+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Addition of New Born / Express Entry / AOR Received / FSW

saabg

Star Member
Oct 17, 2018
@Canmah , @legalfalcon , I have informed IRCC about my new born thrice in the last two months but they have not replied even once. So shall I go ahead and raise a web form with all required documents without the IRCC's asking for documents or shall I wait for them to provide the list? Also, are these the only documents to be submitted?

a) Birth Certificate
b) Passport
c) e-medicals (upfront)
d) IMM 0008 Form
e)POF

And how do we do the online payment for this?
hi@preetkaur

have u received response from ircc or not yet?

Canmah

Star Member
Nov 29, 2019
hi
I would like to update my family composition to ircc on arrival of new born baby.
My question is how to do the same and what documents are required to be submitted to ircc?
Hi ... please go through the thread.

arjun_humain

Star Member
Nov 17, 2021
I got a ghost update on my online account. No email or letter. When I clicked the "view dependents" on profile, I can now see my newborn daughter's name with a UCI assigned to her. So this was pretty quick, given that I had uploaded the documents for adding my newborn only 8 days ago (10 Feb).

CC @tanyajames

Some details in case it is useful to anyone:

Place of Residence: USA
04-Jan-2020: AOR
Feb-2020: Medical and Biometrics Passed
16-Nov-2021 (after 21 months of silence): Re-medical request for me and spouse, giving us 30 days (we had no kids at that point, but my wife was about to deliver our first child)
25-Nov-2021: Baby birth
30-Nov-2021: Informed IRCC of birth of baby via webform. 2 days later, got reply to email mentioning that they have forwarded my message to appropriate office and email had links to the set of documents to send via webform attachment
13-Dec-2021: Re-medical Exam of me and spouse (to meet 30 day deadline)
16-Dec-2021: Re-medicals passed shown on online account
Waiting for baby's birth certificate and passport....Can't do upfront medical w/o passport...
14-Jan-2022: Birth certificate received from US local county
01-Feb-2022: Passport received from US State Department
05-Feb-2022: Upfront Medical for baby (got proof of upfront medicals from doctor's office)
05-Feb-2022: Sent webform to IRCC requesting them to add baby and attached all required documents (including proof of upfront medicals for baby)
10-Feb-2022: Received "request letter" PDF in my online account asking me to upload all documents in the online account (they made a upload button available where I could upload single PDF with all document combined)
10-Feb-2022: Uploaded the documents in online account same day
19-Feb-2022: Received an email from them ("your application status has changed"). Actually, 1 day before I got the email (18-Feb), I saw ghost update in online account. Email was 1 day delayed. When I checked online account, I could see my baby's name in "view dependents" and also under "view submitted documents".

Last edited:

tanyajames

Nov 29, 2019
I got a ghost update on my online account. No email or letter. When I clicked the "view dependents" on profile, I can now see my newborn daughter's name with a UCI assigned to her. So this was pretty quick, given that I had uploaded the documents for adding my newborn only 8 days ago (10 Feb).

CC @tanyajames

Some details in case it is useful to anyone:

Place of Residence: USA
16-Nov-2021 (after 21 months of silence): Re-medical request for me and spouse, giving us 30 days (we had no kids at that point, but my wife was about to deliver our first child)
30-Nov-2021: Informed IRCC of birth of baby via webform. 2 days later, got reply to email mentioning that they have forwarded my message to appropriate office and email had links to the set of documents to send via webform attachment
Waiting for baby's birth certificate and passport....Can't do upfront medical w/o passport...
14-Jan-2022: Birth certificate received from US local county
01-Feb-2022: Passport received from US State Department
05-Feb-2022: Upfront Medical for baby (got proof of upfront medicals from doctor's office)
05-Feb-2022: Sent webform to IRCC requesting them to add baby and attached all required documents (including proof of upfront medicals for baby)
10-Feb-2022: Received "request letter" PDF in my online account asking me to upload all documents in the online account (they made a upload button available where I could upload single PDF with all document combined)
19-Feb-2022: Received an email from them ("your application status has changed"). Actually, 1 day before I got the email (18-Feb), I saw ghost update in online account. Email was 1 day delayed. When I checked online account, I could see my baby's name in "view dependents" and also under "view submitted documents".
Hey Arjun

Thanks for the detailed timeline update, really helpful. My timeline is very similar to yours. Hopefully you receive the PPR soon, congratulations! Good to see a progress on your file.

