+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Addition of New Born / Express Entry / AOR Received / FSW

Amrit1234

Star Member
Aug 2, 2018
@Amrit1234 please check my responses.
Thanks for the help and quick response!
1. Is it necessary to fill 5406..i am confused about this form?
2. If yes, is it means 2 forms need to be sent? One from primary applicant other from spouse.
3. And, form which would be filled by spouse, whose name would be filled at applicant tab? Mine as i am primary applicant or spouse as she is filling on her behalf?

daveishan

Oct 13, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-10-2018
Med's Done....
13-11-2018
Thanks for the help and quick response!
1. Is it necessary to fill 5406..i am confused about this form?
2. If yes, is it means 2 forms need to be sent? One from primary applicant other from spouse.
3. And, form which would be filled by spouse, whose name would be filled at applicant tab? Mine as i am primary applicant or spouse as she is filling on her behalf?
1 - yes it important

2 - yes, 2 forms need to be sent

3 - it will be her name as applicant and you as the spouse with information of her parents/siblings/children

daveishan

Oct 13, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-10-2018
Med's Done....
13-11-2018
1 - yes it important

3 - it will be her name as applicant and you as the spouse with information of her parents/siblings/children @Amrit1234

Amrit1234

Star Member
Aug 2, 2018
1 - yes it important

3 - it will be her name as applicant and you as the spouse with information of her parents/siblings/children
Just need clarification on point-3.
In mine Imm5406 form, my name is in applicant tab and spouse name in spouse tab.
However, In spouse Imm5406 form, spouse name is in applicant tab and my name in spouse tab.

Please let me am I right?

Please note: I am main applicant

daveishan

Oct 13, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-10-2018
Med's Done....
13-11-2018
Just need clarification on point-3.
In mine Imm5406 form, my name is in applicant tab and spouse name in spouse tab.
However, In spouse Imm5406 form, spouse name is in applicant tab and my name in spouse tab.

Please let me am I right?

Please note: I am main applicant
Yes @Amrit1234

arjun_humain

Star Member
Nov 17, 2021
Hi. Was anyone able to successfully get their newborn added to their application?

I sent out the webform (to add my 2 month old baby) with all documents attached previous weekend. I am just wondering how long I should expect to wait and if I should try calling them after certain number of days have passed.

Judy12

Star Member
Jan 27, 2021
Hi. Was anyone able to successfully get their newborn added to their application?

I sent out the webform (to add my 2 month old baby) with all documents attached previous weekend. I am just wondering how long I should expect to wait and if I should try calling them after certain number of days have passed.
it took them 3 months to add mine. just keep sending webforms and calling

Reactions: arjun_humain

arjun_humain

Star Member
Nov 17, 2021
Interestingly/luckily, I just received a letter today from IRCC in my online account asking me to upload documents for my child in the online account (and provided option to upload it in the account). This was pretty quick, given that I sent webform only 5 days ago. Let's see how long it actually takes them to add my baby as dependent in my account.

Reactions: sisac9

tanyajames

Nov 29, 2019
In the same boat. IRCC had given option to upload the documents of newborn. And we have even completed the upfront medical. The newborn is not yet added it's been 2 months.

arjun_humain

Star Member
Nov 17, 2021
In the same boat. IRCC had given option to upload the documents of newborn. And we have even completed the upfront medical. The newborn is not yet added it's been 2 months.
Good to know tanyajames. Did you try calling them or raising webform to inquire about it in these two months?

sisac9

Aug 2, 2019
Kerala, India

Hi Arjun,

I am also in the process of adding a newborn to the application, may I know what and all you submitted to IRCC?

After Going through this thread, I am thinking of submitting the following
IMM008- General Application
IMM5406- Primary Applicant in English
IMM5406- Primary Applicant in Native Language
IMM5406- Spouse in English
IMM5406- Spouse in Native Language
Birth Certificate
Passport
Updated Proof of Funds
Proof of Payment for Including Child

Am I correct in my understanding?? or need to add anything else?

arjun_humain

Star Member
Nov 17, 2021
Hi Arjun,

I am also in the process of adding a newborn to the application, may I know what and all you submitted to IRCC?

After Going through this thread, I am thinking of submitting the following
IMM008- General Application
IMM5406- Primary Applicant in English
IMM5406- Primary Applicant in Native Language
IMM5406- Spouse in English
IMM5406- Spouse in Native Language
Birth Certificate
Passport
Updated Proof of Funds
Proof of Payment for Including Child

Am I correct in my understanding?? or need to add anything else?
Hi. Your list is correct. These are what I submitted but few changes:
1. It’s probably not required but I had added a letter of explanation as the first page in the combined PDF where I had rest of the documents. The document is basically a cover letter mentioning that you want to add your newborn.
2. I did not attach any new proof of fund. I don’t think this is needed
3. I had attached proof of upfront medical of my baby
4. I did not add a separate IMM 5406 in native language. I just filled it out in English (one form each for me and my spouse)

Reactions: sisac9

sisac9

Aug 2, 2019
Kerala, India
Hi. Your list is correct. These are what I submitted but few changes:
1. It’s probably not required but I had added a letter of explanation as the first page in the combined PDF where I had rest of the documents. The document is basically a cover letter mentioning that you want to add your newborn.
2. I did not attach any new proof of fund. I don’t think this is needed
3. I had attached proof of upfront medical of my baby
4. I did not add a separate IMM 5406 in native language. I just filled it out in English (one form each for me and my spouse)
Thanks a lot for responding.

I will follow your suggestions. Medicals I won't be able to do till next month beginning. Other than that I will follow what you did.

Thank You