+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding spouse to PR application post AOR << Please join here >>

Rowsp

Star Member
Sep 29, 2019
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Hi Rowsp, I wrote to Mr Ralph Goodale today inquiring for an update of my status, and surprisingly got BIL for my husband the same day! Maybe you can also try that.
Hi,
That's really good news.
Could I have Ralph Goodale's email?
Also could you please let me know what should i mention on my email to him?

CL01

Sep 26, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-01-2019
AOR Received.
04-03-2019
IELTS Request
17-04-2019
Hi,
That's really good news.
Could I have Ralph Goodale's email?
Also could you please let me know what should i mention on my email to him?
This is a sample I found in our forum writing to Mr. Ralph Goodale
goodale@sasktel.net

Sample below:

Dear Mr Goodale,

I am an XXX resident and have applied for Permanent Residency through express entry on the DDDD of MM 2019

My details are:-

Applicant Information

Name of applicant: Xxx
Email address: xxx
DOB of applicant: YYYY-MM-DD
Country of birth: India
Client ID number: xxxx
File number: Xxxxx
Mobile number: Xxxxxx
Type of application: Permanent Residence through Express Entry

Please if you could help check the status of my application covering my eligibility, criminality and security status along with the expiration of my medical and also the visa processing centre.

Appreciate your time and help.

Sincerely,
Xx

CL01

Sep 26, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-01-2019
AOR Received.
04-03-2019
IELTS Request
17-04-2019
Please can you share your timeline
0304 AOR
0417 ADR IELTs certificate
0417 PA MEP BIL
0418 1st Ghost update with email
0422 PA biometrics done
0618 Submitted spouse materials
0709 Spouse medical request (a mistake confirmed by CIC), spouse appeared on profile
0710 2nd ghost update with email
0718 3rd ghost update no email, spouse MEP
0827 Notes ordered, haven't received them yet
0930 Emailed Goodale, eligibility recommended passed, VO Ottawa
0930 Spouse BIL

Walle_007

Aug 8, 2019
PNP-inland paper-based

AR Dec 31, 2019
AOR March 17, 2019
MR Sep, MP Oct 5th

Spouse add on: Sep 15th,2019 (sent all forms through a web form)
Received (acknowledgment): September 23rd, 2019

Still waiting for my spouse to bed added to my application and MR / BIL

Do you guys know how long does it take for them to add spouse in the application? Would they provide me with the spouse application number and I have to link it with my application? or would it be automatically linked to my application?

yamakart

Mar 16, 2019
PNP-inland paper-based

AR Dec 31, 2019
AOR March 17, 2019
MR Sep, MP Oct 5th

Spouse add on: Sep 15th,2019 (sent all forms through a web form)
Received (acknowledgment): September 23rd, 2019

Still waiting for my spouse to bed added to my application and MR / BIL

Do you guys know how long does it take for them to add spouse in the application? Would they provide me with the spouse application number and I have to link it with my application? or would it be automatically linked to my application?
Hello, May I please know what all forms you submitted through web form. I am in a similar situation. Thanks much in advance

Last edited:

Walle_007

Aug 8, 2019
Hello, May I please know what all forms you submitted through web form. I am in a similar situation. Thanks much in advance

That's what they requested from me in mid-Sep.

Please provide the following supporting documents/information to include your spouse in your application for permanent residence:
Applicant:
- Revised IMM 0008
- Revised IMM 5562 (Travel info)

SPOUSE
- Schedule A
- IMM 5406
- Photographs
- Birth Certificate 2
- Passport, if accompanying -
Fees, if accompanying
- Medical
- Any applicable Police certificates

However, 4 days before they requested the above ADR, I already sent them all these docs (except revised travel info) addition to some more via two IRCC Webforms. Here is what I sent them.

• Revised IMM 0008 Applicant
  • IMM 5406 Applicant

SPOUSE:
  • IMM 5406
  • Revised IMM 0008
  • Marriage Certificate
  • Birth Certificate
  • Passport 1st page
  • PPT size photo
  • PCC from back home country
  • payment Receipt
Along with all the above docs which they ask everyone, I also sent them extra stuff, coz they did ask these docs from my two friends who had a spouse add-on as well so, I thought to send them upfront to avoid delays!
  1. Questionnaires Answered by Applicant (usually 9 Qs)
  2. Questionnaires answered by a spouse ( Usually 11)
  3. Marriage Ceremony Photos ( attached 16 photos of 4 days wedding events )
  4. Timeline of relation photos ( About 15 photos over the span of 5-year relationship)

IRRC webform confirmation on Sep 23rd and spouse added to file on OCt 10th (today). Now waiting for her MEd and BIL request!

