+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding spouse to PR application post AOR << Please join here >>

Pasifist

Dec 14, 2019
Hi All,

How did you treat imm 008 despite the bar codes?
Did you, print and scan or where you able to attach esignature?
Where you able to merge any of these imm forms without printing and scanning

sam06

Aug 7, 2017
Hey guys. I have a query. Suppose post AOR, i get married to a person outside canada and add her to the file. Can I enter back to canada on valid work permit until PR application processes or than we both have to land in canada at the same time post PR confirmation. I was confused at this point. Is there an official information regarding it?
thanks.

kaur20

Star Member
May 14, 2019
Hey guys. I have a query. Suppose post AOR, i get married to a person outside canada and add her to the file. Can I enter back to canada on valid work permit until PR application processes or than we both have to land in canada at the same time post PR confirmation. I was confused at this point. Is there an official information regarding it?
thanks.
yes, you can

Helina93

Star Member
Nov 22, 2015
Hi everybody

Here is my timeline

Aor 22feb 2019
July: marriage
September ( first information) : inform ircc about my marital status change
October ( second information) they said that didn't receive my documents.
21 October 2019: they confirm the reception of all forms about spouse add
27 November: I receive an email from cio Sydney that my file was transferred to the appropriate person to take a decision or revise the file.
05 December: got to know that my file was transferred from cio Sydney to Rabat vo ( morocco)
16 December: my spouse name was added to my profil and they update the mep.
Same day: I receive adr : Frdp payment, schedule A, travel history and photos marriage to send by poste to their office.
17 December: I received the BiL
19 December: I sent all the forms and photos
27 December: bio was done, and appeared on site.

Can I hope PPR quickly?
In wich stage I'm?
Hi, I'm in the same boat as you currently. My spouse submitted biometrics July 21, everything is passed and we are just waiting on a decision. How long after biometrics did you recieve PPR? Thanks in advance!

bellatrix

Star Member
Aug 22, 2018
Dubai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London - UK
App. Filed.......
28-10-2018
Nomination.....
CSQ
AOR Received.
29-12-2018
IELTS Request
16-04-2014
File Transfer...
12-12-2019
Med's Request
30-01-2020
Med's Done....
16-02-2020
Interview........
N/A
Hi guys!

Hope you can help me out with my dilemma. My Fiance and I are planning to get married this coming september/october. Can you please guide me on how to add my future husband on my existing PR application? Is it really an easy process to add my husband while processing my PR or should I sponsor him after I land in Canada?

jitheshani

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019
Hi guys!

Hope you can help me out with my dilemma. My Fiance and I are planning to get married this coming september/october. Can you please guide me on how to add my future husband on my existing PR application? Is it really an easy process to add my husband while processing my PR or should I sponsor him after I land in Canada?
You have to inform IRCC right after the marriage. They generally ask for the below documents to start with.

Someone needs to review the docs and then add your spouse to the application ( For me, it took 4 months but I have seen it happening in a week for some cases)
They need to give Bio metrics letter for your spouse and also request for medical.(Upfront medical will speed up this one)
Then medical/background/criminality checks should get completed for your spouse.

Expect some delays on your application, anywhere from 2 months(if you're lucky) to more than a year.

bellatrix

Star Member
Aug 22, 2018
Dubai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London - UK
App. Filed.......
28-10-2018
Nomination.....
CSQ
AOR Received.
29-12-2018
IELTS Request
16-04-2014
File Transfer...
12-12-2019
Med's Request
30-01-2020
Med's Done....
16-02-2020
Interview........
N/A
You have to inform IRCC right after the marriage. They generally ask for the below documents to start with.

Someone needs to review the docs and then add your spouse to the application ( For me, it took 4 months but I have seen it happening in a week for some cases)
They need to give Bio metrics letter for your spouse and also request for medical.(Upfront medical will speed up this one)
Then medical/background/criminality checks should get completed for your spouse.

Expect some delays on your application, anywhere from 2 months(if you're lucky) to more than a year.
Hi!! Thanks for answering and giving me the requirements. So its best to get married and add him now rather than landing in canada then coming home and sponsoring him?

jitheshani

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019
Hi!! Thanks for answering and giving me the requirements. So its best to get married and add him now rather than landing in canada then coming home and sponsoring him?
In my opinion, Yes. If you are lucky and get all documents prepared before hand it may get done in 2-3 months.

The other option is where you land first and then wait for P.R card to arrive and then sponsor. Remember that you need to be inside Canada as a P.R to sponsor someone.

souslaplage

Star Member
May 26, 2020
Category........
FSW
Any updates?

We are still waiting here... I was added in my husband PR process in February/2020 and appeared to the IRCC system in his account 1 week later. But since that, nothing! In our last notes, no news since February :( Does anyone have some news to share? I'm so tired..

jitheshani

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019
Any updates?

We are still waiting here... I was added in my husband PR process in February/2020 and appeared to the IRCC system in his account 1 week later. But since that, nothing! In our last notes, no news since February :( Does anyone have some news to share? I'm so tired..
No updates, my application has been tagged to a group "Spouse Add On". It's possible that they are not looking at this group currently.
The lastest update was sent to cost recovery, no BIL even after 25 days.
Only a handful of PPRs in the last few weeks, looks like they are done with the straight forward CEC applications and probably will move to other groups soon.

souslaplage

Star Member
May 26, 2020
Category........
FSW
No updates, my application has been tagged to a group "Spouse Add On". It's possible that they are not looking at this group currently.
Only a handful of PPRs in the last few weeks, looks like they are done with the straight forward CEC applications and probably will move to other groups soon.
I had everything done by February (biometric, medical exam...). I didn't know about this "Spouse Add On" group. Thanks for the info!

Rowsp

Star Member
Sep 29, 2019
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Hello, you mentioned you are tagged onto a group "Spouse Add On"...Can you elaborate how to check which group an application is tagged and who does it? Also how are you able to view this?.
I have never heard of something like this before.

jitheshani

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019
Hello, you mentioned you are tagged onto a group "Spouse Add On"...Can you elaborate how to check which group an application is tagged and who does it? Also how are you able to view this?.
I have never heard of something like this before.
I saw it in my GCMS notes under GROUP NAME. This must be something which they internal use to tag the application when a spouse add on request comes in.
Also under ORGANIZATIONS there could be "Post APR and Pre-Approval Marriage" - "Post Eligibility Marriage" . This must also be an internal label for them to identify what is pending on an application.

souslaplage

Star Member
May 26, 2020
Category........
FSW
I saw it in my GCMS notes under GROUP NAME. This must be something which they internal use to tag the application when a spouse add on request comes in.
Also under ORGANIZATIONS there could be "Post APR and Pre-Approval Marriage" - "Post Eligibility Marriage" . This must also be an internal label for them to identify what is pending on an application.
In your notes, do you have something in the " Other Reqs " section? In mine we have this A39-A41 non-compliance thing and it is making me crazy

jitheshani

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019
In your notes, do you have something in the " Other Reqs " section? In mine we have this A39-A41 non-compliance thing and it is making me crazy
Nope, that's blank in my notes. What's the status for yours?
In your initial POF do you have enough funds for 2 people? . Technically they don't need, but I guess it's always up for review.
A39-41 could be non compliance due to POF or background check which needs to be cleared by an officer.