+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding spouse to PR application post AOR << Please join here >>

Jbn

Star Member
Dec 18, 2019
Category........
PNP
Hi guys, I'm also a silent reader. Just decide to create an account and share my case.

So my wife lives in Canada while I live in Australia under a student visa. My wife added me after she pass for the medical on July 2018.
- We got married in January 2019
- Update the papers in Feb 2019
- We upload documents in April 2019
- Got requested for medical in late June 2019, get the medical done July 2019
- Pass medical on 15 August 2019
- Got requested to fill in IMM008, IMM0056, etc, pay right of resident fees for me as well
- Got requested to send proof of relationship on 22 Oct 2019
- Got requested to pay application fee 13 Nov 2019
- PPR on 22 Jan 2020.

My wife is gonna have a landing interview on 18 Feb 2020 in Canada. I was requested to send my passport and other documents to IRR via VAC via VFS in Sydney, Australia.

- I sent all documents to VFS and they arrived at the IRR office today 05 Feb 2020. Now we are both waiting for CoPR papers. The estimated time would be from 10 to 15 working days (hopefully) or it can be 2-3 months in the worst scenario.

It took us almost a year since we updated the martial status to get the PPR so if you are waiting don't be scared. Hope this helps.
In which province your wife is living n which local visa office ?

Jun 10, 2019
Timeline:
Aor:23rd July
Bio: 25 Aug
Got married:12th Oct
Submit spouse docs: 12th Dec
Spouse bio: 22nd Jan 2020
Ghost update:5th Feb
PPR: 6th Feb
I thought it could take a year after aor when adding spouse. But thanks God it was preceed quickly

kathnada

Apr 10, 2019
Timeline:
Aor:23rd July
Bio: 25 Aug
Got married:12th Oct
Submit spouse docs: 12th Dec
Spouse bio: 22nd Jan 2020
Ghost update:5th Feb
PPR: 6th Feb
I thought it could take a year after aor when adding spouse. But thanks God it was preceed quickly
Congratulations! :)

May I know when was your spouse became visible in your CIC account?

kathnada

Apr 10, 2019
I think it was 2nd or 3rd of Jan
on Dec 12 when you submit the documents of your spouse, is it through ADR or CSE?

i am an August 2019 AOR and I also submitted my documents from Nov to December of 2019 (got married in October). And I’m just wondering if they would still require some documents from me like photos for proof of marriage.

Based from what I have read on different threads, it is usually on cases when the principal and spouse are in different countries that they require such documentation. My spouse and I are both outland applicants and living in the same country as at the moment.

Feb 3, 2020
Trivandrum
App. Filed.......
07-09-2018
Hi Everyone,

I have applied for Express Entry about 18 months ago.

Application Received by IRCC on Sep 7 2018.

I got married on Nov 2018. Spouse Added on January 2019. Spouse medicals and documents uploaded in March 2019.

I have got first response from IRCC in June 2019 stating that they have received all the documents.

I am still awaiting decision. They had replied to me in January 2020 stating that my file is not in Canada and is at present in New Delhi and asked me to contact New Delhi Office but I have not got any reply from New Delhi yet.

It is been a long time waiting for the decision and almost lost all the hope of getting the PR.

Can someone please advise me?

Thanks.

Vishnumohan

M29

Star Member
Jul 21, 2015
Pakistan
Category........
CEC
Received my PPR today!! I was kinda anticipating the mail in the morning today. because my status changed to IP2 yesterday and based
on what I've been seeing in various forum discussions I was inclined to expect it today, and
it happened. (Just saying, It could not be the case too).

My timeline is:
AOR : Dec 21, 2018
Marriage : Jan 03, 2019
1st CSE : Jan 08, 2019
2nd CSE : Feb 08, 2019
IP1 : Feb 12, 2019
MEP: March 11, 2019
IP2 : April 23, 2019
PPR : April 24, 2019
Stream : CEC
Visa office: Vancouver
Time taken: 4 months and 4 days post AOR

Since I am a resident of Canada, I had to sent my passport to Ottawa with a letter asking IRCC for instructions
for my spouse's passport submission in India. This was done as instructed by an agent at IRCC over the phone today.
Hey do they recalculate your points if you get married and add your spouse after AOR?

BIJITIN.P.C

Star Member
Jul 8, 2015
Hai friends
I got ITA on Sep 21
Submitted all documents on Oct 2 nd
Medicals updated by nov 21
January 23 i got married
Feb 2 informed ircc through web form about adding spouse to my application
Feb 07 got a requisition letter regarding uploding separate IRCC 5406 form for me and spouse ( time limit only 7 days ends by feb 15)
Feb 14 I submitted the form they asked IRCC5406
Now, I am very confused because they only asked me IRCC 5406 form no additional documents.
My question is can i send all the necessary documents through IRCC Email without asking it or i have to wait for their reply. I have all the documents ready. They didnt ask any passport , medical, marriage certificate etc
Plese reply ......

Jbn

Star Member
Dec 18, 2019
Category........
PNP
Hai friends
I got ITA on Sep 21
Submitted all documents on Oct 2 nd
Medicals updated by nov 21
January 23 i got married
Feb 2 informed ircc through web form about adding spouse to my application
Feb 07 got a requisition letter regarding uploding separate IRCC 5406 form for me and spouse ( time limit only 7 days ends by feb 15)
Feb 14 I submitted the form they asked IRCC5406
Now, I am very confused because they only asked me IRCC 5406 form no additional documents.
My question is can i send all the necessary documents through IRCC Email without asking it or i have to wait for their reply. I have all the documents ready. They didnt ask any passport , medical, marriage certificate etc
Plese reply ......

nothing bad in this if you will upload all the documents upfront. U have everything ready if they ask again you can send them anytime.

Reactions: BIJITIN.P.C

RRSingh

Feb 22, 2020
Hi All,

I got my PPR 3 days back (after waiting for more than a year). I also got married in end of January and my spouse already has a PR. When are still in the process of registering our marraige after per government.

In this case when I update CIC about my marraige, will they reissue my COPR? Or providing my spouse's details and marraige certificate should be enough and the same COPR will continue?

Thanks

BIJITIN.P.C

Star Member
Jul 8, 2015
Thank you for the reply
When i submitting the files i have to pay again 1040$ for my spouse and upload that receipt along wighmy application
Please reply

Rowsp

Star Member
Sep 29, 2019
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Hi everyone, I just joined this group.
This is my timeline as below.
AOR- 27 Jan, 2019
MEP - March 11, 2019
Biometrics completed - March 30
Request sent to add spouse - June 28
Docs submitted of spouse - July 27
MEP spouse - Aug 8
Update Dec 24, 2019 - Medical exam not required.

I raised a webform on 15th Feb asking for an update on my application. I received a response today saying that my application is at Delhi office and they don't need further information or documents from me for the moment.
Can anyone advise how long Delhi office takes to process files?
Last year before submitting my spouse's documents, i had managed to call IRCC; at the time they had mentioned that my file was at Ottawa VO.