Aug 6, 2019
Greetings all. I am getting married on nov 10 next month, however i got my AOR on 12 sep and have MEP/BIL on 1st oct.

My questions are.
1.should i inform IRCC right after my marriage or after PPR, my goal is to go together with her taking the shortest time possible.
2. Will the CRS Score be recalculated after the AOR.
2. Should my future spouse write IELTS and get her ECA done?

Thank you in advance. :)

Random9465

Star Member
Jul 8, 2019
Hi guys i have a query to ask please kindly help in the query
I have applied for pnp as a single applicant and right now i am overseas to get married and once i get married i wanted to ask if there is any necessity of adding spouse to my pr application or can i add her after i got my pr. So that i dont delay the process further ...
Thanks

yamakart

Mar 16, 2019

Please provide the following supporting documents/information to include your spouse in your application for permanent residence:
Applicant:
- Revised IMM 0008

SPOUSE
- Schedule A
- IMM 5406
- Photographs
- Birth Certificate 2
Fees, if accompanying
- Medical

However, 4 days before they requested the above ADR, I already sent them all these docs (except revised travel info) addition to some more via two IRCC Webforms. Here is what I sent them.

• IMM 5406 Applicant

SPOUSE:
  • IMM 5406
  • Revised IMM 0008
  • Marriage Certificate
  • Birth Certificate
  • Passport 1st page
  • PPT size photo
  • payment Receipt
Along with all the above docs which they ask everyone, I also sent them extra stuff, coz they did ask these docs from my two friends who had a spouse add-on as well so, I thought to send them upfront to avoid delays!
  4. Timeline of relation photos ( About 15 photos over the span of 5-year relationship)

IRRC webform confirmation on Sep 23rd and spouse added to file on OCt 10th (today). Now waiting for her MEd and BIL request!
Thanks so much for your response! I will also send them everything upfront. I submitted my WebForm on Sep11, but no response from them at all.

Walle_007

Aug 8, 2019
Greetings all. I am getting married on nov 10 next month, however i got my AOR on 12 sep and have MEP/BIL on 1st oct.

My questions are.
1.should i inform IRCC right after my marriage or after PPR, my goal is to go together with her taking the shortest time possible.
2. Will the CRS Score be recalculated after the AOR.
2. Should my future spouse write IELTS and get her ECA done?

Thank you in advance. :)
>>CRS score won't be re-calculated if you are getting married after application.
>> I would add right away if your goal is to get together asap. Otherwise, you have to sponsor your spouse which is 10-12 months process, I guess.!
>> She won't need IELTS or ECA done, as CRS is not being re-calculated.

Reactions: MrReddington

Walle_007

Aug 8, 2019
Thanks so much for your response! I will also send them everything upfront. I submitted my WebForm on Sep11, but no response from them at all.
You can call their CSR line and ask if they have received the case-specific inquiry that you made.

Walle_007

Aug 8, 2019
Hi guys i have a query to ask please kindly help in the query
I have applied for pnp as a single applicant and right now i am overseas to get married and once i get married i wanted to ask if there is any necessity of adding spouse to my pr application or can i add her after i got my pr. So that i dont delay the process further ...
Thanks
Where you stand with your application now?
It depends on you. if your goal is to get together asap then you should add her, it might delay your process 2-3 months (not always) but its better then sponsoring him/her later which is a long and painful process as well. Even though you do not wish to add your spouse in your application you would still need to inform IRCC via C.S.I and they would still ask you for some forms related to her.

Random9465

Star Member
Jul 8, 2019
Where you stand with your application now?
It depends on you. if your goal is to get together asap then you should add her, it might delay your process 2-3 months (not always) but its better then sponsoring him/her later which is a long and painful process as well. Even though you do not wish to add your spouse in your application you would still need to inform IRCC via C.S.I and they would still ask you for some forms related to her.
Thanks for replying i have done with AOR and biometrics and rest things i am still waiting if i update my marriage status does it mean she will add in the process simultaneously or do i have the option to just update my status as a married and carry forward alone ...
Please suggest

ruchikathakur16

Star Member
Jul 10, 2019

Applicant:
- Revised IMM 0008

SPOUSE
- Schedule A
- IMM 5406
- Photographs
- Birth Certificate 2
Fees, if accompanying
- Medical

• IMM 5406 Applicant

SPOUSE:
  • IMM 5406
  • Revised IMM 0008
  • Marriage Certificate
  • Birth Certificate
  • Passport 1st page
  • PPT size photo
  • payment Receipt

What have you choose for program under which you are applying for yourself and for your spouse in imm0008 form