+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

additional documents - Birth Certificate, school mark sheets, Voter I.D. India

breezy15

Aug 23, 2018
Birth registration/certificate: If a birth is registered late, include the original baptism certificate and other original documents establishing identity such as: o Old school records (Fifth class, Middle standard and Matriculation/secondary school certificate), and o Voter's ID card. This must be received at this office by: ---

Hello everyone, I have got an email from CPC Mississauga asking me for my husband's birth certificate. I was confused why they were asking this document as I had already sent it in but it says : "If a birth is registered late, include the original baptism certificate and other original documents establishing identity such as: o Old school records (Fifth class, Middle standard and Matriculation/secondary school certificate), and o Voter's ID card"

My husband was born in 1997 but got his official birth certificate in 2015 (It says on the birth certificate "Date of Registration 2015"). I think this means "registered late" even though his birth date is correct? I was a bit naive and sent in his birth certificate again but now I understand that registered late meant he got his birth certificate late, not that the date was wrong.
Anyways, now I'm a bit stressed as they are asking for his original school records/marksheets and Voter I.D. card. These documents are very important to my husband so I don't know why they need the "original"
I was thinking I could just have a notary attest to them and send CPC Mississauga a copy via webform/email as they said on the email message. If someone has experience with this that would be great!

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
They are asking for originals because they want originals. You may not know why they need the originals, but it's typically best not to second-guess CIC and instead just give them what they asked for.

breezy15

Aug 23, 2018
They are asking for originals because they want originals. You may not know why they need the originals, but it's typically best not to second-guess CIC and instead just give them what they asked for.
Hey kph thanks for the reply. CIC does not return originals and these documents are pretty critical to my husband I will send them a copy via webform and email and hope for the best. They should be more clear as they said I could submit them through 3 options (Ex. below)

Please quote your complete application number on your correspondence and address your correspondence to:

CPC Mississauga - FCPAPR PO BOX 6100,
Station A Mississauga,
ON L5A 4H4

For fastest service, please submit your documents through email to: IRCC.CNMissRequestedDocs-DocsDemandesMissRC.IRCC@cic.gc.ca. Please note that this email is only for the submission of requested documentation, any enquiries or requests will not be read and deleted from the email box without notification.

You may send the requested information/document(s) via the Case Specific Enquiry form at the following link: https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

avi_rudra

Aug 21, 2017
Birth registration/certificate: If a birth is registered late, include the original baptism certificate and other original documents establishing identity such as: o Old school records (Fifth class, Middle standard and Matriculation/secondary school certificate), and o Voter's ID card. This must be received at this office by: ---

Hello everyone, I have got an email from CPC Mississauga asking me for my husband's birth certificate. I was confused why they were asking this document as I had already sent it in but it says : "If a birth is registered late, include the original baptism certificate and other original documents establishing identity such as: o Old school records (Fifth class, Middle standard and Matriculation/secondary school certificate), and o Voter's ID card"

My husband was born in 1997 but got his official birth certificate in 2015 (It says on the birth certificate "Date of Registration 2015"). I think this means "registered late" even though his birth date is correct? I was a bit naive and sent in his birth certificate again but now I understand that registered late meant he got his birth certificate late, not that the date was wrong.
Anyways, now I'm a bit stressed as they are asking for his original school records/marksheets and Voter I.D. card. These documents are very important to my husband so I don't know why they need the "original"
I was thinking I could just have a notary attest to them and send CPC Mississauga a copy via webform/email as they said on the email message. If someone has experience with this that would be great!
Hi Breezy15, even i too got same request...though i sent the birth certificate initially it was registered late and now they sent me this email, can you send me the list of documents you have sent in response to this query.