+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding spouse to PR application post AOR << Please join here >>

Knoxxavier

Star Member
Aug 28, 2020
Hi everyone, I got AOR and now I am married and want to add my spouse with my application. As I will be creating webform for that

Can anyone plz tell me what to write in webform and which document is to aubmit with that???
You can just do a general write-up on change of marital status stating that you're now married and would like to add your spouse to the application.

I had only attached a copy of Marriage Certificate while submitting the webform.

Once they acknowledge you will get an email from them asking for additional docs.

SaBong

Star Member
Oct 13, 2019
Does anyone know whether IRCC is requesting PCCs again from long backlogged files? Mine is Nov 2019 and I wanted to know if there is a possibility that they might ask for it for the primary applicant? What are the possible reasons they ask for redoing it?

baryonix

May 21, 2019
Hi all, I submitted several web forms with additional documents to add a spouse to my PR application.
She already had a UCI (with Biometrics info) in the past in her separate Visitor Visa.

But now IRCC has added her to my application (I can see her as a dependent) and given her a different UCI and I don't see her Biometrics number.
Does this mean she needs to re-do Bio? How do I link her 2 UCIs together?

vishlion

Star Member
Sep 17, 2015
Visa Office......
Edmonton
App. Filed.......
30-10-2020
Med's Done....
Passed (08-12-2020)
Interview........
N/A
Finally some movement. Received the BIL for my spouse at last.

Reactions: rs572

baarsaam

Dec 13, 2019
Hey everyone,

I am fsw outland applicant but currently a student in Canada. In Nov 2021 I added my wife to my application. My application was already approved in Oct 2020 but got CoPR expired in 2021 since my medical was expired. Now I can see my wife being added in my portal and we have sent every doc the officer requested. I was wondering if you know usually how long it takes to process the spouse application given that my part of the application was already approved?
Note: we are both international students in Canada right now.
Could you please kindly advise? @legalfalcon

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
You can just do a general write-up on change of marital status stating that you're now married and would like to add your spouse to the application.

I had only attached a copy of Marriage Certificate while submitting the webform.

Once they acknowledge you will get an email from them asking for additional docs.
Can we add upfront medicals, PCC, updated fianancials when we submit the webform?

SaBong

Star Member
Oct 13, 2019
After waiting for 1.5 years my spouse was finally added as a dependent to my application yesterday. We also received her biometric request letter. Finally some movement on the file! - NDVO

Knoxxavier

Star Member
Aug 28, 2020
Can we add upfront medicals, PCC, updated fianancials when we submit the webform?
I guess you can but eventually once IRCC acknowledges your initial request for change of marital status, they will have you submit all these docs on your portal itself when they send out the intimation email asking for additional docs. I was never asked for any updated financials for that matter.

Reactions: RSub

Timbits

Feb 5, 2021
After waiting for 1.5 years my spouse was finally added as a dependent to my application yesterday. We also received her biometric request letter. Finally some movement on the file! - NDVO
Congratulations !!

I am also waiting for more than 7 months for this to happen. You both are Outland or one of you is in Canada ?

SaBong

Star Member
Oct 13, 2019
I opened my account today, as it has become a ritual. Surprise surprise!! Medical requests for the both of us

Reactions: siju6789

KK_01

Feb 4, 2022
Inland PR applicant recently being married , adding spouse as non accompanying . I went to home country for two months for marriage . Will I be asked for PCC again. My gcms notes show application was approved back in 2021 and medicals extended . Shall I get my head straight and get Medicals &PCC upfront.

what else docs will be asked for spouse beside IMM 008/5669 etc ?

Seriously so fed up with IRCC . Nowhere in world immigration process is that slow. I guess they want us just to keep updating about change in family that's it.