sent the document requested. Please I want to ask if anyone has idea of how long it takes to get a final decision after sending the additional document requested by ircc

Afterglow

Star Member
May 21, 2023
@legalfalcon
Submitted my WP application on 10 March based on SINP nomination. I received ADR for WP and Bio payment on 20 March. I paid and uploaded via GCKey on the same day. ADR has been under review ever since. How long do I wait until it’s reviewed? Will it ever change until I receive PPR? I am just waiting for PPR now. Eligibility started on 13 April and BGC started 10 March. please respond

Raptor33

May 10, 2020
@legalfalcon
Submitted my WP application on 10 March based on SINP nomination. I received ADR for WP and Bio payment on 20 March. I paid and uploaded via GCKey on the same day. ADR has been under review ever since. How long do I wait until it’s reviewed? Will it ever change until I receive PPR? I am just waiting for PPR now. Eligibility started on 13 April and BGC started 10 March. please respond
The processing time for a Work Permit application can vary depending on a number of factors, such as the number of applications that are currently being processed and the complexity of your application.

If your ADR has been under review for more than 6 months, you can contact IRCC and inquire about the status of your application. You can do this by submitting a webform or by calling IRCC's customer service line.

As for your question about whether the ADR will ever change until you receive PPR, the answer is yes. The ADR will change once IRCC has made a decision on your application. If your application is approved, you will then receive a PPR.

Afterglow

Star Member
May 21, 2023
The processing time for a Work Permit application can vary depending on a number of factors, such as the number of applications that are currently being processed and the complexity of your application.

If your ADR has been under review for more than 6 months, you can contact IRCC and inquire about the status of your application. You can do this by submitting a webform or by calling IRCC's customer service line.

As for your question about whether the ADR will ever change until you receive PPR, the answer is yes. The ADR will change once IRCC has made a decision on your application. If your application is approved, you will then receive a PPR.
Thank you for your response. I have raised about 6 webforms now since the ADR. I got a reply from SGVO that my application is currently being processed and additional verifications are being conducted. What do you think do they mean on additional verifications?

Raptor33

May 10, 2020
Thank you for your response. I have raised about 6 webforms now since the ADR. I got a reply from SGVO that my application is currently being processed and additional verifications are being conducted. What do you think do they mean on additional verifications?
Additional verifications can mean a number of things, but it is usually used to refer to a process where IRCC checks the information you have provided in your application with other sources, such as your employer, your educational institution, or your home country's government.

In some cases, IRCC may also conduct additional verifications if they have any concerns about your application. For example, if you have a criminal record or if you have been denied entry to Canada in the past.

If your application is still under review and you have received a message from SGVO that additional verifications are being conducted, it is important to be patient. IRCC will complete the verification process as quickly as possible, but it may take some time.

Afterglow

Star Member
May 21, 2023
I received the message about additional verifications when I raised a webform two weeks ago asking about my application. Well thank you for your response! really all we can do is wait now.