Reactions: arjun_humain

tanyajames

Nov 29, 2019
Hi
I have received a request for remedicals from IRCC today.we have done upfront remedical exam on January 22nd. Since the IME number is different it's not yet updated and have submitted the acknowledgement letter via a Webform .

Now how do we go about this. To link our medical to the given IME number. And how long does it take

Batth6262

Feb 26, 2022
Just a correction on this. UCI number is actually different for each person in the application. But I think application number is the same
Please share if you have any further updates on your file like visa ready email? My case is very similar to you. I uploaded documents for my newborn on 24th Feb and my profile got updated on 25th Feb with my new born details.

arjun_humain

Star Member
Nov 17, 2021
Please share if you have any further updates on your file like visa ready email? My case is very similar to you. I uploaded documents for my newborn on 24th Feb and my profile got updated on 25th Feb with my new born details.
Hi

Today (28-Feb-2022), I received the Ready for Visa email! So here is the detailed timeline so far:

Country of Residence: USA
Waiting for baby's birth certificate and passport....Can't do upfront medical or add baby to application w/o passport...
24-Feb-2022: Ghost update on profile (nothing seemed changes in profile itself, just saw a "application/profile updated")
28-Feb-2022: Ready for visa email (but no change in online account, which I guess is consistent with what others are seeing)

Reactions: Vank1628

Batth6262

Feb 26, 2022
Hi

Today (28-Feb-2022), I received the Ready for Visa email! So here is the detailed timeline so far:

Waiting for baby's birth certificate and passport....Can't do upfront medical or add baby to application w/o passport...
24-Feb-2022: Ghost update on profile (nothing seemed changes in profile itself, just saw a "application/profile updated")
28-Feb-2022: Ready for visa email (but no change in online account, which I guess is consistent with what others are seeing)
Congratulations and thanks for the updates.

tanyajames

Nov 29, 2019
Hi

Hey congratulations ! Hope to see some moments in our profile soon. Thanks for updating us.

AbiMimi

Star Member
Jan 15, 2020
Hey team, need your opinion on the below.. I sent a webform to ircc almost 2 weeks ago to update my application with my new born. I also attached all required document including upfront medicals.. However I didn’t receive a response and he’s yet to be added.
Today I sent an email to Ottawa visa office email with all the documents again today.. do you think this won’t hasten the process of addition.
Please advise if there’s another option to have this done as it seems ircc are not attending to webforms. thanks

Vank1628

Jan 13, 2020
Hi

Hello Arjun, first of all congratulations to you and your family. Wish you get the COPR for baby very soon. I am in kind of same situation as you were earlier. I am an outland Express Entry CEC candidate. I got my COPR and stamped passports Dec 2021. We blessed with our baby in January 2022. Post my baby birth I just raised an webform to inform IRCC about the same. It's almost 4 weeks now but haven't received anything yet. Just waiting for any update. Meanwhile I have prepared my baby's birth certificate and Passport. What do you suggest me now.
1. Should I wait for IRCC reply and then act on it OR I can raise another webform including all documents.
2. Should I go ahead and do upfront medical for my baby or should I wait to get confirmation from IRCC.
3. Can I parallel raise a tourist visa for my baby as a second option.

Our COPR expiry is near in next 4 months and I want to travel before that to avoid re-medicals for me and my wife again.

Thanks.

Vank1628

Jan 13, 2020
Hi

Hello Arjun, first of all congratulations to you and your family. Wish you get the COPR for baby very soon. I am in kind of same situation as you were earlier. I am an outland Express Entry CEC candidate. I got my COPR and stamped passports Dec 2021. We blessed with our baby in January 2022. Post my baby birth I just raised an webform to inform IRCC about the same. It's almost 4 weeks now but haven't received anything yet. Just waiting for any update. Meanwhile I have prepared my baby's birth certificate and Passport. What do you suggest me now.
1. Should I wait for IRCC reply and then act on it OR I can raise another webform including all documents.
2. Should I go ahead and do upfront medical for my baby or should I wait to get confirmation from IRCC.
3. Can I parallel raise a tourist visa for my baby as a second option.

Our COPR expiry is near in next 4 months and I want to travel before that to avoid re-medicals for me and my wife again.