+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding spouse to PR application post AOR << Please join here >>

Simi8088

May 24, 2020
Hey @Johnjacobb

I did not get any BIL for my spouse, as my organization has applied SOWP and biometrics were completed as part of that application and I have used the same UCI # for PR application.

The timeline is on Sep 15th my Spouse has been added to the PR application and then I have a request from IRCC on Sep 22nd to submit additional documents. I have submitted additional documents on the 25th Sep 2021. Officer reviewed the documents on 27th Sep 2021 and the application is approved on Sep 27th, 2021 only.

I have added a detailed timeline to my signature.
Hi @pkurapat
Just wanted to confirm the process after spouse medical passed.
I got request for my spouse medical recently but no BIL . My spouse is in Canada so already having UCI and biometrics were done when applied for study visa. So should we expect BIL request or its not required in this case? Also what is the timeline to get PPR once medical is cleared?

sufonama

Star Member
Aug 4, 2020
Hi all,

How long are they taking to process application after adding spouse post aor. I added spouse postaor, got bil and medical for her, got my medical extension. how long from here?

sumitkamboj88

Star Member
Jun 15, 2019
Does anyone know whether IRCC is requesting PCCs again from long backlogged files? Mine is Nov 2019 and I wanted to know if there is a possibility that they might ask for it for the primary applicant? What are the possible reasons they ask for redoing it?
I am not sure what is the pattern for requesting PCC again but I am AOR Dec-2019(COPR expired). IRCC requested for new PCC in my case.

Reactions: SaBong

IbtiZaifa

Jan 6, 2021
I would really appreciate if someone can help me in answering who should fill the Post-Aor spouse addition kit forms?

• IMM0008 (Generic application form)---To be filled by P.A?
  • IMM5669 (Schedule A)----To be filled by both P.A and spouse as separate copies?
  • IMM5406 (Additional family information)----To be filled by both P.A and spouse as separate copies?
  • IMM5562 (Supplementary travel info)-----To be filled by both P.A and spouse as separate copies?
Am I missing any more forms?

SaBong

Star Member
Oct 13, 2019
I would really appreciate if someone can help me in answering who should fill the Post-Aor spouse addition kit forms?

• IMM0008 (Generic application form)---To be filled by P.A?
  • IMM5669 (Schedule A)----To be filled by both P.A and spouse as separate copies?
  • IMM5406 (Additional family information)----To be filled by both P.A and spouse as separate copies?
  • IMM5562 (Supplementary travel info)-----To be filled by both P.A and spouse as separate copies?
Am I missing any more forms?
  • IMM0008 (Generic application form)--- Filled by P.A. with details of spouse
  • IMM5669 (Schedule A)---- In my case only spouse had filled it
  • IMM5406 (Additional family information)---- Yes both need to fill as separate copies
  • IMM5562 (Supplementary travel info)-----I did not receive a request for this

IbtiZaifa

Jan 6, 2021
  • IMM0008 (Generic application form)--- Filled by P.A. with details of spouse
  • IMM5669 (Schedule A)---- In my case only spouse had filled it
  • IMM5406 (Additional family information)---- Yes both need to fill as separate copies
  • IMM5562 (Supplementary travel info)-----I did not receive a request for this
Thank you so much :)

SaBong

Star Member
Oct 13, 2019
Hi all, I have a medical exam scheduled on 19th March. This is close to the 30 day deadline which falls on 23rd. Will this cause any issues if the Medical center doesn't send the details in time?

Alakbar0424

Mar 8, 2022
Hi guys,

I have an issue. So, I got married on 12th of November and I sent my wife's application on 13th of December to IRCC Mississauga office. Because I have to update my marital status and I need to add her on my application. So I did it, but at the end of January, I got confirmation of my permanent residence paper as a single person, I mean they did not update my marital status on that paper. In February I got my PR card, but IRCC did not say anything about her application. It's almost 3 month, I don't know anything about her application. I already paid biometric fee and permanent residence fee as well. When I got my confirmation of my permanent residence, I sent an email to IRCC with their webform to update my marital status, also I sent my spouse's applications by email as well in PDF version to them. After one week one IRCC agent responded to my email and he sent this text to me:

" We verified the information on file and are pleased to confirm that the change of marital status, documents and forms were received by the responsible office.
If further information is needed during the processing of your application, the responsible office may contact you."

He sent this email at the beginning of February. So guys what can I do now? Can I start sponsorship process for my wife or should I wait for their decision? How long will it take to get application number of my spouse? ( Because I have only her tracking number and it has delivered to IRCC mailbox in December 15 ) Can they deny her application? Because I got my PR card and I am able to start sponsorship process, that's why I am asking.

If possible please let me know guys and sorry for my English, I tried my best to explain my situation.
Thank you.

Alakbar0424

Mar 8, 2022
Hi guys,

I have an issue. So, I got married on 12th of November and I sent my wife's application on 13th of December to IRCC Mississauga office. Because I have to update my marital status and I need to add her on my application. So I did it, but at the end of January, I got confirmation of my permanent residence paper as a single person, I mean they did not update my marital status on that paper. In February I got my PR card, but IRCC did not say anything about her application. It's almost 3 month, I don't know anything about her application. I already paid biometric fee and permanent residence fee as well. When I got my confirmation of my permanent residence, I sent an email to IRCC with their webform to update my marital status, also I sent my spouse's applications by email as well in PDF version to them. After one week one IRCC agent responded to my email and he sent this text to me:

" We verified the information on file and are pleased to confirm that the change of marital status, documents and forms were received by the responsible office.
If further information is needed during the processing of your application, the responsible office may contact you."

He sent this email at the beginning of February. So guys what can I do now? Can I start sponsorship process for my wife or should I wait for their decision? How long will it take to get application number of my spouse? ( Because I have only her tracking number and it has delivered to IRCC mailbox in December 15 ) Can they deny her application? Because I got my PR card and I am able to start sponsorship process, that's why I am asking.

If possible please let me know guys and sorry for my English, I tried my best to explain my situation.
Thank you.
Please guys, if anyone knows about this issue, please let me know, thanks.